The simFlight Network Forums

Training My Voice

Micky14

I will play devil's advocate here and disagree with winsaudi. I actually think it is crucial for you to do this if you want a high level of recognition and less frustration using VR.

Go into Windows settings and then search for microphone and also voice recognition. If you haven't done it already, go through the motions of setting up your microphone in Windows. Then find "training" under voice recognition and do the exercises. They do really help with the computer recognizing your unique inflections and way of speaking.

As a matter of fact, I would recommend everyone here spend some time training the computer to better recognize how you speak. It really doesn't take more than a half hour, and will certainly improve the chance that Tower!3D Pro will be a good experience.

17 hours ago, Pdubya said:

I will play devil's advocate here and disagree with winsaudi. I actually think it is crucial for you to do this if you want a high level of recognition and less frustration using VR.

Hi Pdubya,

I didn't just make up my post, on February 24 FeelThere posted the following in another thread:

"According to our programmer .... teaching the speech is no longer required".  

Not wishing to disagree with the superstar that wrote the software, I didn't bother with the redundant training and I find the speech recognition in T3D Pro works superbly.

Wayne 

10 minutes ago, winsaudi said:

Hi Pdubya,

I didn't just make up my post, on February 24 FeelThere posted the following in another thread:

"According to our programmer .... teaching the speech is no longer required".  

Not wishing to disagree with the superstar that wrote the software, I didn't bother with the redundant training and I find the speech recognition in T3D Pro works superbly.

Wayne 

Ah... gotcha. I had not seen the thread. I suppose it can't actually hurt, particularly if you are not a native english speaker and told to use English (US) in the recognition software. That seems to be a bit of a problem if you think on it.

Appreciate the follow up Wayne.

8 hours ago, Pdubya said:

Ah... gotcha. I had not seen the thread. I suppose it can't actually hurt, particularly if you are not a native english speaker and told to use English (US) in the recognition software. That seems to be a bit of a problem if you think on it.

Appreciate the follow up Wayne.

So, I'm having some real issues still with my Tower 3D Pro voice recognition working...I've setup my voice recognition and I have this little tab pop up now whenever I turn on my computer which seems to be the voice recognition for the whole computer itself. However, still nothing is working in the game's voice recognition and when I go to settings to click "Test recog" or "test speech", nothing happens. How do I fix this and what is the process to fix it. Thanks in advance.

You've kinda hijacked your own thread (i.e., changed the subject) but I'll go ahead and give you a couple of suggestions since it looks like your Windows voice recognition is working. However, if you try them and they don't fix your problem then you need to post about your situation in the SPEECH ISSUE thread.

1) Make sure the status of your Windows voice recognition is "Off: Do not listen to anything I say"
2) Make sure to run tower3d.exe as admin

Good luck,
Craig