The simFlight Network Forums

Nyerges' Real Traffic

bcooley66

Please enlighten us bcooley66. Model/Design/Series?

Anyway, I believe what you are looking for is contained in the manifest files in the Airplanes and Texturepacks folder. You can open these files in notepad to view the contents.

airplanes_pack1.manifest is created/updated by Real Traffic and contains all the airplane prefabs that have been built.  For example, the E175 model has not been built yet. That is why when included in a schedule, the E175 looks and acts like a default Regional Jet. 

airplanes_texpack?.manifest is created/updated by the airport specific Real Color. It contains all the liveries included with that airport. Example: B737_ua.jpg

From a schedule creation perspective, the first requirement is the airplane model must exist in airplanes.txt fie. If a schedule includes a model that doesn't exist in the airplanes file, I don't thing Pro will load. Then, of course, it needs a prefab and then it needs liveries. With the roll out of the 737 Max we'll need it added (or add it ourselves) to the airplanes files (FlightAware is using 7M8) at some point.

Craig

20 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Please enlighten us bcooley66. Model/Design/Series?

Anyway, I believe what you are looking for is contained in the manifest files in the Airplanes and Texturepacks folder. You can open these files in notepad to view the contents.

airplanes_pack1.manifest is created/updated by Real Traffic and contains all the airplane prefabs that have been built.  For example, the E175 model has not been built yet. That is why when included in a schedule, the E175 looks and acts like a default Regional Jet. 

airplanes_texpack?.manifest is created/updated by the airport specific Real Color. It contains all the liveries included with that airport. Example: B737_ua.jpg

From a schedule creation perspective, the first requirement is the airplane model must exist in airplanes.txt fie. If a schedule includes a model that doesn't exist in the airplanes file, I don't thing Pro will load. Then, of course, it needs a prefab and then it needs liveries. With the roll out of the 737 Max we'll need it added (or add it ourselves) to the airplanes files (FlightAware is using 7M8) at some point.

Craig

All I'm referring to is Real Color KLAX. There are liveries that do not exist, and the liveries that do exist, are specific for the various MDS's. For example, Allegiant Airlines: The only livery that exists, is for Boeing 757-200, and an MD-88. The 'Real' flight that are currently flying in and out of KLAX, are Airbus A-319's. If you put the A-319 (319) in the klax_schedule file, the Allegiant Airlines A319, shows up white. No livery! But if you put it back to 752, or M88,, the livery is there. That is what I'm talking about. Another example, would be Spirit Airlines. They fly A321's into and out of KLAX. If you put 321 into the klax_schedule, it will also show up as a white aircraft. Once you re-designate it to an 319, or 320, whalla, the livery comes back to life! Also, there is no livery for UPS. Vic had said that there was a new Real Traffic download as of Sep 9, but it has not seemed to fix the various liveries.

So again, it would be nice to know exactly what livery with MDS's, exist in the Real Traffic for KLAX. That is why I was hoping that Vic would reply. If any others out there know of a way to see a list of current liveries, please share. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, bcooley66 said:

All I'm referring to is Real Color KLAX. There are liveries that do not exist, and the liveries that do exist, are specific for the various MDS's. For example, Allegiant Airlines: The only livery that exists, is for Boeing 757-200, and an MD-88. The 'Real' flight that are currently flying in and out of KLAX, are Airbus A-319's. If you put the A-319 (319) in the klax_schedule file, the Allegiant Airlines A319, shows up white. No livery! But if you put it back to 752, or M88,, the livery is there. That is what I'm talking about. Another example, would be Spirit Airlines. They fly A321's into and out of KLAX. If you put 321 into the klax_schedule, it will also show up as a white aircraft. Once you re-designate it to an 319, or 320, whalla, the livery comes back to life! Also, there is no livery for UPS. Vic had said that there was a new Real Traffic download as of Sep 9, but it has not seemed to fix the various liveries.

So again, it would be nice to know exactly what livery with MDS's, exist in the Real Traffic for KLAX. That is why I was hoping that Vic would reply. If any others out there know of a way to see a list of current liveries, please share. Thanks!

I just told you exactly how to figure it out for yourself. Open airplanes_texpack3.manifest in notepad. You'll see every airplane/airline combination with a livery at LAX. 

FYI - If you turn Word Wrap on, it is much easier to work with.

5 hours ago, crbascott said:

I just told you exactly how to figure it out for yourself. Open airplanes_texpack3.manifest in notepad. You'll see every airplane/airline combination with a livery at LAX. 

FYI - If you turn Word Wrap on, it is much easier to work with.

Thanks for the help!