The simFlight Network Forums

Registration problems

Just got a new pc running on Vista.

I cannot get WideFS to register.

Every time I enter the product key it tells me it is registered and I must restart FSX to make it effective. But every time I restart FSX the registration has not worked.

I have tried this several times paying very close attention to the exact layout of the key, but all to no avail.

Any suggestions anyone?

Den

It doesn't matter in vista whether the account holder is Admin or not you have to right click on the program file and select the option to run the program with full administration rights. Sorry if you already know this but i wasn't sure from your replies whether you knew or not. MS in the ultimate wisdom decided not to give administrators full administration rights unless you turn UAC off, or whatever its called.

Andy

Thanks for the reply.

I have already set up the FSX directory to allow full conrol and modify but it still will not accept the code, despite it showing correct when I enter it.

Are ther any other files I should change the permissions on elsewhere perhaps?

Den

Andy

Thanks for the reply.

I have already set up the FSX directory to allow full conrol and modify but it still will not accept the code, despite it showing correct when I enter it.

Are ther any other files I should change the permissions on elsewhere perhaps?

Den

Hello

You missunderstood !

For registration of FSUIPC you have to start FSX by right clicking on it and select "Run as Administrator", so the program will start as a Administrator program with full access. If you don't go this way you can register FSUIPC BUT without any effect !

I certainly did misunderstand!!

Now I have followed your instructions it works at last.

I do document these things. I know nobody reads documentation, but surely after having a problem, didn't you try reading even just the Installation section of the FSUIPC4 user documentation, where it (hopefully) clearly explains how to make registration work on Vista? If so, could you tell me what wasn't clear about it so I can improve it?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

I am having similar problems. I have vista, fsx, pmdg 747-400x and your programme. I have tried right clicking the fsx icon, however, it doesnt display log on as administator. Please help, as I want to configure my siatek pro flight system. Everything is running fine.....FSUIPC in add on menu in fsx.....tried to register and that was fine and it states to restart fsx.....when I do FSUIPC is still unregistered.....tried everything and it is now doing my head in...............Please, please help!

Hi,

if FSUIPC is in the add on menu it is installed ok, so reinstalling it won't help.

As for the "run as admin" thing - it may not work if you click on the icon on your desktop because this is only a link, an alias for FSX.exe. Try using windows explorer to navigate to your FSX folder and start FSX from there by right clicking on FSX.exe and choosing "run as admin".

Regards,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...