The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 crashing axes menu

Driver170

12 hours ago, Driver170 said:

When i show FSUIPC in MS2020 click on AXES, FSUIPC crashes and disappears. This causes me to restart MS2020

Hi Vernon,

FSUIPC7.EXE is a separate program. If it crashes, why not just restart it, not MSFS?

Anyway, John will need a lot more information: at minimum the FSUIPC7.LOG and FSUIPC7.INI files from the FSUIPC7.EXE folder, and the Windows crash data from the Event Viewer.

It would probably also be useful to say what aircraft you had loaded, and what other FSUIPC or SimConnect client programs are running.

Pete

15 hours ago, Driver170 said:

Simconnect pete

It might be the SimConnect client count problem. There are parameters you can change -- for SimConnect (increasing client count) and for FSUIPC's re-connections. You can either wait for John to reply (after the Easter break) or check through the other threads as I'm sure there are answers here.

Pete

I doubt its related to Simconnect if it is happening when opening the axes assignment dialog. But, as Pete says, I need to see you log and ini files, together with any information from the windows event viewer.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:15 PM, Driver170 said:

This causes me to restart MS2020

But why is this? If FSUIPC7 crashes, you can just restart FSUIPC7 - no need to restart MSFS.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:10 AM, John Dowson said:

I doubt its related to Simconnect if it is happening when opening the axes assignment dialog. But, as Pete says, I need to see you log and ini files, together with any information from the windows event viewer.

But why is this? If FSUIPC7 crashes, you can just restart FSUIPC7 - no need to restart MSFS.

This crashes only with prosim737 running ie the main module

FSUIPC7.log

14 hours ago, Driver170 said:

This crashes only with prosim737 running ie the main module

So, why can't you restart it without also restarting MSFS? Especially as ProSim isn't dependent upon FSUIPC if you have it running in SimConnect mode. And aren't you supposed to assign all axes in ProSim in any case?

Anyway, you still haven't supplied the most essential data -- the crash details from the Windows Event Viewer. Otherwise the Log isn't a lot of use.

Pete

Hi pete, i did restart the FSUIPC7.exe before I thought I couldn’t. Just forget sometimes that this isn’t built into the sim anymore.

I haven’t assigned anything i’m just having a nose in the axis menu 😉

Ok next time i’m on i will send the event viewer

Cheers

When this crashes it also cuts prosim737 off ie engines cut off etc. i run PS in FSUIPC mode

FSUIPC7.exe
      6055d473
      ntdll.dll
      60a6ca36
      c0000374
      00000000000fef89
      cf8
      01d72d821114c4cd
      C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
      d89c0bd3-94a6-4051-b7b4-c45a4407f5df

11 hours ago, Driver170 said:

i run PS in FSUIPC mode

But when I asked about the PS mode you said "SimConnect    Pete"!  Why have you changed?

The only information I can find about that error is:

Exception code 0xc0000374 means you're facing heap corruption. The most common causes for this kind of error are these two: A faulty RAM module. Buffer overrun, when one thread tries to read something and another thread has removed data in the meanwhile.

So I think John will need to know what the last changes were that PS tried to make through FSUIPC, as it seems very likely to be some clash between those requests and the joystick scan FSUIPC does each time you enter the assignments menus from Axes or Buttons.

I suggest you try PS in SimConnect mode, as I'm sure is currently advised. I am even using SimConnect mode on my P3D5 cockpit despite all the hardware being driven by my own drivers through FSUIPC.

Pete

2 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

But i use CFY TQ and that trim wheel needs FSUIPC though

I think you misunderstand that part of ProSim. Assigning a control via FSUIPC won't need PS to be in FSUIPC mode.

The PS mode is to do with how it controls the Sim. It is nothing to do with how it gets inputs from controls.

7 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

What you mean faulty ram module?

I don't mean anything by it!! I was just quoting (that's why it shows as a quote!) what i found out about the error. If you actually read it all you would see that was only one possibillty.

Pete

1 minute ago, Driver170 said:

But if i use simconnect and then use trim on my yoke prosim737 trim indicator jumps up and down and stays at 4 units?

Are you assigning trim in ProSim as you must to allow it to control the aircraft correctly? If so, you really need to talk to Humberto about it. Sounds like you have something wrong.

Almost all my hardware is driven through FSUIPC but I assign all my axes via FSUIPC offsets in ProSim -- and ProSim is set to run in SimConnect mode (Even though that cockpit is on P3D5 I chose that mode to relieve the traffic going through FSUIPC).

If you are insisting on trying out MSFS with ProSim I think you need to expect some teething problems. I have MSFS on my VFR cockpit (a Piper Arrow III) and still need to sort out quite a few oddities. It was perfect on P3D5.

Does your setup work okay with ProSim on P3D5? In SimConnect mode?

Pete

2 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

As you can see they won’t you to use these offsets to make your yoke trim move the trim wheels

No, I can't see and I'm not going to try to magnify your pics. Please never bother to post pics. They are no substitute for proper explanations in words!

If they are offsets to drive the motor for the wheels I'm sure that you can assign to those AND have them assigned in ProSim.

None of that is, however, anything to do with whether PS is in SimConnect or FSUIPC mode.  As I said, that mode is concerned with how it controls the aircraft in the Sim, it is not at all related to any your control inputs.

Pete

22 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

Ok pete, but how can i achieve this -

Research the ProSim configuration facilities, like I did. Sorry, I can't instruct you. My motorized trim seems to work fine from the standard FS offsets for trim, even with the trim axis assigned in ProSim.

The way you talk, ProSim can't manage motorized trim wheels. I'm sure that is not true and in any case you should be able to relate your trim wheel position to the normal FS trim offset. 

I'd pursue this on the ProSim Forum if i were you. it really isn't an FSUIPC problem to solve -- unlike, possibly, the crash you reported and for which, as I said, John may need much more information about what ProSim was trying to do at the time you went into the Axes settings so forcing a rescan of devices. I am now thinking that might have been to do with whatever your Trim driver software was doing.

Either way, what you are now asking is still nothing to do with whether you have ProSim in SimConnect or FSUIPC mode.  I don't know why you are still confusing this.

I think this will be all from me on this topic. You seem not to read all I say. Why not try just switching to SimConnect mode (as in fact you said you were using in the first place!).

Pete