The simFlight Network Forums

Could we get a progress report on T3DPro

Avwriter

Perhaps I am wrong here but does anyone even care about or would ever use a multiplayer feature? Why spend time and effort on that? :) I might be wrong here and if so I apologize but it's not a feature I personally would ever use. Moving a window to a second monitor I see useful naturally but multiplayer?

Mike  

Thank you VIc, for letting us know.  Now I know that I do not have to spend my own holiday clicking the refresh button on the forum :-)    Take your time and get it right.  In the meantime, be sure to get yourself some rest and fun over the holidays.  It amazes me how quickly problems sometimes get solved after giving your mind a rest, and catching up on sleep.   Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

Andrew

Personally I would not mind buying an early release product, even if it did not have multi-player or multi-monitor.  After all these years (16 that I can remember, the pre Tower days) I think you can trust these people to not leave us stranded without a hot-fix or update.  However, I can also see the hesitancy in releasing an un-finished product, there tends to be a lot of whining at times and I do not mean the fermented grape juice kind. Maybe special non-disclosure statements with invitations could be sent to a select few.

At any rate, I hope the following covers our global community.
RickyJ

happy-chrismahanukwanzakah.jpg

The multi-player element is not near the top of my desires for Pro but I will not dismiss it as quickly as others may have done as I simply do not have enough information. It might turn out to be a great facet of the simulation but my problem is that I cannot picture how it would work to provide both (or more?) players with a satisfying result. Is it a controller for each runway? Is it a controller each for ramp, ground & tower? If Vic could spare a moment to explain a little about why this element was deemed necessary and how (in broad terms) it will work then I am all ears.

New to the forum, love Tower3d and I check regularly for updates to the pro version. Just wanted to throw in my two cents. I am unlikely to use a multiplayer feature, I will probably try out the multi monitor feature, and I would be delighted to purchase a pre-release beta version, regardless of any faults- knowing it is pre-release and faults are to be expected. That's all from me... oh, and... please please please please please -Haha... I know.. I'm being selfish- take your time. I'll be quiet now.

Dear Vic and company,
There are still a lot of holidays left in January http://www.officeholidays.com/2017/01.php and I am sure just as many in February and March, so your statement that T3DPro will be released by the holidays still has a ring of truth.

"Like your work, love your wife."
          Del Griffith - Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987)

RickyJ

• Upvote 1