The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Error #12

2 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

What program is sending that message? Are you using FSUIPC to shutdown that program as well?

Hello John, I am using Prosim737 and use FSUIPC to start Opencockpits SIOC, Prosim737 MCP and Prosim737. Not sure which one (or if all) is the culprit.

I suspected it might have been that.

Thanks very much for the reply.

Michael.

1 minute ago, Portanav said:

Not sure which one (or if all) is the culprit.

You need to determine which one, if any, is showing that message. Could it be something else? You could also show me your FSUIPC log file (and ini maybe) - that should show what was started and shut down.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:39 AM, John Dowson said:

You need to determine which one, if any, is showing that message. Could it be something else? You could also show me your FSUIPC log file (and ini maybe) - that should show what was started and shut down.

Hi John, I removed all the programs except for Prosim737 and I am still getting the error after shutdown of P3D. I have attached the log file for your perusal.

Thanks.

FSUIPC6.log

As I said, you need to determine what is showing that pop-up. You should be able to do that from the task bar - did you try?

6 minutes ago, Portanav said:

Hi John, I removed all the programs except for Prosim737 and I am still getting the error after shutdown of P3D. I have attached the log file for your perusal.

It would help if you also showed me your FSUIPC6.ini file....
However, your  log shows that there was an error starting ProSim:

275110 FSUIPC couldn't run: "G:\ProSim737" ProSim737.exe" [Error=2]  

So, if FSUIPC didn't start prosim, something else did. If FSUIPC didn't start prosim, it won't be able to stop/kill it when terminating. Could that message therefore be from ProSim that has lost its FSUIPC connection as FSUIPC has terminated?

The error reported (Error=2) indicates 'file not found', which is the error FSUIPC is receiving from windows when trying to execute your ProSim run command.

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

275110 FSUIPC couldn't run: "G:\ProSim737" ProSim737.exe" [Error=2]  

If this the command line then it is no wonder it couldn't run. That says "run G:\ProSim737" (which is presumably a folder) with the parameter ProSim737.exe.

Assuming the path is correct you need just G:\ProSim737\ProSim737.exe. You don't even need any " as this contains no spaces.

Pete

You should be able to do that from the task bar - did you try?

No I didn't, and will do so  next.

It would help if you also showed me your FSUIPC6.ini file

I will send this on my next reply.

So, if FSUIPC didn't start prosim, something else did. If FSUIPC didn't start prosim, it won't be able to stop/kill it when terminating. Could that message therefore be from ProSim that has lost its FSUIPC connection as FSUIPC has terminated?

FSUIPC didn't/couldn't start Prosim so I did that myself, so maybe that was the cause of the error#12. I check again.

I will look further into this.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

If this the command line then it is no wonder it couldn't run. That says "run G:\ProSim737" (which is presumably a folder) with the parameter ProSim737.exe.

Assuming the path is correct you need just G:\ProSim737\ProSim737.exe. You don't even need any " as this contains no spaces.

Pete

Oh dear, silly me. I didn't notice that.

Again, thanks and I'll report further.

14 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

Yes Pete, correct; I entered by mistake an quotation mark in the line - G:\ProSim737ProSim737.exe"

Pete, I was copying the the programs path from shortcuts, and some of them included quotes in the line which I did not take notice of. I made the correct entries this time, and all is working well once again.

Thanks for the enlightenment and guidance.

Michael.

8 minutes ago, Portanav said:

all is working well once again.

Good. So all the error meant was that FSUIPC closed whilst ProSim was still trying to access it.

With FSUIPC client applications like ProSim, there is no harm in starting them separately as you were doing, but you usually need to close them BEFORE closing the sim to avoid them complaining about the connection.  (There are so programs which detect the Sim closing so automatically close themselves, maybe be option).

Pete

• Like 1