The simFlight Network Forums

KLAX Terminal Assignments

bcooley66

If you are using KLAX, with Real Traffic and Real Colors, you will be interested in the following: As of June 5, 2017, the following is an accurate representation of the real Airline Terminal assignments at KLAX:

Terminal_GA: FDX
Terminal_1: SWA
Terminal_2: EIN,AMX,SLI,VIR,WJA,DAL
Terminal_3: DAL
Terminal_TBIT: VOI,QTR,AIJ,CHH,AVA,AFL,BER,CCA,AFR,ANZ,AZA,ANA,AAR,BAW,CPA,CAL,CES,CSN,CMP,ELY,UAE,ETH,ETD,EVE,FJI,IBE,JAL,KLM,KAL,LAN,LPE,DLH,NAX,PAL,QFA,SAS,SWR,VOZ,WOW
Terminal_4: AAL
Terminal_5: NKS,JBU,FFT,AAY,TCX,TAI,SCX,LRC,HAL,AAL
Terminal_6: VRD,BTQ,ACA,ASA,QXE,GLA,BUG
Terminal_7: UAL
Terminal_8: CPZ,MEO,SKW,ASH,UAL

All you have to do, is open up the KLAX Terminal note file and make the updates and save. This makes the simulation a lot more realistic in my opinion. Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Flightsimpilot, if you go to www.san.org and check the departures on flight status you can quickly see which airlines operate from which terminals and then amend the ksan terminal file accordingly. I just wish Nyerges Design did it for us. 

I have a similar klax terminal file to bcooley66 but I put my airline listings in alphabetical order because it is easier to spot errors and easier to amend.

4 hours ago, winsaudi said:

Flightsimpilot, if you go to www.san.org and check the departures on flight status you can quickly see which airlines operate from which terminals and then amend the ksan terminal file accordingly. I just wish Nyerges Design did it for us. 

I have a similar klax terminal file to bcooley66 but I put my airline listings in alphabetical order because it is easier to spot errors and easier to amend.

Thanks for that.

Hi 

1 hour ago, Flightsimpilot said:

Thanks for that.

For KSAN did you delete the Commuter Terminal (CT) and assign those to gates? It is my understanding that the CT is closed now. ALlo, what happens if you put an Airline Code in that doesn't have any flights (such as TED). Are there any issues with that?

Many thanks for the www.san.org info!!

1 hour ago, Sky King said:

Hi 

For KSAN did you delete the Commuter Terminal (CT) and assign those to gates? It is my understanding that the CT is closed now. ALlo, what happens if you put an Airline Code in that doesn't have any flights (such as TED). Are there any issues with that?

Many thanks for the www.san.org info!!

There are no issues when the airline code has no flights. Sadly, it doesn't look like much effort was put into cleaning up the Tower!2011 information that was used as the template for the terminal and airlines files. 

Hopefully, at some point, the developers will allow us to get more granular and assign airlines to specific gates. You can only get so "real" at the terminal level.   

bcooley66,

I compared the airlines in your terminal file with those that are included in a schedule created using Dick Parker's Schedule Creator.  I find the following airlines are included in the schedule but are not in your terminal file: NAC, UPS, RPA, THT, EVA, SIA, and THY. I'm guessing that these airlines should be added as follows:

Terminal_GA: NAC, UPS
Terminal_TBIT: EVA, THT, THY, SIA

Do you have a suggestion for RPA?

The following airlines do not appear in Dick's schedule but you have assigned them a terminal.  Do they appear in the Real Traffic schedule?  I couldn't check this because I don't know their two character code: CHH, EVE, WOW, TCX, BUG, BTQ, and MEO.

I agree with you that this will make the sim nore realistic. Unfortunately it will also require me to completely reorganize my brain when it comes to taxiing arrivals.

Tom

11 hours ago, FS1TR said:

bcooley66,

I compared the airlines in your terminal file with those that are included in a schedule created using Dick Parker's Schedule Creator.  I find the following airlines are included in the schedule but are not in your terminal file: NAC, UPS, RPA, THT, EVA, SIA, and THY. I'm guessing that these airlines should be added as follows:

Terminal_GA: NAC, UPS
Terminal_TBIT: EVA, THT, THY, SIA

Do you have a suggestion for RPA?

The following airlines do not appear in Dick's schedule but you have assigned them a terminal.  Do they appear in the Real Traffic schedule?  I couldn't check this because I don't know their two character code: CHH, EVE, WOW, TCX, BUG, BTQ, and MEO.

I agree with you that this will make the sim nore realistic. Unfortunately it will also require me to completely reorganize my brain when it comes to taxiing arrivals.

Tom

EVE, WOW, and MEO are not included in the airlines file - the others you listed are. WOW started flying in/out of LAX in the summer of 2016. Unfortunately, it's not in Real Traffic and definitely is not in Schedule Creator since it based on much older flight data. 

RPA (Republic Airlines) partners with American, United, and Delta. In Real Color, RPA has an American livery. It's up to you where you want to put them. Along those same lines, Compass (CPZ) partners with Delta and American. In Real Color that have a Delta livery but I would say out of LAX they fly more American flights than Delta. I would assign them to the American or Delta terminal instead of Terminal_8 which is United.

On 6/7/2017 at 6:37 PM, Flightsimpilot said:

Never seen so many aircraft,  when you get a chance could you have a look at KSAN. Thanks.

Here's my version of ksan_terminal which I modified after looking at the departure gates on san.org:

Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_1E: SWA
Terminal_1W: ASA,FFT,QXE
Terminal_2E: AAL,AAY,ASH,BAW,JAL,RPA,UAL,VOI,WJA
Terminal_2W: ACA,ASH,AWE,CPZ,DAL,HAL,JBU,JZA,NKS,ROU,SCX,SKW,UAL,VOI,VRD
Terminal_commuter:
Terminal_Cargo: DHL,FDX,NAC,UPS

I have modified all of my terminal files after looking at the online departure boards for each of the airports.  It takes about 30 minutes tops, I just wish Nyerges Design would spend 30 minutes studying each airport and allocating terminals correctly.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-6-8 at 2:25 PM, winsaudi said:

Thanks for that. Even more thanks

• 1 month later...

Dick Parker made an excellent program called Schedule Creator. You can chose the number of planes per hour. I use it all the time. You will find it pinned to the top of the main page of this forum. I hope you enjoy SC as much as I do.