The simFlight Network Forums

DEVELOPER BLOG - NOVEMBER: LET THERE BE LIGHT

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

Unfortunately we needed to delay our dev blog last month but the waiting is over. In this month we discuss how did we approach the lighting within Tower! Simulator 3 and the reason for the huge coloured balls in the middle of the runway.
FeelThere_Development_Blog_November-3.thumb.jpg.1c5ce447a1a2bdadea9d0a894ef0eae8.jpg

Please visit https://feelthere.com/tower-simulator-developer-blog-4/ for the blog and for lots of more screenshots. Did I mention these are unedited images taken directly from the sim?
FeelThere_Development_Blog_November-4.thumb.jpg.f863a3fef5f936a2d17f82e5fd3dfb04.jpg

Thank you

Vic

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FeelThere_Vic said:

Dear Folks,

Unfortunately we needed to delay our dev blog last month but the waiting is over. In this month we discuss how did we approach the lighting within Tower! Simulator 3 and the reason for the huge coloured balls in the middle of the runway.
FeelThere_Development_Blog_November-3.thumb.jpg.1c5ce447a1a2bdadea9d0a894ef0eae8.jpg

Please visit https://feelthere.com/tower-simulator-developer-blog-4/ for the blog and for lots of more screenshots. Did I mention these are unedited images taken directly from the sim?
FeelThere_Development_Blog_November-4.thumb.jpg.f863a3fef5f936a2d17f82e5fd3dfb04.jpg

Thank you

Vic

looks so good cant wait to play it

Wow... just wow Vic. This is some seriously impressive stuff FT is putting together. I get that testing still has to ensure it can work with various hardware (to one degree or another) but what a rush!

Me and my shiny new AMD 5900 with Radeon 6900XT are now officially on the bandwagon. Thanks for the update!

Paul

22 hours ago, Pdubya said:

Wow... just wow Vic. This is some seriously impressive stuff FT is putting together. I get that testing still has to ensure it can work with various hardware (to one degree or another) but what a rush!

Me and my shiny new AMD 5900 with Radeon 6900XT are now officially on the bandwagon. Thanks for the update!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you. I'm testing it on my the same computer that I used for T!3D and even it's still unoptimized I'm getting around the same performance (I always test on full quality). I think your system should be fine 🙂 

Vic