The simFlight Network Forums

what can cause this in the photo

ATC AlaskaGuy

I took a screenshot of this happening in EDDM and just wondered if anyone new why this would occur or if it is just a error in the airport EDDM ? if you look at the screen shot you will see that a Lufthansa aircraft that is being pushed back is going through the plane next to it I hope that this is EDDM airport issue and not a Tower 3D Pro issue

EDDM 03.png

I believe another reason this happens is due to scale, buffer space and alignment issues in the game.

A good example is New York JFK Intl. The south side of the tower has a narrow ramp I nicknamed Tin Pan Alley due to the diminutive size and aircraft antics that go on there. Planes either barely miss each other on pushback and taxi, or they outright go through one another. It doesn't help that at times larger aircraft than are probably wise to stuff into a ramp are there based on the traffic setup.

My hunch is that the scale of the aircraft and airport in the game make pushback coding a real pain in the neck. In real life there are wingwalkers to protect the surrounding aircraft, combined with v. slow tow movement, this keeps collisions from happening. There is no such luxury for Vic; he has said that the next version will have a completely re-written pushback code module.

Meanwhile he will likely do the best he can to tweak the EDDM code so it isn't a complete immersion-breaker.

19 hours ago, Pdubya said:

I believe another reason this happens is due to scale, buffer space and alignment issues in the game.

A good example is New York JFK Intl. The south side of the tower has a narrow ramp I nicknamed Tin Pan Alley due to the diminutive size and aircraft antics that go on there. Planes either barely miss each other on pushback and taxi, or they outright go through one another. It doesn't help that at times larger aircraft than are probably wise to stuff into a ramp are there based on the traffic setup.

My hunch is that the scale of the aircraft and airport in the game make pushback coding a real pain in the neck. In real life there are wingwalkers to protect the surrounding aircraft, combined with v. slow tow movement, this keeps collisions from happening. There is no such luxury for Vic; he has said that the next version will have a completely re-written pushback code module.

Meanwhile he will likely do the best he can to tweak the EDDM code so it isn't a complete immersion-breaker.

Well the other reason why planes park in weird areas are due to the gate codes listed at each terminal in the airports. At PHX in real life BA flights park at the same terminal as all the crj planes. But in game it can't specifically tell BAW to park at the big gate due to its coding structure. Vic has said that they will give access in the next version back to gameplayers to tweak it out and to code specific gates with relative size in aircraft. It would be awesome to have that ability now but I guess we just have to wait! That's just another reason why planes are sandwiched in together when they aren't suppose to be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1