The simFlight Network Forums

fuel levers idle/cutoff for the new PMDG 737-700 MSFS

Cuantreau

Hello @Cuantreau I've added the events you are asking for to the Mobiflight Contribution website  around the same time you created this topic 😉

PMDG_B737-7_FUEL_CUT_OFF_LEVER1_DN#(L:switch_688_73X) 100 div 0 == if{ 68801 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }
PMDG_B737-7_FUEL_CUT_OFF_LEVER1_UP#(L:switch_688_73X) 100 div 1 == if{ 68801 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }
PMDG_B737-7_FUEL_CUT_OFF_LEVER2_DN#(L:switch_689_73X) 100 div 0 == if{ 68901 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }
PMDG_B737-7_FUEL_CUT_OFF_LEVER2_UP#(L:switch_689_73X) 100 div 1 == if{ 68901 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }

just add them to your ...\FSUIPC7\events.txt and voilà ! also,  if my undesrtanding is good, they will be automatically included with the next FSUIPC update.

Edited by adnanso

In my P3D 4.5 PMDG 737, I have a spreadsheet that has to control codes for all the PMDG 737 events.  Unfortunately I can't get them to work in msfs 737. In P3D I could either use a toggle switch or on/off switch I.E. anti coalition lights event ID 69757.  It works great there, only if they would work in msfs.

10 hours ago, johnk515 said:

In my P3D 4.5 PMDG 737, I have a spreadsheet that has to control codes for all the PMDG 737 events.  Unfortunately I can't get them to work in msfs 737. In P3D I could either use a toggle switch or on/off switch I.E. anti coalition lights event ID 69757.  It works great there, only if they would work in msfs.

Maybe the control codes have changed. Check the documentation for the MSFS version, or check the MobiFlight hubhob site (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/) for available presets - there are currently 270 available. However, they won't be available in the current events.txt file as this is out of date. I have attached the latest event file - use this to replace the one in your current FSUIPC7 installation: events.txt

10 hours ago, johnk515 said:

In P3D I could either use a toggle switch or on/off switch I.E. anti coalition lights event ID 69757. 

With that updated event file, there are three presets for this:
    PMDG_B737-7_LIGHTS_ANTI_COLLISION_OFF
    PMDG_B737-7_LIGHTS_ANTI_COLLISION_ON
    PMDG_B737-7_LIGHTS_ANTI_COLLISION_TOGGLE
Looking at the preset code, you can use the Rotor Brake control (event id 66587) with a parameter of 12401 (if you don't want to use the preset directly).

John

On 5/14/2022 at 10:03 PM, johnk515 said:

Yes, same thing for the autobrake, can't map them as i did in p3d.

14 hours ago, Cuantreau said:

Yes, same thing for the autobrake, can't map them as i did in p3d.

Did you check the SDK, or list the lvars to see what is available? Controls for the MSFS version of the PMFG 737 may not be the same as used by the P3D version.
There doesn't seem to be much for the auto-brake on the MF HubHop preset list at the moment, just one that shows the following lvar for the AutoBrake Disarm Annunciator State: L:switch_459_73X

John

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Did you check the SDK, or list the lvars to see what is available? Controls for the MSFS version of the PMFG 737 may not be the same as used by the P3D version.
There doesn't seem to be much for the auto-brake on the MF HubHop preset list at the moment, just one that shows the following lvar for the AutoBrake Disarm Annunciator State: L:switch_459_73X

John

John, MSFS or PMDG's SDK? Thanks

On 5/14/2022 at 6:56 PM, adnanso said:

Hello @Cuantreau I've added the events you are asking for to the Mobiflight Contribution website  around the same time you created this topic 😉

PMDG_B737-7_FUEL_CUT_OFF_LEVER1_DN#(L:switch_688_73X) 100 div 0 == if{ 68801 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }
PMDG_B737-7_FUEL_CUT_OFF_LEVER1_UP#(L:switch_688_73X) 100 div 1 == if{ 68801 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }
PMDG_B737-7_FUEL_CUT_OFF_LEVER2_DN#(L:switch_689_73X) 100 div 0 == if{ 68901 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }
PMDG_B737-7_FUEL_CUT_OFF_LEVER2_UP#(L:switch_689_73X) 100 div 1 == if{ 68901 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }

just add them to your ...\FSUIPC7\events.txt and voilà ! also,  if my undesrtanding is good, they will be automatically included with the next FSUIPC update.

Thanks man, will check it out.

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

PMDG custom controls should be documented in the PMDG SDK...maybe in the header file...I have still not seen this for the MSFS version of the PMDG 737. Hoping to have this soon.

John

I don't think they released it yet, I'm afraid.

On 5/14/2022 at 6:56 PM, adnanso said:

adanso, couldn't get them to work, I added to the events .txt file in fsuipc folder, but shouldn't there be an .evt file for that to work in the EventFiles folder? thanks

Nope, suffise to add them correctly to the event.txt file then (re)start FSUIPC, that will make them available with the prefix 'Preset:****"

Sans-titre.png

Edit: or simply use the file shared by @John Dowson earlier, it does allready contain these events ..

Edited by adnanso

13 minutes ago, adnanso said:

any direct way to download the file file from the hubhob site instead of using MobiFlight application ?

There is an Export presets button at the bottom of the search grid - I presume you can use that, although I have never tried.

3 hours ago, Cuantreau said:

I added to the events .txt file in fsuipc folder, but shouldn't there be an .evt file for that to work in the EventFiles folder?

You shouldn't modify the events.txt file, as ant changes will get overridden when you next install FSUIPC7. If you want to add events, use the myevents.txt file. However, you can just use the update events.txt file I posted earlier, as suggested by @adnanso. This will be included in the next FSUIPC7 update, hopefully tomorrow but maybe the day after.

Event files are different - these are for custom events. You could use these, but you would then also need to install the MobiFlight WASM module which handles these. Presets are an alternative that are executed by the FSUIPC WASM module.

John

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

There is an Export presets button at the bottom of the search grid - I presume you can use that, although I have never tried.

You shouldn't modify the events.txt file, as ant changes will get overridden when you next install FSUIPC7. If you want to add events, use the myevents.txt file. However, you can just use the update events.txt file I posted earlier, as suggested by @adnanso. This will be included in the next FSUIPC7 update, hopefully tomorrow but maybe the day after.

Event files are different - these are for custom events. You could use these, but you would then also need to install the MobiFlight WASM module which handles these. Presets are an alternative that are executed by the FSUIPC WASM module.

John

Thank you John, always so helpful man!

44 minutes ago, adnanso said:

Nope, suffise to add them correctly to the event.txt file then (re)start FSUIPC, that will make them available with the prefix 'Preset:****"

Sans-titre.png

Edit: or simply use the file shared by @John Dowson earlier, it does allready contain these events ..

Thanks buddy, already tried that way, didn't work for me. I'll try with John's file.

I 'll do a new post but I can extract ipc.control parameters from the LINDA PMDG action.lua (and keep the nameing),
and then don't know how to go about it 🙂 PDMG rotor brake (PMDG_EVT 66587)
f.i.
PMDG_GLSD_MCP_AP_VNAV    38601
PMDG_GLSD_MCP_AP_LVLCHG    39101
PMDG_GLSD_MCP_AP_HDGSEL    39201
PMDG_GLSD_MCP_AP_LNAV    39701
PMDG_GLSD_MCP_AP_VORLOC    39601
PMDG_GLSD_MCP_AP_APP    39301
PMDG_GLSD_MCP_AP_ALTHLD    39401
PMDG_GLSD_MCP_AP_VS    39501

3 minutes ago, mtjoeng said:

I 'll do a new post but I can extract ipc.control parameters from the LINDA PMDG action.lua (and keep the nameing),

Are you sure that isn't for the P3D PMDG 737?

As @adnanso pointed out in this post, you should look in this file for the MSFS Rotor Brake control parameters: 
     ..\pmdg-aircraft-737\Documentation\PMDG\PMDG_NG3_VC_700.xml

On 5/17/2022 at 6:50 PM, adnanso said:

Sans-titre.png

Does this require any additional tools to work ? am I missing something 😄

I have the PMDG and FSUIPC running, I have set the preset as above yet the control doesnt move. If I however set it via the rotorbrake fuction than the parameter it works. Do I need an extra program or something to have it work with the preset ? @John Dowson@adnanso

16 minutes ago, rb2111 said:

Do I need an extra program or something to have it work with the preset ?

You need to have the WASM installed and enabled to use presets - check the Advanced User guide, un the WASM section.
If the WASM is enabled correctly, you should see the menu entries active under the Add-ins->WASM menu - try listing lvars to confirm the WASM is installed and connected.
Note that you need an aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly (i.e. not in the MSFS menu). Also check that you are using the latest version of FSUIPC7, v7.3.4 - if not, update.

John

• 3 months later...

Chaps can anyone tell me how to configure the bravo for reverse thrust - I’ve tried configuring it as one of the posts above but it has not worked. I can get to full reverse, but i can’t then get back to reverse idle. John said I should post in this thread to see if any of you could give me guidance.

16 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

I’ve tried configuring it as one of the posts above but it has not worked. I can get to full reverse, but i can’t then get back to reverse idle

But how have you configured? Maybe attach your FSUIPC7.ini file and I can take a look...

Assign as follows for Throttle1 (and mimic for throtttle 2):
    - assign your throttle1 axis to the 'Direct to FSUIPC calibration' control Throttle1
    - calibrate throttle 1 - set the min/max and you will also need to reverse
    - go to the button assignments panel and activate throttle1 reverser (this will show up as button 8 ) and assign the press to Throttle1 Decr with a parameter of 1 (no repeats!), and release to Throttle1 Cut.
   - move throttle 1 through the detent. This will register as button 24, and assign to Throttle1 Decr with a parameter of 1 and select for repeats.

With this config, you can activate reverse idle with the reverser, then push the throttle down to increase to max reverse thrust, and also use the reverser off to kill reverse thrust.

Let me know how it goes.

John

I can see the issue, in fact it the aircraft jumps quite suddenly from reverse to forward motion (not just thrust!) for me when de-activating the reversers. I have also tried with the eng1/2 reverse thrust kill presets but the same thing happens. It should be possible to go to reverse idle before cutting - I will keep looking. If anyone else has this working more correctly/efficiently, please advise!
Note that I also found it useful to add a compound condition to the thrust detent, so the throttle decr isn't sent unless the reverser button is on. If you don't do this, the reversers are also activated when you move down through the detent without activating reverser lever first.

A compound button condition applies to the actual state of a 2nd (or more) button (or latch flag) when the assigned button is pressed or released.
This is described in the Advanced User guide, page 21.
This functionality is normally used, for example, to control what an increase/decrease knob sends depending in the position of another selector knob (e.g. the Alt, VS, HDG, etc selector knob on the Bravo).