The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D, problems with the schedule

Stumpy

Hmmm, not too sure what going on with my schedules. Since I installed Real Traffic I hardly get any traffic at all now. With the traffic ramped up to 100% at LAX with a start time of 08:00 the first DEP I see is QXE2194 @ 09:05.....then nothing until AMX631 @ 09:31. According to the KLAX_schedule file I should have had 28 departures and 23 arrivals in that time frame but i got 2. It's actually busier at 50% then I get 4 dep, and 3 Arr. Anyone else seeing this? I have uninstalled Tower!3D and reinstalled it and it's no different. I have not altered any of the schedule timetables at all.

Unfortunately I can't attach the output file as it's too large, it's 119Kb and there is a limit of 20.48kb but down the bottom of the script of the Output file i see a lot of this between 09:05 & 09:31. Attached is just a small amount.

COMMAND: QXE2194 CLEARED FOR TAKEOFF
09:07:48 * QXE2194 =>   PARSE CMD:  CLEARED FOR TAKEOFF
09:07:48 * QXE2194 => SAY: CLEARED FOR TAKEOFF HORIZON AIR TWO ONE NINER FOUR
09:07:48 * QXE2194 => ADD HISTORY: QXE2194: CLEARED FOR TAKEOFF QXE2194
09:08:00 * CPZ5961 => NO FREE TERMINAL!
09:08:00 * DAL1414 => ***** no free terminal
09:09:00 * VRD1930 => ***** no free terminal
09:10:00 * UAL1578 => NO FREE TERMINAL!
09:10:00 * SKW5018 => NO FREE TERMINAL!
09:10:17 * QXE2194 => roadend!
09:10:17 * QXE2194 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_TO_RUNWAY to STATE_TAKEOFFUP
09:11:00 * DAL40 => NO FREE TERMINAL!
09:11:00 * CPZ5922 => ***** no free terminal
09:11:05 * QXE2194 => ADD HISTORY: QXE2194 Successful takeoff. +10 pts
09:11:05 * QXE2194 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_TAKEOFFUP to STATE_FLYAWAY

Stumpy

I never used the Real Traffic provided schedule, but instead chose to go straight back to using Dick Parker's schedule generator.  However, did you take a look at the klax_terminal.txt. file?  Be sure that all of the airlines included in the schedule are assigned terminals.  I had to do this manually to get Dick's schedules to work properly.  I do not know/recall what Nyerges put in their terminal file, but it is worth checking out.  Hope this helps.

Stumpy,

I concur. When starting at 08:00 with SP2 and Real Traffic I get 3 departures (9:05, 9:31, and 9:38) and 2 arrivals (9:35 and 9:52). The number of planes do pickup at 10:00 though.  The 9:00-10:00 may be just a slow period at KLAX. Or there is more to the klax_schedule.txt file than meets the eye

I recall Dick Parker making PDF traffic graphs for Tracon!2012. Maybe I'll try and do the same for Tower!3D and the three airports.

RickyJ

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question, there is much less traffic after installing Real Traffic in KLAX at 100%. Sometimes there are 5 departures and no arrivals, and then there is 30 to 45 minutes no traffic at all. Also when i set my traffic schedule at 12:00 it starts at 13.25? Also i wonder why my controller time isn't logged? Hope you can give me some support.

Thanx in advance, Gerard

For 3D, is the time local or UTC?

If real traffic reflects reality, between 9 and 10 local time you should see at least 50 departures and 50 arrivals (based on recent FlightAware data). If the time represented is UTC then that would be 2:00am in LA and, obviously, traffic would be minimal.

Craig

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

For 3D, is the time local or UTC?

If real traffic reflects reality, between 9 and 10 local time you should see at least 50 departures and 50 arrivals (based on recent FlightAware data). If the time represented is UTC then that would be 2:00am in LA and, obviously, traffic would be minimal.

Craig

Tower3D times are supposed to be local.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning, i have the same  problem as Avwriter and that i don't understand: i printed all 30 pages that Klax Scedule, and so, why if there are 46 flights that take off from Klax from 9.05 AM to 10:00 AM, in my simulation session i see and play only 3\4 take off??...all other 40 and more?...and 1\2 same for landing flights!!...same situation happens in other times of the day.....i don't understand...it's maybe a bug? What? Of course, the traffic is 100%.

I'm Italian and my Pc time (obvius) it's  Italy time ...I must change to Lax time????..Sorry, if can help me...Thank you to all:)

On behalf of stuch17 and stumpy, here is the log file and screenshot of the time-frame in question, which is I believe starting at 08:00 as selected on the Main Menu for KLAX. The actual start time ends up being 09:31 but the time stamp for the first departure is 18:05 in the "history window", but changes to 09:31 when told to taxi.

Personally I do no have a problem with the time differences or the amount of traffic at any given time since I am having too much fun with the sim to worry about such anomalies and dare I say be caviled, but I thought I could be of some assistance.

RickyJ

Oh yeah, running T!3D-SP2A, RC_T!3D, RT_T!3D-SP2 (not SP3, I need landing lights :)

game3.log

KLAX_schedule.jpg

Good morning, THANK YOU for your answers  and support!!...so this is my File.Log..same situation.. in homepage select 08.00 am (the sim start at 09.31! Why?)..and in 1h.11m of play time, 6 aircrafts take off ( 54 in Klax schedule RT SP3) and 5 aircrafts landing ( 47 in Klax scedule RT SP3)..

I hope help you to resolve this enigma:)

Sorry but i can't upload my file log...the sistem tell me only 20.48 kb!!...

Edited by stuch17

On 10/15/2016 at 3:35 PM, Deadeye31 said:

My sim is not starting at the correct time, either. usually about 45 minutes past the hour.

Folks,

I'm repeating myself; if there is no log we CAN'T DO ANYTHING. Soon we will remove any bugreports without log. I understand your frustration but please believe me we are busting our butt to give you the best possible software but without information we just can't. We really want to do it but please understand; if you go to a car mechanic without your car and you just tell him it wont accelerate he wont be able to help you. It's the same for us.

On 10/15/2016 at 11:55 AM, stuch17 said:

Good morning, THANK YOU for your answers  and support!!...so this is my File.Log..same situation.. in homepage select 08.00 am (the sim start at 09.31! Why?)..and in 1h.11m of play time, 6 aircrafts take off ( 54 in Klax schedule RT SP3) and 5 aircrafts landing ( 47 in Klax scedule RT SP3)..

I hope help you to resolve this enigma:)

Sorry but i can't upload my file log...the sistem tell me only 20.48 kb!!...

Please use yousendit, dropbox or any file share system. Without log we can't look into the problem.