The simFlight Network Forums

Problem giving voice taxi commands

crash24242003

Im looking for guidance on a problem i am having.  I have seen other people give commands for a plane to go to the runway.   So it looks like this:  Delta 1234 pushback approved expect runway 31 at taxiway B via A B.  When I do this all it picks up is Delta 1234 pushback approved expect runway 31 and does not finish the command.  What am I doing wrong or is there something that I am missing.  Any help will be appeciative.

Edited by scoobflight
Clarify subject line to reflect question

• scoobflight changed the title to Problem giving voice taxi commands

I believe your problem is that the game's speech engine doesn't recognize the full instruction.  The phraseology that the game's speech engine recognizes (and it should be spoken exactly as written) is located in the "tower3d.rec" file (a text type file) that is located in the game's "Tower!3D Pro" main folder.  The basic game has just one “pushback" command in its "tower3d.rec" file and that one only includes the expected runway.  The "at" (taxiway intersection) and "via" (routing) are included in the file’s actual taxi instructions since they are usually given when you taxi the plane.  However, some of the game's phraseology can be modified to a certain degree (that is if you somewhat know what you are doing).  I've attached some of the added pushback commands that I have in my “tower3d.rec” file that work for me (though I usually don’t use them, but they are there).  All you should have to do is copy and paste them into your "tower3d.rec" file and you should be able to do what you were trying to do at pushback.  I hope this helps.  

Pushback Instructions.txt

On 4/5/2021 at 5:16 PM, crash24242003 said:

Im looking for guidance on a problem i am having.  I have seen other people give commands for a plane to go to the runway.   So it looks like this:  Delta 1234 pushback approved expect runway 31 at taxiway B via A B.  When I do this all it picks up is Delta 1234 pushback approved expect runway 31 and does not finish the command.  What am I doing wrong or is there something that I am missing.  Any help will be appeciative.

As other said this is not normally a function within the game.  You push it back, then once it is ready to go you give it taxi route commands.  Comes down to how you want to play and you operate within a work flow to keep track of what is happening.  

I thought about putting those commands in up front but decided I didnt want to re mod the game every update 🙂 And after that it fit within my workflow style very well as I may push a plane back from the gate to get it in the lane but wont move it for a few minutes while other traffic clears out.  Makes it much easier for me to assess potential crashes on planes when I control their movements of getting into traffic. 

Otherwise the pilots wont necessarily stop and wait so they may just drive out and kill themselves lol.