The simFlight Network Forums

KJFK Issues after SP release

mechajames

There are no JetBlues taxiing onto the ramp parraell to taxiway A at JFK? North side of Terminal 5 Just played for 2 hours and had departures from that ramp but no arrivals.

Also the other thing i have noticed during that game is that aircraft won't refuse a runway due to it being too short until you give them clearance to takeoff. 

Previously you would get it when you gave the taxi instructions had an A380 accept taxi instruction to runway 31L @ KE, It accepted line up and wait instruction and only when i gave it takeoff clearance did i get the runway is too short reply.

Aircraft accept intersections that cause them to go through trees at end of 31L and rotate right at the end of the runway

Terminal 1 and 2 have severe pushback issues where planes would pushback ask for taxi clearance and then as soon as you give them it they would pushback in circles and continually do this. Terminal 2 gates C67 - C70 and terminal 1 gates 4, 6, 8, and 10 on MA alleyway

Taxiways A and B don't highlight correctly and as a result aircraft ignore hold short commands for these taxiways. they do however taxi along correctly.

22L arrivals aircraft leaving runway at H just as next landing is touching down. No points lost but believe is a bug.

Terminal 6 only has WZZ on it and no aircraft depart/arrive here

Taxiway N and MC still incorrectly named MC should end at Taxiway P not B

On a plus note aircraft now arrive into Terminal 4

• Upvote 1

First off, this SP is a huge improvement over the old version. In the past, the sim was never able to correctly calculate a route from the 4s to terminal 8 and it would usually cause my system to slow to a crawl which made JFK largely unplayable. Those issues are gone, so thank you very much!

I can, however, confirm the previously mentioned bugs regarding the JetBlue arrivals and the departures from Terminals 1 & 2. The pushback spinning is not as severe as it was in the past but a handful of planes pushing back from 1 & 2 still spin before taxing out.

output_log.txt

In response to the above:

I just ran a session at KJFK and had 25 JetBlue planes arrive successfully at Terminal 5 - I assume that is every gate. It did fill the north side of Terminal 5 last, but it did eventually use those gates.

KJFK_JP_Gates.thumb.JPG.570c399fac49ab349f28049de9e0f75a.JPG

KJFK_JP_25_Arrivals.thumb.JPG.c551893e1933794d40accdb7573d6ecd.JPG

During the same session I experienced the hold short of taxiway B issue. After landing on 22R and after providing taxi instructions I instructed the plane to HOLD SHORT OF TAXIWAY B. Planes taxiing to the south side of Terminal 5 never stopped. The planes taxiing to the north side of Terminal 5 didn't stop until they approached taxiway E. There are several examples of this issue in the attached log file.

KJFK_HS_B.thumb.JPG.9922914383b874f592da0b927ea7b4fc.JPG

I could not recreate the runway too short issue departing from 31L@KE using an A380, A388 or B748. The screenshot below is the A388 easily clearing the trees after successfully departing from 31L@KE. 

KJFK_A388.thumb.JPG.196a9cf43dd692dc810e1fc40a13fdf1.JPG

I've seen the spinners at Terminal 1. For me since they eventually taxi, don't have to be deleted, nor cause penalty points I personally wouldn't consider these severe and would give this "issue" a very low priority.

"22L arrivals aircraft leaving runway at H just as next landing is touching down." Need clarification.

Terminal 6 was demolished in 2011. It's possible that some of the airport design was ported over from Tower!2011 and Terminal 6 exists underneath the covers and that's why we see a dummy terminal entry.

Good catch on the MC/N taxiway naming issue.  

"On a plus note aircraft now arrive into Terminal 4". I think we got a whole lot more out of the KJFK SP than that, but then my glass is half full. Speaking of which, I need a drink!

output_log.txt

Crba Scott the only issue that i remembered that was fixed on the Sp was the T4 issue. I will retest JFK under normal conditions and see if i can get the north side to work.

As a plane turns onto H taxiway, the next aircraft is touching down. I will screen shot this tonight.

That explains the T6, are they rebuilding a new one.

Thank you

On 10.3.2018 at 12:11 AM, mechajames said:
Taxiways A and B don't highlight correctly and as a result aircraft ignore hold short commands for these taxiways. they do however taxi along correctly.

I can confirm, while for me that only causes major trouble when I give the initial taxi instructions to an aircraft leaving the ramp and remit it to hold short of A to give way for another aircraft. But yes, that is now a problem.