The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC / WideFS Prosim on second Computer

Hello Thomas,

I have already done this. Thank you nevertheless for the info.

I have the feeling it is a sound error of P3D.

The begins to stutter and suddenly nothing goes. Even more times the taskmanager and the Taskleoste can then be called. This is very funny. Also the ATC sound does not run over the headphones, although this was on and asusselected.

Regards

Urs

Hi,

make sure you sue latest video driver and also check your sound card driver. Also I would then first try a standard scenario, only normal speaker output and a default aircraft, then running a session.

It might also help if you copy and paste the FSUIPC.log file and the crash.log from Windows (Event Viewer, Ereignisanzeige).

Thomas

Hello Thomas

I've just had a strange crash. I was on a flight and suddenly something happened and the plane flew into a dive and the picture stopped. And then again I could not call a Taskleiste and Taskmanager more.

Everything should be up to date with the drivers.

A Crash.log does not give it.

I have added the files.

regards

Urs

WideClient.log

WideClient0.log

FSUIPC5.log

WideServer.log

WideServer0.log

4 hours ago, Ursli80 said:

I've just had a strange crash. I was on a flight and suddenly something happened and the plane flew into a dive and the picture stopped. And then again I could not call a Taskleiste and Taskmanager more.

And why do you think FSUIPC and WideFS logs would be any good? There is nothing to indicate they were anyway involved.

There is one odd thing. Yiu ServerPC si this, correct?

Date (dmy): 30/06/17, Time 19:26:26.215: Server name is FLUGSIMULATOR

According to the Client log, which srts over 16 minutes earlier (or atre your sysm clocks different?), the IP address of that server is 10.0.0.2::

Date (dmy): 30/06/17, Time 19:09:56.300: Client name is BOEINGSYSTEM
       78 LUA: "F:\Wide FS\WideFS6999z4\Initial.LUA": not found
      109 Attempting to connect now
      109 Trying to locate server: Protocol not yet decided
      109 Failed to connect: waiting to try again
     1109 Attempting to connect now
     2109 Server = FLUGSIMULATOR
     2312 Trying TCP/IP host "FLUGSIMULATOR" port 8002 ...
     2312 ... Okay, IP Address = 10.0.0.2

2312 Connection made okay!
     8406 New Client Application: "Prosim737" (Id=7020)
    13234 New Client Application: "ProsimMCP" (Id=6996)
    15953 New Client Application: "CFY_TQ Console" (Id=4740)
    22187 New Client Application: "sioc" (Id=5116)

and the session actually fully launched a few seconds later (8 to be exact), still 16 minutes earlier.

That session continued to a normal "shutdown" request was received from the Server, here:

646328 Received shutdown offset code = ADBC
   646328 FS closing down (param=ADBC), disconnecting

in other works, 10 minutes later. So that represents a good session before the Server log starts. Which is fine. WideClient wasn't closed, but presumably also the ProSim and other programs were not closed either.

That's not a good idea. If you restart the Sim it is always best to restart any client applications if yoy want to avoid trouble.

That second session seemed to have great difficulty.  Naturallty there's the period before the server was ready, and WideClient continued t try to connect using IP address 10.0.0.2:

653984 Trying TCP/IP host "FLUGSIMULATOR" port 8002 ...
   653984 ... Okay, IP Address = 10.0.0.2
   655015 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused

but moving on to 16 minutes from the start, to match the Server log start (millisecond count of over 960000), by the time it thinks it successfully connected::

1005968 Server = FLUGSIMULATOR
  1005968 Trying TCP/IP host "FLUGSIMULATOR" port 8002 ...
  1005968 ... Okay, IP Address = 10.0.0.2
  1006984 Connection made okay!
  2544406 New Client Application: "Whisky" (Id=3296)

the first application it loads automatically is "Whisky". How is this possible when it didn't attempt to do that above? In the same session of WideClient, it cannot change the parameters.

It then proceeds to get into communications difficulties again, as if the Server has closed or crashed. That was less than 3 minutes later, which doesn't match the Server log at all.

However, all the above pales into insignificance compared to the last weird inconsistency:

4556843 Server = FLUGSIMULATOR
  4556843 Trying TCP/IP host "FLUGSIMULATOR" port 8002 ...
  4556843 ... Okay, IP Address = 10.0.0.2
  4556859 Connection made okay!
  4575062 Timed out response: connection assumed lost!
  4575062 Ready to try connection again
  4575125 Timed out response: connection assumed lost!
  4576078 Attempting to connect now
  4576078 Server = FLUGSIMULATOR
  4578328 Trying TCP/IP host "FLUGSIMULATOR" port 8002 ...
  4578328 ... Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.153
  4578328 Connection made okay!

How does the Server's IP address suddenly, in the space of 22 seconds, change from 10.0.0.2 to 192.168.1.163, not even on the same network!?

I don't know how that can happen, but it does indicate something very odd indeed with your Network. Have you got more than one connection between the two PCs? If so that is definitely NOT a good idea, especially if you expect ProSim software to be able to control the sim in any meaningful way. 

Also, to stop Windows supplying the IP address out of its own references it might be a lot better for you to use the ServerIPAddr and Protocol parameters in the Client INI file to set it yourself.

The FSUIPC log is not relevant to this, and none of the logs are at all relevant to your server PPC crash. You'll need to look elsewhere for the answer to that.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Sorry for my late reply, but today the cockpit was still slightly modified.

I have never suspected the FSUIPC or WIDEFS causing the crashes Pete, fals this was so I'm very sorry.

I do not know exactly where the error is Pete. Today, it was suddenly a picture, but the sound was quite normal. Previously, a stall of the simulator was noticed.

All watches run right on the computer. I only change to ZuluTime in the Simulatot

No this IP I have not entered.
I am using 192.168.1.153 and 192.168.1.156
The port I left extra standard.

I have really a few times only the Simulator and WideFS geschtaret to see if a connection comes.

Whyski is my Kompas. But why this was tried to start automatically I do not know. I have never entered a command to start this automatically.

I must confess in the act I have 2 networks pete once over lan cable and once over wlan.
This for the following reason. The Internet I have to cover both computers over Wlan.
Both computers are connected via a switch.
Wlan network I have set up to use on my tablet the Prosim Instruktiorstaion. And I must also have on the flight simulator because of the Aivlasoft EFB since the provider must be on the simulator PC.

How exactly should I proceed now Pete?

The with the wireless network I must forget. Just ask me how I have to do this with the EFB and the instructor station.

Can I run the EFB on my next computer and then only connect this by Wlan?

I'm just about to reinstall my flight simulator again, but will certainly not integrate it into the Wlan network.

The with the wireless network I must forget. Just ask me how I have to do this with the EFB and the instructor station.

I'm just about to reinstall my flight simulator again, but will certainly not integrate it into the Wlan network.

Best regards

Urs

8 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

No this IP I have not entered.
I am using 192.168.1.153 and 192.168.1.156
The port I left extra standard.

So where is 10.0.0.2 coming from, as Windows itself is most certainly usually returning this as the IP address of "FLUGSIMULATOR"!  Something makes it think that! Not only that, but a good connection is made with that, for a while!

11 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

I must confess in the act I have 2 networks pete once over lan cable and once over wlan.
This for the following reason. The Internet I have to cover both computers over Wlan.
Both computers are connected via a switch.

There's no need for the latter. If both computers connect to your Internet route, you should NOT have another connection. Or, if there are insufficient connections on the router, connect the switch to the router and both computers to the switch. It is simply a very bad idea to have two LANs! The Wireless side will connect ot the same network on the router if that is where you have wireless enabled.

If you only have wireless on one of the PCs then you have a very poor router.

16 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

The main thing to do is sort out your crazy networking.

17 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

I don't think Aivlasoft's EFB currently uses WideFs in any case, so I don't know.  You'll need to ask on their site. As for WideFS I'd strongly advise againste ever using it on a Wireless link.

21 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

just about to reinstall my flight simulator again

Sorry, I'm not sure that's relevant. I assume that is for some other reason?

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thank you very much for the very fast response.

Then I have a problem now.

Unfortunately, I can not connect my switch to my Internet router.
This would otherwise have a 80-meter-long cable or more.

So I need to get the internet for both computers via Wlan.

Now my question, if I have both computers by Lankabel over the switch in the network running and the computers over Wlan the Internet refer, is this a problem? I would not set up another network over WLan. It is only because the two computers have access to the Internet.

No I just make a new computer, because of the crashes of the P3D v4.

As I said, I believe the problem exists there with the P3D and not FSUIPC or WideFS.

Sorry, the many questions, but I am with the whole network stories still very early.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Best regards

Urs

7 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

Unfortunately, I can not connect my switch to my Internet router.
This would otherwise have a 80-meter-long cable or more.

So I need to get the internet for both computers via Wlan.

That's really a big ouch!.

Why not change the switch for a router with WLAN and simply only enable its Internet connection?

Why is the connection between the two computers not direct rather than going to a switch?

Anyway, have you tried specifying the IP address explicitly as I said earlier? Then WideFS wouldn't case about the other LAN.

Pete

Yes this is not optimal now is also clear to me.

But I live in a very old house and unfortunately it has not changed.

I have the two computers not directly connected to each other, weill I have various hardware which also use Ethernet.

On the switch I have my two computers, the Sismo MIP, as well as AFT and the TQ.
The switch is not connected to the Internet Pete.

The Internet I refer via USB WLan embroidery respectively per computer.

I am of the opinion I had fixed the IP.
Here is a picture of the Ethernet configuration.

Un in the and in the Wideclienet.ini, I am of the opinion that I had there under servername my IP eigegeben had.
The dan looked about like this:
[Config]
Server Name = 198.168.1.153
Protocol = UDP
Port = 8002

Now, I think straight out that I have installed FSUIPC 5.103 with the update 5.103b
Then I could have forgotten to insert these again Pete.

This could really be still.

regards

Urs

Ethernt.PNG

Hi Urs,

58 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

Un in the and in the Wideclienet.ini, I am of the opinion that I had there under servername my IP eigegeben had.
The dan looked about like this:
[Config]
Server Name = 198.168.1.153
Protocol = UDP
Port = 8002

First, there is never a space (Leerzeichen) used, means it would be ServerName instead. But when ServerName= is used then you need to use a name and not the IP-Address !

So by using the IP-Address your entry in the INI file is then:

ServerIPAddr=198.168.1.153

Picture: Make sure you use for all connected PC's the same Subnetzmaske (in your case 255.255.255.0)and the same first three numbers of the IP-Adresse (192.168.1.xxx).  Also take care all PC's are in the same Netzwrkgruppe (name).

Thomas

1 hour ago, Ursli80 said:

On the switch I have my two computers, the Sismo MIP, as well as AFT and the TQ.
The switch is not connected to the Internet Pete.

Yes, i undestood that. I was only suggesting replacing it with a router cofigured as a ifI externderwith it's WifI connected to the Internet. then you only have one network.

Anyway, please follow Thomas's correction (which information is also as documented in the WideFS documentation, by the way).

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Pete and Thomas

I would like to inform you about the state of affairs.

Unfortunately, it took some time until I could exclude the addons error, as well as it just allowed my time to test.

I have in WideFS now my IP entered. As you are.

Furthermore, I have set up on both computers a network over Wlan. However, the prosim and the flight simulator computer not connected to each other.

I have on the Tablet I now logged into every network.

And so the whole seems now to work without problems.

I fly today from LOWI to LIRA and LGKR to LGSM without any problems that the P3D has hung up or problems with FSUIPC were noticed.

I would like to sincerely thank you again for your help and patience.

Best regards
Urs