The simFlight Network Forums

ANNOUNCING KSAN FOR TOWER!3D AND REAL COLOR FOR KSAN

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

The waiting is over :)
We just released KSAN for Tower!3D supported by Nyerges Design's Real Color. Please note you need to update your Real Traffic to make it work with KSAN. It's a free update you can obtain it in the usual way by re-downloading your product.

One important note: I strongly recommend using runway 27 (I know this is not the usual layout, I spent so much time on this airport) due to it's layout. If you instruct the planes to land on RWY9 they will exit at places where the outgoing ground traffic is blocked. It will be different on Tower!3D where you can ask the landing planes to exit at any taxiways but until T!3DP please use RWY27.

Vic

28 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

One important note: I strongly recommend using runway 27 (I know this is not the usual layout, I spent so much time on this airport) due to it's layout. If you instruct the planes to land on RWY9 they will exit at places where the outgoing ground traffic is blocked. It will be different on Tower!3D where you can ask the landing planes to exit at any taxiways but until T!3DP please use RWY27.

Vic

Looking at the screenshots on the main page (have not bought it yet), the tower appears to be centered right over the runway, instead of across the runway from the terminal, where it is in real life.  Is this just an illusion brought on by having the view zoomed in all the way, or did you deliberately place the tower view there?

Take a look at the screenshots on the feelthere website, and let me know what you think. I know screenshots can be deceiving.  It may even be that the screenshots were taken using a developer tool, and are from a different position that where the view is in the game.  Looking more lcosely, I can see that shots are taken from a couple of different positions.  If Vic, or someone who has already bought it, can clarify the situation, it would be helpful.

5 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

Take a look at the screenshots on the feelthere website, and let me know what you think. I know screenshots can be deceiving.  It may even be that the screenshots were taken using a developer tool, and are from a different position that where the view is in the game.  Looking more lcosely, I can see that shots are taken from a couple of different positions.  If Vic, or someone who has already bought it, can clarify the situation, it would be helpful.

looks like they moved the camera around for the purpose of taking pictures

The tower in 3D is just across the road from the front doors of terminal 2 east not north of the runway between the north ramp and the air cargo ramp as at the actual airport. Unless there is a new tower since I was last at KSAN, it seems Vic has moved it for a reason as yet unexplained. It doesn't stop the fun though!

Gentlemen,

I admit I'm the one to blame. During testing we moved the view to better understand some gate problems and we simply left it as it is. It's embarrassing and I apologize for it. Naturally it will be fixed by the first SP for KSAN if it's not needed then we will issue an SP for this error.

Thank you for noting it and once again we are sorry

Vic