The simFlight Network Forums

Hybrid Airport Custom Schedules

Pedantic G

Quick question for the Tower 3D Pro guru's.

Now that we have a lot more European liveries thanks to the EDDM Real Colours file thinking of building a schedule around one of the UK airports (my home base) and using an existing "similar type" airport currently released as the make believe home airport (i.e. using KSAN as a single runway type as an imaginary Gatwick or LAX orJFK as a Heathrow/Manchester as an example.) This idea could be used for say Amsterdam or Paris etc.

Not the ideal solution but until we get more European airports released (hopefully!) the only solution at present.

Noticed @ATControl -- Joe has done a couple of US airports You Tube videos recently (LAX and LGA) using mainly European liveries to spice things up but these are still using the US routes showing in the strip.

My question is can you amend the schedule airport to/from details in the schedule text file so that is shows a something different in the strip view.?

For example  (from a JFK Schedule)

SFO, JFK, 744, BA, 007, 13:01, 12:00, 1, BA
JFK, PHL, 340, VS, 004, 12:00, 13:29, 1, VS

Could this be amended to say (using a custom schedule for LHR as an example)

SFO, LHR, 744, BA, 007, 13:01, 12:00, 1, BA
LHR, PHL, 340, VS, 004, 12:00, 13:29, 1, VS

Therefore this flight detail would show up in the script.

If using say "JFK" as the hybrid Heathrow in this example would the text file actually spool departures and arrivals in the game play or completely ignore the planes as they don't mention JFK (or any other airport hijacked for the purpose of mirroring) and therefore make the idea a complete not starter. 😩

Hope this makes sense

G

You would definitely not want to use Philly or Lax, they both say the airport name when requesting pushback, so the strips would not be the problem. Other than that I can't be much help.  If you are doing it to record, hide the strips on a second monitor and use "contact Heathrow departure" or whatever they say over there for the immersion factor. 

2 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

You cannot label an airport in the strip that is not the airport in play.  I.e. you cannot replace LAX w LHR.  The game knows what airport should be in position

Thanks Joe. Thought as much and probably a non starter.

On 7/28/2018 at 5:50 PM, Peabody said:

You would definitely not want to use Philly or Lax, they both say the airport name when requesting pushback, so the strips would not be the problem. Other than that I can't be much help.  If you are doing it to record, hide the strips on a second monitor and use "contact Heathrow departure" or whatever they say over there for the immersion factor. 

Thanks Peabody,

Good shout on the Philly and LAX pushback request. Forgot about those. Guess you can use one of the others and hide the strip etc at a push as yout can't amend the strip. Might give it a go with a small schedule to see if it works or not as an experience or just wait for @FeelThereVic to pull his finger out and deliver the UK airport he hinted at a while ago! 😁. Only kidding Vic, I know you are really busy doing other stuff to help the 3d Pro Community