The simFlight Network Forums

How do you Create Mouse Macro in version 5.103

In previous version I could make a mouse macro by clicking on the Buttons+Switches tab and then clicking on Create Mouse Macro.  I have looked for it in the latest version but I can't find it.  Can you help me out, please?  I need to create some mouse macros for use with the latest PMDG 737NGX for P3DV4.

Sorry to sound like a dummy, but I just can't see it.

Father Dane

1 hour ago, FatherDane said:

In previous version I could make a mouse macro by clicking on the Buttons+Switches tab and then clicking on Create Mouse Macro.  I have looked for it in the latest version but I can't find it.  Can you help me out, please?

As stated in at least one of the documents supplied with FSUIPC5, mouse macros are not supported in P3Dv4. they may well be one day, but certainly not for some time. They depend on facilities from L-M being implemented. They've been requested and are "under consideration".

1 hour ago, FatherDane said:

I need to create some mouse macros for use with the latest PMDG 737NGX for P3DV4.

Why? That's one of the aircraft you certainly DON'T need mouse macros for! It comes with a complete set of custom controls to operate every switch in the cockpit. See the list in the .h file in the aircraft SDK, installed when you install the aircraft.

Pete

Hello there

Sorry, I forgot that.  As I said, I am a bit of a dummy at this.  Thank God my name is automatic on this forum otherwise I really would be in trouble!

Seriously, what I am trying to do is assign a button on a yoke to a switch on a PMDG 737NGX panel.  My MIP is arranged on some touch-screen monitors and I use a panel-only setup.  The aft overhead is also placed on a part of the screen in front of me so I can switch on the IRS. I discovered that I cannot use touch to activate the IRS switch - it will only turn off and not on.  Of course I can use the mouse to switch first one way and then the other, but as I had some spare buttons available on a yoke is use for a tiller, I wanted to be lazy.  So my project is to assign the IRS switch to a button (one to the left IRS and another to the right IRS).  I also wanted to assign another button to the RTO switch which also switches off by touching the screen but not on.  It's just one of those peculiarities of PMDG and their panels.  I will have a look at the .H file and see if I can make sense of it, but that is what I want to try and do.  When using FSUIPC4, I solved it with mouse macros.  But as that is not an option in FSUIPC5 (and P3DV4) then I need a workaround.

Having said all that, will I be able to do it?  Or, is there a simpler solution that comes to your mind that I can use?

Thank you for responding

Best wishes

Father Dane

6 minutes ago, FatherDane said:

I will have a look at the .H file and see if I can make sense of it, but that is what I want to try and do.  When using FSUIPC4, I solved it with mouse macros. 

Custom controls are the way. PMDG went out of their way to provide a really comprehensive set of facilities both for cockpit control inputs and display and indicator outputs.  It's a shame to even contemplate using something a crude as mouse macros, which are, after all, a hack direct into code which changes as software is developed.

Pete

• 3 months later...

Hi Pete,

today now completely happy in my p3d v4 and I know that there is no longer possible the created macro function. Unfortunately, my maddog recognizes only 90% of macro offsets. This is a drama for me because with the new release of the maddog from here at the end of the year I could not even upgrade my cockpit.

Please do everything you can to make this fun again!

Simone