The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 reg not working

23 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

Sorry Pete, But I hope these are the files you are looking for.

FSUIPC5.DLL

FSUIPC5.ini

The INI file is one. but the DLL is the program itself, which of course I have already -- I wrote it!!!

The most important file is still not being supplied. if an INI file exists then a LOG will exist too: FSUIPC5.LOG. Why  can you not supply that?

The INI file is just the default. So it is fine. No, please, the LOG!!!

Pete

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Well I should of copied over the entire folder to start off. It looks like I found it. Again Sorry Pete. :( 

No need to copy the whole folder!

The install log file show you refused to Register, the only place where you can register, Registration dialog 'not now' selected. Just rerun the installer and at the end register with your details. Then please update to the current interim version FSUIPC5101a_TEST.zip , copy and paste the files of the Zip file into \Modules\ (the .dll file) and the pdf file into \Modules\Documents\ folder and check if the registration worked correct.

Thomas

When I install FSUIPC5 into P3Dv4, and enter my Registration. Then try to run P3Dv4 it shuts down.

Then I un-install FSUIPC5. and run P3Dv4 it runs fine.

Then I install FSUIPC5 into P3Dv4 and when it asks to Register and I click NOT NOW. It installs the unregistered version of FSUIPC5 and P3Dv4 run's fine.

20 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

When I install FSUIPC5 into P3Dv4, and enter my Registration. Then try to run P3Dv4 it shuts down.

Then I un-install FSUIPC5. and run P3Dv4 it runs fine.

Then I install FSUIPC5 into P3Dv4 and when it asks to Register and I click NOT NOW. It installs the unregistered version of FSUIPC5 and P3Dv4 run's fine.

Same issue for me why are we the only two with this problem is what I'd like to know 

1 hour ago, grapeno1 said:

It still would not run. attached is the log file again.

FSUIPC5.log

Ah, now that log IS different. Your earlier log was NOT from a crashed P3D. This new log terminates early on, after a very very short Joystick scan:

93 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
       93 Product= <not readable at this time: maybe device disconnected?>
       93    Vendor=8087, Product=0A1E (Version 2.0)
       93 -------------------------------------------------------------------

What joystick type devices do you have connected?  

Once I have narrowed down the place where it stops I can add more detailed logging ot identidy it exactly. It's an iterative process and I need your help. 

I am still hoping for corroborative log information from Navigation!

15 minutes ago, Navigation said:

I've tried everything I'm out of options I've shut down my antivirus, did a clean install of V4 and it's still not working guess I'll just leave the free version installed and hopefully a fix comes soon

It certainly won't be very soon at all unless you help. Where's your LOG and INI files with 5.101a?

The process of nailing this will be me getting information from you then asking you to try things. If nobody is going to help it won't get fixed. i cannot fix things here without help when there's no problem here. And as you say, there seems to just the two of you!

Thanks,

Pete

19 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Ah, now that log IS different. Your earlier log was NOT from a crashed P3D. This new log terminates early on, after a very very short Joystick scan:

Once I have narrowed down the place where it stops I can add more detailed logging ot identidy it exactly. It's an iterative process and I need your help. 

It certainly won't be very soon at all unless you help. Where's your LOG and INI files with 5.101a?

The process of nailing this will be me getting information from you then asking you to try things. If nobody is going to help it won't get fixed. i cannot fix things here without help when there's no problem here. And as you say, there seems to just the two of you!

Thanks,

Pete

I won't get to post mine until later today but I will as soon as I can Pete

3 minutes ago, Navigation said:
42 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

I dont know, and Pete has to deal with me and I dont know anything about computer files.

3 minutes ago, Navigation said:
42 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

I dont know, and Pete has to deal with me and I dont know anything about computer files.

What type of Joystick do you have I have the Thrustmaster hotas X

Just now, grapeno1 said:

I dont have a joystick installed, never had one on this pc.

Okay, good. That explains the short Joystick Scan. I wonder, though, what the device with this data is:

Vendor=8087, Product=0A1E (Version 2.0)

This must somehow have shown up as a Joystick Type device in DirectInput. I could do with a HidScanner log please. Get HidScanner.exe from the "Useful Additional Programs" thread in "Download Links" subforum, put it on the desktop, double click it, then show me the Log it produces.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

Well by the look of it, Its the wireless keyboard.

Yes, but strangely, as well as being listed as a Keyboard, following the entry which states that, there are listed 8 or 9 other uses with the same identification. One of those looks like a joystick type to directinput, somehow (though I don't see how or why).

Strange. Never seen anything like that. I doubt that it's related to the problem, but if you have simple wired keyboard you could substitude temporarily it would be a useful test.

Pete

7 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

Ok I disconnected the keyboard and the mouse. both wireless. restarted my pc. reinstalled F5 and still no good.

attached are the two new files

I see you are still using the original release of FSUIPC, from last Thursday. 5.10. It might be a good idea to at least change to 5.101. I'm working on 5.102.

2 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

Im not sure this will matter. but attached is the P3Dv3 log file. it was working with the old verison.

Oh deal. you are using 4.964, a pretty old one, on P3D3. The joystick scanning is completely differnt in that one. The equivalent to FSUIPC5.1 is 4.967, the currently suppoted version.

Please try not to use unsupported versions.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Thanks,

Pete

Ok I'm off work now so as soon as I get home and get my PC fired up I'll post my files another hour before I get to post