The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 2011: Change runway exit

FS1TR

Two questions:

1)  I added the suggested cargo terminal at LAX south of runwy 25L. Cargo aircraft landing on 25L tend to exit to the right.  Is there a setting that wll make them exit left??

2) I forgot the second question.  Getting old is wonderful!

Gareth, I see that no one has really given you an answer.

On Tower 2011, the A/C will always turn off towards the area with the most gates.

What you need to do is look at all the gates, both commercial and GA & see where they are in relation to the runway(s).

Take HNL for an example, the passenger terminal are all on one side of 18L/26R. but the cargo & GA parking are on the other side. All A/C arriving flights turn right off 8L because that is where the majority of gates are.

To fix this, & it is not always ways easy at all airports, count the number of gates on each side of the runways & using airport editor delete some of the gates (especially GA gates) such that the number of gates on the side that you want the A/C to go to is greater than the other side. The flights will now turn towards the  side with the greater number of gates.

For HNL, i deleted a number of GA gates so that the pax gates exceeded the GA & cargo gates. now all pax flights turn towards the main terminal, also the cargo flights, but that is part of accepting the limitations of the program.

I hope that I have explained it reasonably well, if not, please sen another post.

Kev M

Brisbane

Australia

2011 simmer since 2011

• 2 years later...
On Sun Oct 09 2016 at 1:00 PM, 707FAN said:

Gareth, I see that no one has really given you an answer.

On Tower 2011, the A/C will always turn off towards the area with the most gates.

What you need to do is look at all the gates, both commercial and GA & see where they are in relation to the runway(s).

Take HNL for an example, the passenger terminal are all on one side of 18L/26R. but the cargo & GA parking are on the other side. All A/C arriving flights turn right off 8L because that is where the majority of gates are.

To fix this, & it is not always ways easy at all airports, count the number of gates on each side of the runways & using airport editor delete some of the gates (especially GA gates) such that the number of gates on the side that you want the A/C to go to is greater than the other side. The flights will now turn towards the  side with the greater number of gates.

For HNL, i deleted a number of GA gates so that the pax gates exceeded the GA & cargo gates. now all pax flights turn towards the main terminal, also the cargo flights, but that is part of accepting the limitations of the program.

I hope that I have explained it reasonably well, if not, please sen another post.

Kev M

Brisbane

Australia

2011 simmer since 2011

so how to fix this problem without edit anything?

any command can change the runway  exit?

thank you. 

Edited by Dan1994

Dan

This had me scratching my head a bit. I have the tower 2011 manual but it is too big to attach even zipped and can not find any command to specify a particular taxiway or direction to vacate the runway. I think that is why I had to delete bays on the wrong side of the runway to get the A/C to turn towards the terminal at some A/p,s. I don't know if the speech files can be amended as in Tower 3D but perhaps others might be able to help there.  When tower 3D came along I virtually abandoned Tower 2011.  Do you have the 2011 manual?

Sorry if I am not a great deal of help.

Kev M