The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 document of MSFS2020 Events

danewatson

14 hours ago, danewatson said:

Is there a FSUIPC7 document that lists out all the available MSFS2020 Events (actions)?

Yes - a file called Controls List for MSFS Build xxx.txt (where xxx is the build number, currently 999) is automatically generated, and is located in your Documents/FSUIPC7 folder.

• Like 1

Hi, I've been using FSUIPC for years and, I'm sure, I think I'm using a tiny fraction of its potential, also because I don't understand some commands.

Example, I would like to set an axis for the A320 FBW tiller, in their instructions I read (Nose Wheel and Tiller Operation): If you use externally configured controls using SPAD.neXt, FSUIPC or Axis and Ohs you can use the SIMCONNECT: AXIS_MIXTURE4_SET event . The parameter for full left is -16383, for straight it is 0 and for full right it is +16383.

I'm not sure I understand what to do, but looking on the forum I moved the flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo.evt file from the EventFiles folder to the FSUIPC7 root folder.

I don't understand what I have to write inside the file.

Second argument: I read the file "Controls List for MSFS Build 999.txt" and I found a series of parameters to be able to assign many commands (potentiometers, switches, etc) of my hotas X56. However, I don't understand how, for example, a switch (with two positions with central zero spring) when turning on the taxi lights. In fact, I read:

67184 TAXI_LIGHTS_SET
66240 TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS

What is the right parameter to activate the three-position NOSE switch (TO, TAXI, OFF) on the FBW A320?

And again: I would like to use my potentiometers for the lights of the various panels, but in the file I read many parameters that refer to LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER. Which is the right one, for example, to operate the A320 overhead lights?

Sorry if my question is complex but I would like to learn more.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Freccia said:

Example, I would like to set an axis for the A320 FBW tiller, in their instructions I read (Nose Wheel and Tiller Operation): If you use externally configured controls using SPAD.neXt, FSUIPC or Axis and Ohs you can use the SIMCONNECT: AXIS_MIXTURE4_SET event . The parameter for full left is -16383, for straight it is 0 and for full right it is +16383.

I'm not sure I understand what to do, but looking on the forum I moved the flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo.evt file from the EventFiles folder to the FSUIPC7 root folder.

I don't understand what I have to write inside the file.

AXIS_MIXTURE4_SET is a standard MSFS/SimConnect control - you do not need to use event files. Just assign your tiller axis to that axis controls.
And when using event files, you do not need to 'write inside the file'.

Second argument: I read the file "Controls List for MSFS Build 999.txt" and I found a series of parameters to be able to assign many commands (potentiometers, switches, etc) of my hotas X56. However, I don't understand how, for example, a switch (with two positions with central zero spring) when turning on the taxi lights. In fact, I read:

67184 TAXI_LIGHTS_SET
66240 TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS

Those are controls and control numbers, not parameters. TO use TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS, just assign to the control Toggle Taxi Lights  in the FSUIPC control dop-down - its a toggle control so no parameter needed. To use the TAXI_LIGHTS_SET control, assign to Taxi Lights Set and the parameter will be 1 for on and 0 for off.
If you want to understand what the controls do and the parameter means (when nbot obvious), you need to consult the MSFS documentation - see https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/index.htm#t=Programming_Tools%2FSimVars%2FEvent_IDs.htm.

What is the right parameter to activate the three-position NOSE switch (TO, TAXI, OFF) on the FBW A320?

For the FBW A320, you should consult the MobuFlight hubhop preset list: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/#/list
This lists the following MF presets for the nose light switch:
    1526063219_Image2.thumb.png.8dbdbe0501c926f5956b84adc70e2954.png

Looking at the code for those presets, they are using a combination of lvars and 2 events, You can set-this up directly using FSUIPC, but it would be much easier if you installed the MF WASM module and use those presets directly. To do this, once you have installed the MF WASM module, create an event file in your FSUIPC7 installation folder (eg FBW-A320-nose.evt) with the following content:

[Events]
0=MobiFlight.NOSE_LIGHTS_OFF
1=MobiFlight.NOSE_LIGHTS_TAXI
2=MobiFlight.NOSE_LIGHTS_TO

You can then assign to those MF events directly. You can also use the provided MF event files for the DVW A320 - A32X-FBW1.evt and A32X-FBW2.evt (located under the EventFiles sub-folder of your installation). However, I have not updated these in quite a while and so they are out of date, with many events missing, such as these. You could use these files, and add any missing entries to the A32X-FBW2.evt file (max of 256 entries per file, with 255 being the highest index number).

13 hours ago, Freccia said:

And again: I would like to use my potentiometers for the lights of the various panels, but in the file I read many parameters that refer to LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER. Which is the right one, for example, to operate the A320 overhead lights?

No idea. Check the MF preset list to see if anything looks appropriate. Otherwise you can try activating logging (for events and axis controls) and seeing what is logged when you change the lights in the UI, and then assign to those controls.

13 hours ago, Freccia said:

Sorry if my question is complex but I would like to learn more.

There is a lot of information available both in these forums and elsewhere. If using the FBW, also check there discord channell, as well as the MobiFlight discord channel and resources. For FSUIPC, you should at least take a look at the provided documentation.

John