The simFlight Network Forums

New computer: Import FSUIPC 6 settings

Hi, I have a new computer where I am installing all my flight simulation software (P3Dv4.5).

On my old computer I use FSUIPC 6 and I would like to import all the settings related to the 4 airplanes I owned into the new computer.

How can I do it?

Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Freccia said:

On my old computer I use FSUIPC 6 and I would like to import all the settings related to the 4 airplanes I owned into the new computer.

How can I do it?

It can be as simple as copy these files over from your previous FSUIPC6 installation foder:

FSUIPC6.INI
all *.Lua files
all *.Mcro files
your Profiles folder, if one exists (if not, don't worry, it's an optional folder).

It will help enormously if you were using Joy Letter on your old computer, because then the different identifcations of your connected controls (joysticks) be be very easy to adapt to the new PC. If not, and you still have the old computer up and running with P3D it would be worth your while connecting the devices back as they were (same sockets if possible), and enabling joy letters there first. then run P3D once to get the letters assigned correctly.

One you have set up the new PC a revised FSUIPC6.INI file will be generated and you should be able to see if any adjustments are needed. If you come back here for help, attach the old and new FSUIPC6.INI files.

Pete

Ok Pete, my old computer is still operational and fully functional with my hotas still connected (Logitech X56).

I don't know what "Joy Letter" is. Is it a function of FSUIPC (which I may not have seen)?

I would also like to clarify the phrase "same sockets if possible". Currently the two devices of my hotas are connected to two USB ports, and that is what I intend to do in my new PC (connect the hotas to two USB ports).

Of course I will copy the files from the old computer (FSUIPC6.INI, all * .Lua files, all * .Mcro files, your Profiles folder, if one exists)

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Freccia said:

I don't know what "Joy Letter" is. Is it a function of FSUIPC (which I may not have seen)?

There's a chapter about it in the FSUIPC User Guide. Take a look.

2 hours ago, Freccia said:

I would also like to clarify the phrase "same sockets if possible". Currently the two devices of my hotas are connected to two USB ports

I just meant that if you'd disconnected them already, when you reconnect them use the same sockets. And, yes, USB sockets!

Pete

Hi Pete, I tried to follow your instructions but something must have gone wrong.

I copied to the FSUIPC folder:
FSUIPC6.INI
all * .Lua files
all * .Mcro files
(I didn't have any profile folders)

Before doing this, as per your instructions, I opened the FSUIPC6.INI file of the old computer (attached), changed the "AutoAssignLetters" value from No to Yes, and started the simulator.
As you can see from the file, it worked.

I have saved the whole Modules folder. By the way, I never found it on the new computer, always with the same version of P3Dv4.5HF3 (I tried to install P3Dv5.1 but my PC with the old video card can't support it).

At this point I installed my airplane (Leonardo MD-82 - Maddog X) and I installed FSUIPC (new clean file FSUIPC.INI attached).

Then I copied the saved files from the old computer to the FSUIPC6 folder (FSUIPC6.INI, all * .Lua files, all * .Mcro files).

I started P3Dv4.5 but .... nothing worked, neither the axes nor the buttons. On the contrary, the axes were totally busted: I moved the throttle and instead moved the ailerons (things like that).

Where did I go wrong?

P.S.: Of course I have entered "NEW" and "OLD" in the filenames just now to upload them to the forum.

FSUIPC6-NEW.ini FSUIPC6-OLD.ini

26 minutes ago, Freccia said:

Where did I go wrong?

I'm not sure you've done anything wrong.

Here's the [JoyName] sections:

NEW:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=X56 H.O.T.A.S. Stick
0.GUID={3B5C1710-9C80-11EB-800A-444553540000}
1=X56 H.O.T.A.S. Throttle
1.GUID={3B5CDA60-9C80-11EB-8014-444553540000}

OLD:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
0=X56 H.O.T.A.S. Stick
0.GUID={6467EC70-9C3A-11EA-8005-444553540000}
1.GUID={646888B0-9C3A-11EA-8008-444553540000}
A=X56 H.O.T.A.S. Stick
A.GUID={6467EC70-9C3A-11EA-8005-444553540000}
B=X56 H.O.T.A.S. Throttle
B.GUID={646888B0-9C3A-11EA-8008-444553540000}

So, with only two clearly identified devices, and conveniently with the same ID numbers as before (only the GUIDs have changed), it is easy (you could have worked this out yourself from the chapter on Jot Letters in the User Guide):

Here's the NEW section with the changes you need highlighted:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes
0=X56 H.O.T.A.S. Stick
0.GUID={3B5C1710-9C80-11EB-800A-444553540000}
1.GUID={3B5CDA60-9C80-11EB-8014-444553540000}

A=X56 H.O.T.A.S. Stick
A.GUID={3B5C1710-9C80-11EB-800A-444553540000}
B=X56 H.O.T.A.S. Throttle
B.GUID={3B5CDA60-9C80-11EB-8014-444553540000}

That's it.