The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 and Prosim 1.49 test

Hi Pete,

as mentioned yesterday in the Prosim Forum I had only problems with the Autoflight.

Today I tested as recommended by you again with V 5.1.0.107 Productversion 5.101g and it was a full success!

I did a short flight and all my harware including CPFlight MCP worked flawless! I did a full Autoland and it worked well.

I did the IPC log, but I think it became to large to upload or send it to you. Even zipped it is about 25MB

Anyway I´m quite happy as I can start using P3Dv4 with my home cockpit.!

Thank you very much indeed!

Just in case you need it my system is WIN7 64bit prof on all my machines in the network. Prosim is working without any laggs or stuttering.

Maybe people who are running their setups on W10 machines have the problems with Prosim not working properly...I can luckely say I have no problems at all!

Regards

Holi

1 hour ago, holi said:

Today I tested as recommended by you again with V 5.1.0.107 Productversion 5.101g and it was a full success!

I did a short flight and all my harware including CPFlight MCP worked flawless! I did a full Autoland and it worked well.

Great news! Thank you. I was about to try to revive my cockpit and test it there, but one of the PC's I use (the one actually running ProSim737.exe) crashed before I went on holiday, and although I have a replacement for it that has not been set up yet. I hope to have it up and running over the weekend in any case.

Can you post this news in the Prosim forum please (including, if you like, the stuff about Win10, just in case -- I only have Win7 PCs for my systems).

FSUIPC5 is still progressing. 5.101j will be uploaded shortly with more fixes and facilities, but possibly none affecting ProSim.

Pete

Hi!

Today I had some time to test the current FSUIPC (5.101m) with P3DV4 and Prosim v1.50b35.

Prosim is running on the P3D-computer with Win10 installed (64Bit of course).

Unfortunately the "delays" are still there and it is the Prosim-application which is not responding (even the GUI is unusable during this times).

It's like 1s working then 1s delay - and so on.

Maybe there is some issue with a Win10-install because Holi reported it is working for him on Win7?

Marc

15 minutes ago, mischung said:

Prosim is running on the P3D-computer with Win10 installed (64Bit of course).

Unfortunately the "delays" are still there and it is the Prosim-application which is not responding (even the GUI is unusable during this times).

Apparently (and I didn't know this til earlier) ProSim737.EXE uses Simconnect and is bound to the FSX RTM (note RTM, the very first!) Managed SimConnect build.

It seems this is not compatible with P3D4. I don't know why, but not no doubt ProSim's authors will check and report in due course, though last time I looked they appeared to be pretty well writing P3D4 off until "August/September" when thery hoped to have converted the whole project to Simconnect (?).

I normally run the ProSim EXE on a Networked PC, but that PC crashed before I went on holiday three weeks ago, and I've yet to install its replacement. When I do, I will be trying it over the Network in my normal way, with the hope that this method works. I know that other SimConnect-using applications do work with P3D4 this way, so there's a good chance.

As it is you need to post pleas for a fix on the ProSim forums, because I am pretty sure the ProSimMCP interface (which does use FSUIPC5) is okay with the recent updates to FSUIPC5.

Pete

But Pete,

why is it running fine in my setup?

i have the Simmconnect FSX SP2 installed and it works!

it is very strange indeed, I mean, I'm quite happy that Prosim is functioning well in my Setup , but it seems to be that I'm the only one......

36 minutes ago, holi said:

why is it running fine in my setup?

i have the Simmconnect FSX SP2 installed and it works!

Good. And you have ProSim737.exe running on the same PC as P3D4?

That would be double puzzlinf. i have RTM, SP1 and SP2/ACC versions installed, yet I still  get ProSim's EXE failing.

Have you checked the Prosim737.exe log file?

Pete

19 minutes ago, holi said:

I can check the log file tomorrow, if you wish I can upload it for you....

No. no need. Just look at it. If it is full of SimConnect related errors then it is the same as for everyone else. How it then doesn't affect the flight is then a mystery.

Maybe it's some differencein the SimConnect.xml file(s). Can you search for these?  Is there one in the ProSim folder? There might be one in you user AppData folder for P3d4. If you can check, and maybe show any such and where they are it might help others. It could be something to do with the method used by the SimConnect library to communicate.

Do you know if you have all SimConnect versions installed, or only the FSX SP2 one? (The FSUIPC4 Install log will show what is installed).

Pete

2 minutes ago, holi said:

see attached my simconnects installed to my computer and the simconnect.xml

Maybe you give it a try .....

SimConnect.xml

Yes, I will, but I may not have time before I depart on Wednesday morning for a week's holiday. (Boy, do I need it!).

Thanks.

Have you posted this on the ProSim forum?

Pete