The simFlight Network Forums

P3DV4 black screen.

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, jbustamante said:

I have the same problem, how do you fix this?

Please explain the exact problem, because you posted a completely different problem where there is no black screen in a different post.

I need more details in any case -- FSUIPC version 9if not 5.113, use that first), FSUIPC5.LOg, details of oyther add=ons, Windows Event viewers if any entries there correspond.

Depending where in the load sequence P3D reached, it could be any one of a number of corrupt files being loaded by SimConnect.

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hi Pete,

I have same/similar problem with the latest version of fsuipc (5.121b) under p3dv4.1

I just have installed it and the p3d after starting it goes to black screen. By pressing ESC I can bring up the Scenario menu, but in the menu it does CTD. When I remove fsuipc from the modules folder then p3d starts normally. Previous version was working with no problem.

I have other addons starting with p3d; UTLive and ChasePlane, Navigraph Simlink starts with PC startup already.

The log file is attached.

Tibor

FSUIPC5.log

1 hour ago, Tibor said:

I just have installed it and the p3d after starting it goes to black screen. By pressing ESC I can bring up the Scenario menu, but in the menu it does CTD. When I remove fsuipc from the modules folder then p3d starts normally. Previous version was working with no problem.

Previous version of what? FSUIPC? The difference between 5.121 and 5.121b is negligible except in the two small option areas it addressed, and a problem with one of those was fixed in 5.121c.

Are you using P3D version 4.1? If not, please update. then download FSUIPC 5.122.

Pete

14 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Previous version of what? FSUIPC? The difference between 5.121 and 5.121b is negligible except in the two small option areas it addressed, and a problem with one of those was fixed in 5.121c.

Are you using P3D version 4.1? If not, please update. then download FSUIPC 5.122.

Pete

My bad....for some reason I had in mind I have the latest version of p3d client, but I have not. Now I have updated the client and everything runs fine.

Thanks for your fast reply!

Tibor

• 3 years later...

I purchased a registered copy of FSUIPC v6.0.10 yesterday and intend to run it with Prepar3d v4.4.14. 

However so far I have been unable to get it to run correctly. When I launch FSUIPC it turns Prepar3d black. When I close FSUIPC Prepar3d continues to run correctly. This is very frustrating  and I'm hoping someone here might be able to tell me what I am doing wrong and if I'm not do anything wrong what the fix for the issue is.

Many thanks

19 minutes ago, Gary_B said:

When I launch FSUIPC it turns Prepar3d black.

This is expected. Why is this frustrating? If you have FSUIPC open, you do not need to access P3D.

FSUIPC blocks visibility of your devices (all controllers including keyboard and mouse) while it is active so that you can assign to these without them having an effect on the sim.

John