The simFlight Network Forums

Assign TOGA Button for VRInsight MCP II for FSLabs A320

24 minutes ago, kikogarciam said:

I would like to assign the button TOGA, CLIMB and FLEX in my VRInsight MCP II when I move the throttle to TOGA or CLIMB or FLEX position for the FSLabs A320. Is that possible through FSUIPC?

Sorry, that's a bit confused. Do you want the throttle to change modes for you, or buttons on the MCP? 

With the throttle, if you assign in FSUIPC, you can define zones of movement in which controls can be assigned. This is done on the right hand side of the assignments tab. You would need to find out how to configure thos for yor particular aircraft. Doesn't the A320 automatically select modes according to throttle position?

If you assign to buttons on the MCP, just assign them as you need, assuming FSUIPC sees those buttons.

Pete

12 minutes ago, kikogarciam said:

I want to push a button in MCP and the action should be change the throttle mode to TOGA, CLIMB or FLEX.

So, can you assign controls to the button? Are their such assignable controls supported by the aircraft, or do you need to set throttle levels to do that? If the latter you can set a throttle level by using AXIS THROTTLE SET with an appropriate parameter (-16384 is zero, +16383 is 100%).

If you want to do it through sequential button presses you'd use the Flag setting control as well, and the flag testing. Two button flags would do the job for 3 different actions.

This sort of multiple assignment to one button has to be done by editing the FSUIPC4.INI file, and is described in the Advanced User manual.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

So, can you assign controls to the button? Are their such assignable controls supported by the aircraft, or do you need to set throttle levels to do that? If the latter you can set a throttle level by using AXIS THROTTLE SET with an appropriate parameter (-16384 is zero, +16383 is 100%).

A - If I set the throttle level with the appropriate parameter, how do I know the exact value, since I have in the FSUIPC window in modal format, I cannot see the the mark in the throttle where the TOGA is. Did I explain myself?

If you want to do it through sequential button presses you'd use the Flag setting control as well, and the flag testing. Two button flags would do the job for 3 different actions.

This sort of multiple assignment to one button has to be done by editing the FSUIPC4.INI file, and is described in the Advanced User manual.

Pete

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I don't think the view of the graphic position of a throttle lever would be that good in any case. 

Just move your real throttle to engage the mode and look in the FSUIPC CALIBRATION tab to get the OUT value.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Ok I got the values for the different positions, CLIMB, FLEX and TOGA. Now how I program a button to make it push and go to those position?

Thanks

Kiko

1 hour ago, kikogarciam said:

Ok I got the values for the different positions, CLIMB, FLEX and TOGA. Now how I program a button to make it push and go to those position?

3 buttons, or one button?

For just one you can do it in one of three ways:

1. Adapt the Lua plug-in provided in your FSUIPC Documents folder called "tripleuse" so that a single press sends one of those, a double press sends another, and a single long press sends the third.

2. If that's not quite what you had in mind, if can use button flags. But this is complicated when you want 3 conditions (much easier when it is just a choice of 2). So , instead, move on to:

3. Select a free user offset, like the Byte at 66C0.  You'll need the three assignments to the same button, one for each of your three values, but each with an offset condition 66C0=n. with n going 0, 1, 2. There's an example of this in the Advanced User's guide, on page 20 or so (search for B66C0=0). That example uses a different button to make the selection between 4 assignments, but you can do it with one button only by moving the first line (the one with the offset cyclic increment code in it) to the end and changing it to the same button. Of course, for cycling 0-2 instead of 3 you change that x00030001 in the parameters to x00020001

Pete

35 minutes ago, kikogarciam said:

I understand I have to unzip it modified as required and then put the file in what path to make it work?

Yes. Change the joystick + button numbers to the one you want, and the controls it sends to the ones you want, maybe keystrokes? You'd place it into the FS Modules path and get it running by using an [Auto] section in the FSUIPC4.INI file, like

[Auto]
1=Lua TripleUse

If you use Profiles and only want it running for certain aircraft, just make the section 

[Auto.<profile name>]

You should really read up about plug-ins in the Lua document included. You'll find plug-ins useful for many things.

Pete

5 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes. Change the joystick + button numbers to the one you want, and the controls it sends to the ones you want, maybe keystrokes? You'd place it into the FS Modules path and get it running by using an [Auto] section in the FSUIPC4.INI file, like

[Auto]
1=Lua TripleUse

If you use Profiles and only want it running for certain aircraft, just make the section 

[Auto.<profile name>]

You should really read up about plug-ins in the Lua document included. You'll find plug-ins useful for many things.

Pete

Thanks. Will try and will come to you with success and no success.

Kiko