The simFlight Network Forums

NEED HELP!!!!!

hey

i posted before but didn't get many answers.

I have FSX with FDC installed but when i try to connect it says "this version is not suitable. You may need to get an update from microsoft"

I tried installing SP1 didn't do anything and then tried SP2 didnt do anything. any body have anything for me to try.

no sorry i cant even install fsuipc4 thats the problem it says "this version is not suitable to run fsuipc4" so there is no fsuipc4 folder cuz i cant install. thats what i need help with how to install fsuipc4.

There's NEVER an "FSUIPC4 folder"! Installing FSUIPC4 is a matter of running the program called "Install FSUIPC4".

Go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson and download "FSUIPC4.ZIP".

Open the ZIP and extract "Install FSUIPC.exe" to any handy folder on your system, then run it by double-clicking it there.

That will install it. If it gets an error, tell me what it says and Save the Install log somewhere (there will be a menu item for that). Show me the Install log.

Pete

I have SP1 and i tried SP2 that didn't help. I don't know what else to try.

Why don't you try showing me the Install log, as I asked yesterday? If the installer created the FSX Modules folder it will be in there. I can't help you unless you try to rerad what I say and provide the information requested.

Pete

i found i had to make the folder my self and see what happen it, it just so happen to work anyways heres what the install log says

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.28

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

theres also a fsuipc dll in there but under it it says" 3.8.1.0" is that the right dll for fsuipc4?

i found i had to make the folder my self and see what happen it, it just so happen to work anyways heres what the install log says

No, do NOT make a Modules folder yourself!

It seems that you didn't read my earlier instructions at all, did you? Here, I will repeat them, with emphasis on the part you ignored:

Go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson and download "FSUIPC4.ZIP".

Open the ZIP and extract "Install FSUIPC.exe" to any handy folder on your system, then run it by double-clicking it there.

That will install it. If it gets an error, tell me what it says and Save the Install log somewhere (there will be a menu item for that). Show me the Install log.

Anyway, this error:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

proves that your FSX installation is bad. The base version of SimConnect which gets installed when you first install FSX from the DVD is missing or mis-installed. Please see the Announcement above called "FSX Help" for instructions on how to repair FSX SimConnect.

theres also a fsuipc dll in there but under it it says" 3.8.1.0" is that the right dll for fsuipc4?

No, that is the FS9 version of FSUIPC. How did it get in there if, as you say, you just created a new Modules folder for FSX? I don't know what you are doing but you have got everything very confused.

Regards

Pete

oh now i see. i download what you told me and deleted the folder i made and i tried to install i get the same thing but this time only there is a install log now fsuipc.dll. the install log reads the same thing.

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.28

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

*************** End of Install Log ***************

oh now i see. i download what you told me and deleted the folder i made and i tried to install i get the same thing but this time only there is a install log now fsuipc.dll. the install log reads the same thing.

Yes, you have a messed up FSX installation. you need to repair the SimConnect installation as described in the Announcement I mentioned.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

I just followed this thread here from the PC forum where it was originally posted. Sounds like a problem I had a while back - indeed I had a corrupt FSX installation and the only or best cure was to completely re-install FSX from the DVDs, then add all the patches and updates and install Acceleration from the DVD and then install addons like FSUIPC. That really worked for me.

Sounds very much like a corrupt FSX install to me too - I shan't even voice my other thoughts. :wink: