The simFlight Network Forums

TBM930 Throttle Axis not responding using FSUIPC7

Mixdiver

After watching YouTube video "TBM 930 THROTTLE Control setup in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 using FSUIPC7 | TBM 930 TUTORIAL",

I bought FSUIPC7, registered it, and created a new profile TBM930 in the Axes Assignments screen, selected "Send to FS as normal axis", and assigned Throttle lever to "Axis Throttle 1 Set" and the Prop lever to "Axis Propeller 1 Set".

The throttle in the simulator does not respond/move with movement of the throttle lever although the Propeller lever will shift between Hi Idle and Taxi if I manually move the throttle up from cutoff into Hi Idle with the mouse then move the Prop lever up.

I've also tried reassigning the throttle to "Axis Throttle Set" to no aval. The throttle and propeller are not assigned in MSFS 2020 Control Options: Power Management.

I'm using the Logitech Pro Flight Yoke System

I did not install WIDEFS7 because I am not using networked computers; just a stand-alone PC.

It's probable something real simple that I've overlooked... Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

Edited by Mixdiver
Added Tags, edited content

None of the throttle controls seem to work any more in the TBM930 (via simconnect). I have tried various controls, the axis ones and also including the throttle 10/20/30/.../90, throttle inc, throttle dec, and non seem to have any affect. The only thing that seems to work is F2 and F3 keys for throttle dec and throttle inc respectively, but sending these controls via SimConnect has no affect.

This was previously working so must have broken in a recent update, SU7 maybe. Not sure what to advise at the moment - maybe try assigning this in MSFS, or try one of the TBM 930 mods to see if this is fixed in one of them - maybe the Mugz mod fixes this. There are various reports of the throttle being broken since SU7, e.g https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fixed-reverse-throttle/479301/8

John

Thanks guys for your input but the throttle is not "seen" in FSUIPC7 to do a calibration on it.

I'll contact MugZ and see if his mod fixes the issues.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edited by Mixdiver

9 hours ago, Mixdiver said:

Thanks guys for your input but the throttle is not "seen" in FSUIPC7 to do a calibration on it.

So you cannot even assign the axis in the axis assignment panel? Is anything on your device recognised - any axis or button?

9 hours ago, Mixdiver said:

I'll contact MugZ and see if his mod fixes the issues.

No mod will fix the controller not being recognised - this is a windows issue. Can you please show me your FSUIPC7.log, FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv files and I will take a look.

John

The log and ini file were included with original post. Here is the joyscan file John.

The throttle axis is seen/functioning in the axis assignment screen and can be assigned as stated earlier. When I try to calibrate the throttle, that is the screen/function where the throttle is not responding or seen in the software. I hope this is clear.

Update: After assigning Axis Throttle Set (instead of Axis Throttle 1 Set), the throttle is now seen in the Calibration screen BUT there is no throttle movement in the sim (when throttle is not assigned in sim). So without the throttle assigned in sim, FSUIPC doesn't control throttle.

Thanks for looking into this further.

PS  I PM'ed Mugz concerning his mod fixing the TBM9 throttle be have gotten no reply (yet).

FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv

Edited by Mixdiver
Added Update

I have the same problem.  It started with mod 6.3 and 6.3.1. Mugz had changed the tbm930_interior.xlm file.  I attached it, and about 1/3 down he added some binding_set lines that are on the right side.  If I go back to mod 6.2 everything works fine, but 6.3.1 you have to use msfs binding just for the throttle, the prop works with FSUIPC or msfs, it's not affected.

TBM930_interior.zip

4 hours ago, johnk515 said:

I have the same problem.  It started with mod 6.3 and 6.3.1. Mugz had changed the tbm930_interior.xlm file.  I attached it, and about 1/3 down he added some binding_set lines that are on the right side.  If I go back to mod 6.2 everything works fine, but 6.3.1 you have to use msfs binding just for the throttle, the prop works with FSUIPC or msfs, it's not affected.

Ok, thats interesting - thanks for the info.

John

17 hours ago, johnk515 said:

...you have to use msfs binding just for the throttle...

Saw the bindings you were referring to be not sure where to incorporate them (ini?) in msfs. May be "above my paygrade" so might just use mouse at cold start to get the tbm fired up till a proper fix comes along.

Thanks all for your comments and/or recommendations!

• 1 year later...

Just took another look at this to see if there was any change, and it seems that the TBM930 improvement mod is no longer working with the latest version of MSFS.
And the throttle animation is still broken - you can assign the throttle in FSUIPC7 and it does work, but the animation of the throttle in the VC is broken so you will not see the throttle move. If toy want to see the throttle move, you must assign in MSFS.

So, basically no change here, except for the fact that the improvement mod no longer works. I don't expect Asobo will get around to fixing this, so I am closing this thread now.

John