The simFlight Network Forums

SIOC Axis to FSUIPC Axis ?

Hello,

i read about the SIOC Connection to FSUIPC.
My Yoke in the Homecockpit is connected to a Opencockpits Mastercard Analog Input for Aileron and Elevator control.
Now i am looking how i can connect this both Axis to FSUIPC and set it to the MSFS Aileron and Elevator Axis. ( using latest FSUIPC 7.3.15 and latest MSFS Beta )

Any help would be really nice

Thanks
Matthias

First, you need a registered version of FSUIPC7 for assignments - if you do not have a license, you can find a trial license in a post at the top of this forum.

44 minutes ago, mroschk said:

i read about the SIOC Connection to FSUIPC.

I have no idea what this is, sorry - I don't use SIOC. I suggest that you just try and see if your yoke is recognised by FSUIPC - if it is, you can just assign your elevators and ailerons in the normal way (see the provided documentation for this).

Otherwise, if your yoke is not seen by FSUIPC, then you should ask about this on OpenCockpits (or the card support forum).
If the yoke isn't seen by FSUIPC as a standard HID joystick type device, it may be possible to use lua. But I would ask about this with the card provider first,

John

Hello,

thanks for the answer.
For sure i have a registered Version of FSUIPC.

You dont know SIOC ??
Sioc is the Script Language for Opencockpits modules...i wonder you dont know that??
If you want you can find it at the Opencockpits Website.

But anyway, i found vJoy and i am on the Way to try it out...seams to work !!

Matthias

14 minutes ago, mroschk said:

You dont know SIOC ??
Sioc is the Script Language for Opencockpits modules...i wonder you dont know that??
If you want you can find it at the Opencockpits Website.

I know what SIOC is, of course, but never used it and don't know what ' the SIOC Connection to FSUIPC' is.

15 minutes ago, mroschk said:

ok, thanks for the update.

John

Hello again,

i am trying to get my Tiller seperated from the Rudder Axis ( or visa versa 🙂 ), thats the Big Aim i have.

For that i set up my Rudder Pedals and Tiller in FSUIPC.
But when i use the Tiller on Ground or use the Rudder on Ground, i have for both the
same deflection of the Nose Wheel.

What could i do wrong ?

In MSFS, the Autorudder is OFF, i check that already ( sorry ma MSFS is in German )

Can anyone help please ?
Matthias

settings_tiller.jpg

settings_rudder.jpg

autorudder.jpg

settings_1.jpg

If you assign to the FSUIPC Steering Tiller axis (i,e, with 'Send direct to FSUIPC calibration') then blending between the rudder and steering tiller is performed, and the amount of blending controlled by ini parameters MaxSteerSpeed and RudderBlendLowest - see the inset box in page 30 of the FSUIPC7 User guide for details, and the Advanced User guide for a description in how those parameters are working. If you don't want any blending, assign with 'Send to FS as Normal Axis', and maybe use  Axis Steering Set rather than Steering Set (you can try both to see which works).

John

17 hours ago, mroschk said:

I've only just noticed this, and I can add something.

If SIOC scripts can write to FSUIPC offsets (which I think they can), then an alternative, without vJoy, is by writing to one of the offsets originally designed for PFC COM devices: 3BA8 to 3BC4. 

See the FSUIPC Offsets Status document for details.

Pete

Hi Pete,

i test the Offsets of PFC.
When i change the Offset for the PFC Tiller, only the Nose Wheel is controlled in MSFS...thats fine.
But then i connect my Rudder Pedals to the PFC Offset for the Rudder and when i chnage this, also the Nose Wheel is controlled in MSFS,
thats not what should happen and not what i am looking for.

I really did not know what is going wrong here?

In MSFS the Rudder combination under Assistance is off for sure, see pic above ( sorry my Sim is in German, but the Setting is at the same Position then in the english version 🙂 )

Have you any ideas ?

Thanks
Matthias

1 hour ago, mroschk said:

When i change the Offset for the PFC Tiller, only the Nose Wheel is controlled in MSFS...thats fine.
But then i connect my Rudder Pedals to the PFC Offset for the Rudder and when i change this, also the Nose Wheel is controlled in MSFS,
thats not what should happen and not what i am looking for.

I really did not know what is going wrong here?

You can use any of the offsets in the PFC list for any axis, and just assign it however you like in FSUIPC. The annotated usage in the list is just how PFC COM devices are added.

With the regular axis controls, assigned in FSUIPC, it is up to MSFS and the flight model what happens.  The regular controls are AXIS_STEERING_SET and AXIS_RUDDER_SET. Have you used those?

Pete

Hi Pete,

yes, i have tried different ways to set up the Rudder and Tiller Axis.

Also AXIS_STEERING_SET and AXIS_RUDDER_SET i have tried.
But always when i assign any Rudder Axis, the Tiller( Nose Wheel ) is controlled by the same deflection as the Rudder.
Isnt there any Option to separate these both Axis ?

Matthias

57 minutes ago, mroschk said:

Also AXIS_STEERING_SET and AXIS_RUDDER_SET i have tried.
But always when i assign any Rudder Axis, the Tiller( Nose Wheel ) is controlled by the same deflection as the Rudder.
Isnt there any Option to separate these both Axis ?

Sorry, I don't know. That's really a question for MSFS support, or possibly specifically for the authors of the flight model you are using.

I'm a P3D user, but I don't know how the nose wheel turns in that, either, because when the aircraft is moving I'm always in the cockpit.

Pete

Yes ok.

Thanks for your help anyway....

But a small other Question about FSUIPC, hope it is ok to ask here.
I remember in the FSUIPC for P3D and Active Sky there was an entry in the FSUIPC.INI to set a Path for the radar.bin file.

I made this entrie in the FSUIPC.INI for FSUIPC7, but no radar.bin is created.

Is this no longer supported by FSUIPC7 and Active Sky v5 ?

Matthias

2 minutes ago, mroschk said:

Is this no longer supported by FSUIPC7 and Active Sky v5 ?

No, not at the moment. I didn't know Active Sky was available for MSFS....!
I will take a look at some point and see if it is possible to re-enable this functionality in FSUIPC7, although I am not sure when I will have time for this at the moment so it may take a while.

John

Hi,

thanks a lot if you can do something there !

Yes, Active Sky v5 is not really compatible with MSFS, but i can ran it in the Background, it says still it is not connected, but when using Simconnect in Prosim it injects the Weather Radar in the ND.
The Prosblem is, this Workaround did not work when i use FSUIPC Mode in Prosim, only when i use Simconnect Mode.

But i want to use FSUIPC Mode because of the Rudder/Tiller issue in Prosim. So its a big Problem as you see, i can have a Weather Radar OR Rudder/Tiller working.
But for my Homecockpit i have no other chance then using Prosim. But the developer of the Flightmodel which Prosim uses is not really up to date with the MSFS Changes.

hmm...for me very annoying, but as i say...i have to use Prosim...no other SOftware available at the Moment.

Matthias

10 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

No, not at the moment. I didn't know Active Sky was available for MSFS....!
I will take a look at some point and see if it is possible to re-enable this functionality in FSUIPC7, although I am not sure when I will have time for this at the moment so it may take a while.

John

Although ActiveSky will run for MSFS, I don't think it is able to control the weather, and it certainly isn't able to create a usable rain cloud map!

Pete

2 minutes ago, mroschk said:

But i want to use FSUIPC Mode because of the Rudder/Tiller issue in Prosim. So its a big Problem as you see, i can have a Weather Radar OR Rudder/Tiller working.
But for my Homecockpit i have no other chance then using Prosim. But the developer of the Flightmodel which Prosim uses is not really up to date with the MSFS Changes.

I use Prosim too, in FSUIPC mode, but I think the FSUIPC/SimConnect choice is only concerned with how it controls FS/MSFS, nothing to do with inputs. I only use FSUIPC mode because of some problems I have otherwise with trims.

As I said, I can't see how any radar image from ActiveSky is going to be of use in MSFS because it really has no control over the cloud placement.

BTW I saw that the latest Prosim update (3.23B2) lists separate Tiller/ Rudder in its change list.

Pete

4 minutes ago, mroschk said:

ok, Active sky is not controlling the weather, it only makes it possible to see the wx radar in prosim when prosim run in simconnect mode

But, as I said:

1) I don't think the weather radar so produced is of any real use in relation to the simulation in MSFS.

2) You can use SimConnect mode for inputs whether from FSUIPC or elsewhere. The SimConnect/FSUIPC mode selection in Prosim is to do with how Prosim controls the Sim, not the inputs .

Pete

Hi Pete,

you are only partially right.

1. If you use Prosim in Simconnect mode, you will get a relativ accurate Radar Display i Prosim ND.

2. Not correct. When you use Prosim in Simconnect Mode, then you have no chance to set up any Control ( Rudder/Tiller/Aileron/Elevator ) in FSUIPC, because Prosim overrides any input from FSUIPC.

Matthias

Ps.: But Pete, if you use Prosim too, did you ever tried a X-Wind T/O ?

26 minutes ago, mroschk said:

Hi Pete,

you are only partially right.

1. If you use Prosim in Simconnect mode, you will get a relativ accurate Radar Display i Prosim ND.

2. Not correct. When you use Prosim in Simconnect Mode, then you have no chance to set up any Control ( Rudder/Tiller/Aileron/Elevator ) in FSUIPC, because Prosim overrides any input from FSUIPC.

Matthias

I don’t know how 1 can be right, unless MSFS now provides the data. It didn’t when I last looked.

For 2, I have used Simconnect mode with almost all  my controls coming from PFC devices through FSUIPC. You only need to make the assignments in Prosim, specifying the offsets correctly. Prosim only overrides assignments made to the sim controls themselves.

Pete

about the Weather, i know that, MSFS provides ALL the Information for a Weather Radar, but Prosim is not able or dont want to implement this.
Thats the reason why i ( or we ) need to do the workarround with Active Sky

About 2 ... i do not understand what you want to say

1 comes as a big surprise, as the cloud map from  P3D used for the radar is part of the complete weather system supported by P3D but not, as far as I know, by MSFS.  In P3D, Activesky needs a module running in the P3D process to obtain this data. I did not know that HiFi simulations had now produced a version specifically for MSFS.  Seems I should send congratulations to Damian if so.

Otherwise the map will be of the cloud positions intended by ActiveSky but not actually achievable with MSFS. They may show approximations but not in any sense accurate enough for navigation. In P3D the radar actually shows when you are in one of the rain clouds or can see one ahead.

On 2, I am saying you can use Prosim In SimConnect mode via FSUIPC offsets for controls.

I’ve got no more to say on this really, so I shall butt out now.

Pete