The simFlight Network Forums

KSFO & Runway crossing incursions

jumpjet777

Sorry guys, but I don't think that KSFO is fixed regarding runway incursions when taxiing to the gate.

Landings are on runway 28R and take-off's on runway 28L. On most taxiways between the 2 runways (the short ones), the holding point for the aircraft exiting (left) runway 28R seems also to be the holding point for any aircraft about to cross runway 28L.

The upshot of this is that any aircraft leaving 28R and instructed to taxi to the terminal WILL CROSS runway 28L without any further clearance. Really I would expect to clear an aircraft to the terminal, then it would hold almost immediately, waiting for a continue taxi instruction to allow it across runway 28L.

It happens on all the short taxiways EXCEPT taxiway L. Taxiway L, interestingly acts as you would expect.

So the taxiways where you have to clear the aircraft to cross runway 28L are L, T, and Q (as expected), and the taxiways that the aircraft will just cross anyway are E, K, D, and R.

This maybe by design, but I don't think it's correct.

Cheers.

PS - The log contains about 1hr 30mins of operations. The plethora of 'hold short of runway 28R' instructions, are just there mostly to clear aircraft across runway 1L & 1R without hindrance.

Game&Speech_log.zip

Hi

I have just done a quick test of around 30 mins, and it is exactly the same. All of the short taxiways between 28R & 28L allow crossing of 28L without further clearance, once the aircraft is instructed to go the ramp .......... except L (and the longer diagonal taxiways T & Q)

In the log below the aircraft that used these taxiways were :-

SKW5712 Lima OK

SWA5928 Echo Fail

UAL420 Tango OK

UAL810 Delta Fail

VRD1510 Quebec OK

SKW4933 Kilo Fail

SKW4664 Romeo Fail

The 'fail' means that they crossed 28L when cleared to the ramp. So the 28R exit hold point seems also to be the 28L crossing hold point, hence there appears to be an assumed clearance to cross 28L when told to go to the ramp. Yet taxiway Lima is a short taxiway, and it works correctly.

logs.rar

• Upvote 1

I have downloaded the latest SP1 and still having the problem on all of my airports (attached log is KSFO). I am just wondering why I cannot have planes land and exit L (KSFO) instead of E.  The commands say the runway is too short.  I think it is kinda crazy because another aircraft is landing and either the aircraft has stopped on the runway or is starting the touchdown at the same time when they exit E. So to me it's useless to have the aircraft taxi at E when they are just cruising to E when in previous versions they would have exited at L.  I am not sure the reasoning but in all games it has made it a little more interesting because at LAX I had planes exiting to A for some unknown reason.  Maybe it's my computer or a corruption somewhere on our end since we are the only one having this issue.  

At the end of the day, I do love the game and it's my outlet but I am just trying to understand that everything was good and then KSFO came out and now I have the craziest things happening when I was working KLAX like a boss.  Didn't make it hard, it just made it confusing.  

Mouse

output_log.txt

2 hours ago, mickey2damouse said:

Maybe it's my computer or a corruption somewhere on our end since we are the only one having this issue.  

Do you have Real Traffic sp6v5? Looking at your log file - the terminal and schedule file you are using is not what was released by Nyerges Design.

Also, you are issuing the following command RUNWAY 28R CLEARED TO LAND HOLD SHORT OF TAXIWAY T. This is not telling the plane what exit to take - it is telling them to hold short of this exit. I personally don't use that command because it really has no affect on the plane. If you want a plane to exit at T you need to issue a CLEARED TO LAND command followed by an EXIT AT TAXIWAY T command.

KSFO's SP1 should not affect KLAX at all. Do you have Tower!3D Pro version 3.3c? 

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2018 at 12:49 AM, crbascott said:

Do you have Real Traffic sp6v5? Looking at your log file - the terminal and schedule file you are using is not what was released by Nyerges Design.

Also, you are issuing the following command RUNWAY 28R CLEARED TO LAND HOLD SHORT OF TAXIWAY T. This is not telling the plane what exit to take - it is telling them to hold short of this exit. I personally don't use that command because it really has no affect on the plane. If you want a plane to exit at T you need to issue a CLEARED TO LAND command followed by an EXIT AT TAXIWAY T command.

KSFO's SP1 should not affect KLAX at all. Do you have Tower!3D Pro version 3.3c? 

I do have real traffic but the schedule is a made up schedule.  I did not know about the "EXIT AT TAXIWAY" command.  

I am on KSFO SP1 and 3.3c which came out recently.  On KSFO, crossing the runways w/o a command is still there but acft do hold at the hold lines at 10R now.  

Again, I am not sure why planes started landing longer on KLAX...it was weird to me when I saw a CRJ taxi all the way to the end of 25L at 44 knots then 19 knots.  The next acft exited A all of a sudden and the Dashville exited at N.  I have been playing this for a long time and the winds were calm.  

Like I said, I don't know but just crazy things.  I tested out KJFK and also the acft are landing longer than they have been before.  I know at one point I thought there was a fix on KLAX to stop certain acft from landing and exiting G but this is just puzzling me.  

10 hours ago, mickey2damouse said:

I know at one point I thought there was a fix on KLAX to stop certain acft from landing and exiting G but this is just puzzling me. 

Real Traffic updated landing distances several releases ago, but there has been no update to KLAX that I'm aware of.