The simFlight Network Forums

fuel levers idle/cutoff for the new PMDG 737-700 MSFS

Cuantreau

Very difficult to get your head around that. I’ve tried a conditional thing and have obviously set it correctly in the FSUIPC.ini, but it doesn’t solve the problem.

Also, why are all my buttons showing 1 lower number in FSUIPC than in the Windows Game Controllers dialogue?

EDIT: The problem seems to be that either FSUIPC or PMDG or MSFS doesn’t seem to register when the detent buttons are released. It registers when they are selected, but not released.

8 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

Also, why are all my buttons showing 1 lower number in FSUIPC than in the Windows Game Controllers dialogue?

FSUIPC numbers buttons from 0, whereas windows starts from 1...

9 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

The problem seems to be that either FSUIPC or PMDG or MSFS doesn’t seem to register when the detent buttons are released. It registers when they are selected, but not released.

FSUIPC certainly registers a release...but what button(s) are you talking about? What are you trying to do? 

9 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

I’ve tried a conditional thing and have obviously set it correctly in the FSUIPC.ini, but it doesn’t solve the problem.

What problem?

I have a few other settings/configurations that I would like to try - didn't have time today, but will take another look tomorrow...
I can also show you how I used this to prevent reversers activating from the throttle detent when reverser not activated.

John

When I set the throttle detent buttons to set the throttles to parameters -1 upon release, nothing happens. I’m trying to set it so that when the detent buttons are released, the throttles go to reverse idle, then closing the reverse levers cuts the throttles (so they go to forward idle). The reverse levers are working on press and release, and the detents are working on press, but they’re not working on release.

Sorry, didn't have much time today to look into this...

On 9/7/2022 at 8:16 PM, rondon9898 said:

When I set the throttle detent buttons to set the throttles to parameters -1 upon release, nothing happens. I’m trying to set it so that when the detent buttons are released, the throttles go to reverse idle, then closing the reverse levers cuts the throttles (so they go to forward idle). The reverse levers are working on press and release, and the detents are working on press, but they’re not working on release.

The throttle detent should work on release in FSUIPC...I don't think this works in the FS as I believe the always-on type buttons just continually send presses until turned off, and no release.

This is the config I have which is basically how you describe:

[Buttons.PMDG737]
1=PB,8,C65966,1 	-{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
2=UB,8,CPPMDG_B737_Eng_1_Reverse_Thrust_Kill,0 	-{Preset Control}-
4=PB,9,C65971,1 	-{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
5=UB,9,CPPMDG_B737_Eng_2_Reverse_Thrust_Kill,0 	-{Preset Control}-
6=CR(+B,9)B,25,C65971,0 	-{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
7=CU(+B,8)B,24,C65820,-1 	-{THROTTLE1_SET}-
8=CR(+B,8)B,24,C65966,0 	-{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
9=CU(+B,9)B,25,C65821,-1 	-{THROTTLE2_SET}-

However, the Throttle1/2 Set with a parameter of -1 doesn't seem to set idle reverse, and killing reverse starts forward thrust instead of idle forward.

I'll see if I can take another look tomorrow.... I will check the parameter of -1 to see if I can change this to get idle, and also check what the controls Hold Throttle Reverse Thrust do...

You can always use FSUIPC's logging facility to see what is happening on button presses and releases - best to do this with the logging console window open so that you can see the button presses/releases and events sent in real time.

Note that I will be on holiday from tomorrow evening. back a week Monday.

I have looked into this further, and what ever assignments I try I always get the same problem: when I deactivate the reversers, the motion of the plane suddenly changes from reverse to forward motion, even though the thrust is at idle. This seems to be an issue for PMDG (or maybe MSFS) - I will investigate further when I return from my holidays and report/raise a bug if necessary.

This is the simple config I ended up with:

[Buttons.PMDG737]
ButtonRepeat=4,2
1=PB,8,C65966,1 	-{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
2=UB,8,C1070,112 	-{: F1}-
3=PB,9,C65971,1 	-{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
4=UB,9,C1070,112 	-{: F1}-
5=CR(+B,8)B,24,C65966,1 	-{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
6=CR(+B,8)B,25,C65971,1 	-{THROTTLE2_DECR}-

This only sends the F1 key (throttle idle) when reversers de-activated, but has the affect of changing reverse motion to forward motion in an instant, although the thrust is at idle.
I decided to remove the action on the release of the throttle detent, and I have slowed the button repeat rate to 4 per second. This allows me to slowly increase reverse thrust and move back to the detent to maintain that level of reverse thrust.

I did try various other assignments, but they all had this issue. The throttle 1/2 reverse thrust hold didn't work, although others have reported that Throttle Reverse Thrust Hold is working (i.e. all engine version), but I haven't tried that.

John

On 5/17/2022 at 2:50 PM, adnanso said:

Nope, suffise to add them correctly to the event.txt file then (re)start FSUIPC, that will make them available with the prefix 'Preset:****"

Sans-titre.png

Edit: or simply use the file shared by @John Dowson earlier, it does allready contain these events ..

Hello Guys,
trying to assign the PMDG 737-800 fuel cutoff valves as mentioned above and didn't work for me.
I've upgraded the FSUIPC from 7.3.7 to 7.3.8 and now the custom presets as PMDG B737-7 Fuel cutoff levers are missing.
The events.txt (with the presets for PMDG and other aircrafts) are in the FSUIPC7 folder at C:/FSUIPC7
there is any solution? or something I am missing?

The presets for PMDG 737-7 will work with the PMDG 737-8 ?? I just have the 738 installed.

8 hours ago, Veefe said:

I've upgraded the FSUIPC from 7.3.7 to 7.3.8 and now the custom presets as PMDG B737-7 Fuel cutoff levers are missing.
The events.txt (with the presets for PMDG and other aircrafts) are in the FSUIPC7 folder at C:/FSUIPC7
there is any solution? or something I am missing?

There is an issue with 7.3.8 in that the presets won't load unless you add the following to your FSUIPC7.ini:

[WAPI]
EnableWAPI=Yes

Alternatively, try with the latest beta available here: 

8 hours ago, Veefe said:

The presets for PMDG 737-7 will work with the PMDG 737-8 ?? I just have the 738 installed.

I don't know, I don't have the 737-800. Maybe they do, otherwise I would expect to see new presets for this aircraft on the MF hub-hop site. Try them and see...

John

11 hours ago, John Dowson said:

There is an issue with 7.3.8 in that the presets won't load unless you add the following to your FSUIPC7.ini:

[WAPI]
EnableWAPI=Yes

Alternatively, try with the latest beta available here: 

I don't know, I don't have the 737-800. Maybe they do, otherwise I would expect to see new presets for this aircraft on the MF hub-hop site. Try them and see...

John

Thx for your reply Jhon.
The events for PMDG 737-7 works fine with PMDG 737-800

• 2 months later...

Hello, I  came up with something to make the following work on Honeycomb bravo reverse with the PMDG 737:

1. Idle Reverse when using the reverse lever

2. Full reverse when pulled into the reverse detent

3. Resume Idle Reverse (more or less) when throttle moves away from the detent

4. Disable idle reverse when the reverse lever returns to normal position

Reverse Switch:

When pressed: Throttle1 Decr Parameter 1

When released: Throttle1 Cut Parameter 0

Reverse Detent:

When pressed: Throttle1 Decr Parameter 0 (Repeat when held)

When released: Throttle1 Incr Small Parameter 23

Same setting applies for throttle 2, let me know if it works for you, thank you!

• 1 year later...

This is what I use:

[Buttons.PMDG 737]
1=PC,9,C65966,1     -{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
2=UC,9,C65967,0     -{THROTTLE1_CUT}-
3=RC,25,C65966,0     -{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
4=UC,25,C65965,23     -{THROTTLE1_INCR_SMALL}-
5=PC,10,C65971,1     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
6=UC,10,C65972,0     -{THROTTLE2_CUT}-
7=RC,26,C65971,0     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
8=UC,26,C65970,23     -{THROTTLE2_INCR_SMALL}-

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, C.Schaffhausen said:

This is what I use:

[Buttons.PMDG 737]
1=PC,9,C65966,1     -{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
2=UC,9,C65967,0     -{THROTTLE1_CUT}-
3=RC,25,C65966,0     -{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
4=UC,25,C65965,23     -{THROTTLE1_INCR_SMALL}-
5=PC,10,C65971,1     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
6=UC,10,C65972,0     -{THROTTLE2_CUT}-
7=RC,26,C65971,0     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
8=UC,26,C65970,23     -{THROTTLE2_INCR_SMALL}-

Ok, interesting. So you are using the buttons at the bottom of the axis to decrement on repeat rather than the reverser (buttons). Maybe better then to send THROTTLE1/2_IDLE on the reverser buttons (9,10 in your config) rather than Throttlw1/2_DECR - or even both (i.e. an idle followed by a decr), although the throttle should already be in the idle position when you activate reversers so not that important.
Does this config prevent the aircraft from jumping directly from reversing to forward motion? I will try this when time permits.

Thanks,

John

11 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Ok, interesting. So you are using the buttons at the bottom of the axis to decrement on repeat rather than the reverser (buttons). Maybe better then to send THROTTLE1/2_IDLE on the reverser buttons (9,10 in your config) rather than Throttlw1/2_DECR - or even both (i.e. an idle followed by a decr), although the throttle should already be in the idle position when you activate reversers so not that important.
Does this config prevent the aircraft from jumping directly from reversing to forward motion? I will try this when time permits.

Thanks,

John

Not sure what you're referring to, but the goal of my setup here is that I can go from idle to idle reverse, idle reverse to max reverse, max reverse back to idle reverse, and from idle reverse back to idle. I think this works to a certain degree, would love to know how could I improve this so it is more stable!