The simFlight Network Forums

Windows 8.1 / Parallels

cwojo23

Hi 

I have now troubleshot that if I run 3dTower Pro in administrator I get the made up airlines even with installed Real Traffic.

If I run it not in Administrator I get real traffic but no sound. Any ideas? Running Windows 8.1 on Parallels 

thanks 

22 minutes ago, crbascott said:

For most, running in Admin mode is required to get sound working.

Typically, your Real Traffic issue seems to be indicative of multiple installations. 

Hmm I only have one installation, have uninstalled, deleted and started over and still same result. 

On 4/25/2022 at 2:11 AM, cwojo23 said:

Hi 

I have now troubleshot that if I run 3dTower Pro in administrator I get the made up airlines even with installed Real Traffic.

If I run it not in Administrator I get real traffic but no sound. Any ideas? Running Windows 8.1 on Parallels 

thanks 

Hey!

Here is a cool article that generally describes the solution to your problem. I hope she helps you. I leave a link to the article: https://cultureofgaming.com/how-to-be-an-air-traffic-controller-tower3d-pro-review/site Read and follow-up me if you still have questions! 

Regards,

Jame Corbitt

I'm not entirely sure that looking at the folder/file structure will actually help. I suspect that when the TO talks about Parallels (the company), he or she means an app like Parallels Desktop, i.e. a virtual machine under which Windows 8.1 was installed. Problems with games then often reside under the surface. I'm not really sure that the problem can be solved in this forum. Perhaps the TO is better off here: https://forum.parallels.com/

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

I'm not entirely sure that looking at the folder/file structure will actually help. I suspect that when the TO talks about Parallels (the company), he or she means an app like Parallels Desktop, i.e. a virtual machine under which Windows 8.1 was installed. Problems with games then often reside under the surface. I'm not really sure that the problem can be solved in this forum. Perhaps the TO is better off here: https://forum.parallels.com/

I'll check that there is one installation. Parallels is not the issue, I'm able to run many other apps no issue. I have scanned all over this forum to try to solve this which is why I posted finally. I have on my other machine used Parallels and Windows 10 and get it to run with sound and real airlines. I just do not have a key for another Windows 10 install so far which is why I was trying to see if there were any issues known to 8

How is this deployed?  MAC / Linux box > Parallels VM > Windows 8.1 > game installed into default directory? 

Windows 8.1 chosen because you had a license or because of a specific requirement keeping you from upgrading it to 10?
The game and DLC files pulled into the VM environment through a shared folder with the host or off the internet within the VM itself?  

Are there different user profiles set up on the 8.1 VM with different permission levels? 
When installing did the game or OS ask to install the game for the specific user or all users? 

Were the installers run under the admin launch option or just installed? 

Some of those are just clarity points.  I've never heard of Parallels before but have used a few VM tools and environments.  If you installed off of a shared folder from the host I could see the installer having some confusion but that seems far fetched.  It sounds almost like different user accounts with different permissions to the game files or group policy issues but again not sure why unless you are not using the admin account up front, or if you have UAC interfering for safety reasons.  

I've only installed the game on Windows 7 and 10, probably hundreds of times by now and never had any problems with the installers or the end results outside of my error in directory selection.