The simFlight Network Forums

Help FSUIPC 7 PMDG MSFS

tvopium

Hello, before writing to you I did several searches on the subject but I can't manage to make what I'm looking for work. I recently saw your documentation on FSUIPC offsets for the PMDG737. However I don't understand where I have to insert the OFFSET command to make the switch work. I tried in FSUIPC the Offset Byte Set, on the other hand with the Rotor Brake method it actually works, but I don't have all the commands that you published on Hubhop. When I listen to the value in Byte, I have the info in the FS title bar, but no action is happening in the cockpit of the PMDG 737. Thank you for your answer.

fsuipc00.jpgFSUIPC01.jpg

First, please don't attach images - they are far too small and I cannot see anything in them. For your assignments, I need to see your FSUIPC7.ini file.

3 minutes ago, tvopium said:

I recently saw your documentation on FSUIPC offsets for the PMDG737. However I don't understand where I have to insert the OFFSET command to make the switch work.

All additional PMDG offsets are read-only. You cannot/should not write to them.

For control, you need to use either the custom controls via the Rotor Brake control or the available presets. For the former, see 

6 minutes ago, tvopium said:

I don't have all the commands that you published on Hubhop.

All PMDG presets should be available in the latest release, v7.3.8. To assign/see the available presets, you need to check the Select for presets checkbox. Since v7.3.8, presets have been moved to a separate drop-down menu.

John

Hello,

Here is the requested .ini file. Actually in the drop down menu I don't see the PMDG entries, I must have configured something wrong I think. Thank you for your help.

Yes the rotor brake works well and I see the switches moved. However for the Runway_TurnOff I only see a moved switch and with the HoneyComb I have to press the corresponding button twice. In fact my question is, where do you have to enter the value in bytes quoted in the document of the shifts in FSUIPC to see the switches worked?

when i select for preset i see nothing at all

FSUIPC7.ini

Edited by tvopium

44 minutes ago, tvopium said:

Here is the requested .ini file.

But I don't need to see that  at the moment - that comment was for future reference. But your ini does show that you are still using the 7.3.8 beta. This has now been released, so please download the latest version.

46 minutes ago, tvopium said:

when i select for preset i see nothing at all

Did you install the WASM and the MF events.txt file? Both of those are needed.

After you have reinstalled the latest version, if you still don't see the presets please show me your InstallFSUIPC7.log file as well as your FSUIPC7.log file.

50 minutes ago, tvopium said:

In fact my question is, where do you have to enter the value in bytes quoted in the document of the shifts in FSUIPC to see the switches worked?

Not exactly sure what this means, but you enter the Rotor Brake parameter number in the Parameter box. When using an Offset control, you should see two boxes, one to enter the offset and another to enter the parameter.

John

Please ALWAYS exit FSUIPC7 before attaching an FSUIPC7.log file. I cannot tell anything from the one you attached.

Please start MSFS, and let that auto-start FSUIPC7. Then, load an aircraft and click Ready-to-Fly. Wait for 1 minute. Do you see any message in the FSUIPC7 main window, and if so, what?

Then exit FSUIPC7, and show me your FSUIPC7.log file.

John

12 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Can you check that you have the following in your FSUIPC7.ini file and if not add it:

[WAPI]
EnableWAPI=Yes

The WAPI is now enabled by default, but if that section isn't there then the presets will not be loaded. I will fix this in the next release.

That worked; thanks!