The simFlight Network Forums

Question on calibrating the new CRJ Pro

Hi Pete, me again.

I am trying to calibrate the last plane I own, the CRJ Professional from Aerosoft, not easy. When the airplane load both Throttles are in Shoot off position, but when the load is over both Throttles jump to idle position, but my throttle arms are fully down. So I cannot move the sim throttle to the lowest level (shut Off). I am guessing that it is related to the value FSUIPC sends to the sim.

645924345_CRJ700Throttle.jpg.7600cf6fd020e97656cd6dd876f52031.jpg

as you know, I am using PFC equipment (Cirrus II with the 2 jet Quadrant),  I have followed the guide supplied by Aerosoft FSUIPC Throttle calibration (1).pdf

The quadrant is define in PFCcom64 and properly assign to the aircraft.

J2-0=5,30,0,20,35,35,108,255
J2-2=5,5,0,7,7,72,125,128
J2-3=5,6,0,0,56,72,126,128
J2-5=5,32,0,3,56,72,125,128

[AircraftQuadrants]

CRJ700_Pro_Air_Canada_Express_C-GOJA=J2

In FSUIPC, in the axis assignment,  I am getting the in values of:

T1 -14320   16125

T2 -16384  16125 

[Axes]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=17X,512,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-
1=17Z,512,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
2=17R,512,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
3=17V,512,D,25,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Reverser }-

[JoystickCalibration]

Throttle1=-14320,-14320,-14320,16125
Throttle2=-16384,-16384,-16384,16125

This time both Throttle are acting the same. I have tried "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration" and use the calibration screen, like they suggest in the guide and also send to FS. Both option result in the same problem.  

I have include the FSUIPC log FSUIPC5.log

Pierre Nantel

I Thomas,

I just tried what you said and it doesn't solve my problem. The throttles are not coming back to the Shut off position . Also I notice that they don't always work inside the sim (P3D). Sometime they move and sometime they don't. I do have the option FSUIPC without reverser check in the EFB. Everything else works elevator, alerion, spoiler and steering tiller.

I just realized something, after the aircraft is loaded if I move my reverser arm first then the throttles are working, but still stuck at the idle state. they start at shout off and then jump to idle. 

Pierre

3 hours ago, nantelp said:

The quadrant is define in PFCcom64 and properly assign to the aircraft.

J2-0=5,30,0,20,35,35,108,255
J2-2=5,5,0,7,7,72,125,128
J2-3=5,6,0,0,56,72,126,128
J2-5=5,32,0,3,56,72,125,128

[AircraftQuadrants]

CRJ700_Pro_Air_Canada_Express_C-GOJA=J2

T1 -14320   16125

T2 -16384  16125 

[Axes]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=17X,512,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-
1=17Z,512,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
2=17R,512,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
3=17V,512,D,25,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Reverser }-

[JoystickCalibration]

Throttle1=-14320,-14320,-14320,16125
Throttle2=-16384,-16384,-16384,16125

That looks okay. None of that would explain this:

When the airplane load both Throttles are in Shoot off position

That's do do with how the flight you are loading was saved. Save when the throttles are at idle.

And Thomas is correct. The levers have no effect at all until you move them, so move them off idle and back again. Your "Delta" (the smallest change which is used) is set to 512 (see the [Axes] section). Change all those to 256, which I think is normally the default.

1 hour ago, nantelp said:

The throttles are not coming back to the Shut off position . Also I notice that they don't always work inside the sim (P3D). Sometime they move and sometime they don't.

Sounds like there's something else wrong then. Have you checked that everything works okay with other aircraft? You need to determine if this is just that add-on or a more general problem.

Throttles jump to idle position, but my throttle arms are fully down. So I cannot move the sim throttle to the lowest level (shut Off).

All the axis velues which can be sent are -16384 to +16383, and those are what are sent for the entire range of axis movement after proper calibration.  So at the lowest position is will be sending -16384 or close (= zero thrust).  What values does your add-on aircraft need for this "shut off setting?"  (Use FSUIPC Axis logging and see what gets logged when uoiu use the mouse or keyboard to operated the throttle to "cutoff").

On the Turboprop quadrant from PFC there's a "centre" idle zone, with a notch. Below that is the reversing zone. I don't know the CRJ. What exactly is the "shuoff" position?  Nor a reverse, evidently, with that name. If it is a fuel shut-off, what are those two red-knobbed levers below, in the normal jet fule idle/cutoff switch position?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I had time to do some testing, and now I know that the plane is suppose to load with the throttle in the shut off position when It's load in the cold & dark state. What I did is:

1. disable FSUIPC be renaming the DDL to DDL_old, so it would not load

2. I also have a T .16000M joystick connected to my PC, so I configured the Throttle axis in the CRJ to be assign to the slider.

3. Then I reloaded the CRJ:

Ok I am back and I do need some help.

Like I said 

I had time to do some testing, and now I know that the plane is suppose to load with the throttle in the shut off position when It's load in the cold & dark state. What I did is:

1. disable FSUIPC be renaming the DDL to DDL_old, so it would not load

2. I also have a T .16000M joystick connected to my PC, so I configured the Throttle axis in the CRJ to be assign to the slider.

If I load the aircraft in the Cold & Dark or Turnaround or  Ready for Startup (all state that do not have the motor running) the aircraft load with his throttles in shut off mode. But neither my slider on the T .16000m Joystick or the mouse move the throttles in the sim.

On 12/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, Pete Dowson said:

what are those two red-knobbed levers below, in the normal jet fule idle/cutoff switch position?

To move the Throttles you have to unlock them the two red-Knobbs.

When  I load the "Ready for taxi state" which as the motor running, the throttles loads in the idle position. So all this is according to the documentation. 

Next thing I did is to ask on the Aerosoft support forum if someone was using the CRJ Pro with the same PFC setup, one developer answered 

I'm using PFC trottle quadrant too. Just make sure you use direct mode and no calibration. In the FSUIPC.ini it should read like this:
                5=2R,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-

6=2V,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
                The "5=2R" and "6=2V" will be different as these are the hardware/axis identifiers.

and also said:

Salut Pierre,  

In my case the throttles are in Shut Off position.     

I can change the aircraft state in EFB and the positions are correct for each state.        

I have the the same PFC 2 Jet quadrant. 

I have made a separate profile in FSUIPC for The CRJ so that other functions are also assigned properly like the GA button to obtain TO TO prior taking off.           

If you have an overlap of multiple controllers on the same axis, i. e. Throttle, they will influence each other.           

Be aware that in the EFB you need to set under option and page 2 the correct selection of Throttle Axis Value Range, depending what setup you have chosen in FSUIPC.           

Whenever you want to switch from Idle to Shot off and back to Idle you need to press the red lever and then move the throttle with a click.

So I did check if I add a overlap for the Throttle axis, I don't if if I did I would have this issue with all my airplane.

Be aware that in the EFB you need to set under option and page 2 the correct selection of Throttle Axis Value Range, depending what setup you have chosen in FSUIPC.

In the EFB you have two options:

FSUIPC without Reverser Range

FSUIPC with reverser Range (this is what I am using)

My question is know which   is used by FSUIPC?

I am using the following profile :

[Profile]

Created=16/12/2019 10:33:56
    [Axes]
    RangeRepeatRate=10
    0=0X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
    1=0Y,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
    2=0R,256,D,36,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: SteeringTiller }-
    3=17X,512,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-
    4=17V,512,D,25,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Reverser }-
    5=17Z,512,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
    6=17R,512,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
    [JoystickCalibration]
    AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
    ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes
    ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
    ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
    SepRevsJetsOnly=No
    ApplyHeloTrim=No
    UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
    FlapsSetControl=0
    FlapDetents=No
    ReverserControl=66292
    Reverser1Control=66422
    Reverser2Control=66425
    Reverser3Control=66428
    Reverser4Control=66431
    MaxThrottleForReverser=256
    AileronTrimControl=66731
    RudderTrimControl=66732
    CowlFlaps1Control=66162
    CowlFlaps2Control=66163
    CowlFlaps3Control=66164
    CowlFlaps4Control=66165
    SteeringTillerControl=0
    MaxSteerSpeed=60
    RudderBlendLowest=1
    Aileron=-16312,0,0,16325
    Elevator=-16384,0,0,16253
    Spoilers=-16380,16380/16
    [Buttons]
    0=R20,11,K46,8     -{Key press: Del}

Sounds like there's something else wrong then. Have you checked that everything works okay with other aircraft? You need to determine if this is just that add-on or a more general problem.

I just installed the Airbus 330 from Aerosft and everything works fine. I only have the problem with this add-ons

So with this configuration when the Aircraft load in "ready to Taxi" state the Throttles are to far up,

Throttle.jpg.c43baac731f615e49aeb7622e3bce9c9.jpg

and in the up position THR1 doesn't fully go up and THR 2 seem to be ok.

1041076986_Throttleup.jpg.4a4052f5df874eb67ff73174c35a8ec2.jpg

T1 -14578   14835

T2 -16384  16125 

Hope all this helps

Thanks

Pierre

Hi Me again,

I just conduct another test, I did a fresh installed of FSUIPC and PFCcom64 so I only had the CRJ plane configured. with both: 

5=17Z,512,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
 6=17R,512,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-

or 

0=17Z,512,F,66420,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET }-
1=17R,512,F,66423,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET }-

The Throttles works but they do not come back to the Idle position, 

1640077964_CRJ700ThrottlewithmotorrunningandFSUIPCReverse.jpg.ca2ac55abcfda8994a690cbc3ee57b21.jpg

But now If I load the aircraft in the Cold & Dark or Turnaround or  Ready for Startup (all state that do not have the motor running) the aircraft load with his throttles in shut off mode. 

I am using the "FSUIPC with reverser Range" in the EFB , it is the only one working.

so if I could get the THRs arm to go down to the Idle position  and find out why the quadrant works when I only have the CRJ define in FSUIPC.CFG and not when I have other plane configured.

Pierre

Good day,

With a fresh installed of FSUIPC5, I was able to solve my issue, but I do have some questions. When I configure the CRJ aircraft , FSUIPC5 is adding the following line in the INI file. 

[Profile.CRJ pro]
1=CRJ1000 Pro Garuda Indonesia PK-GRO

[JoystickCalibration]
RudderBlendLowest=1

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10

I understand the profile one, and I do use a profile for the CRJ. But I do not understand why it's adding the RudderBlendLowest=1 and the two axis parameters in the FSUIPC5.INI and not in the profile file? It only does that for that plane. Also I already have the  RangeRepeatRate=10 in all of my profile, so why is it repeating in the FSUIPC5.INI file. Being in the FSUIPC5.INI the parameter will now apply to all, and not only to the CRJ.

Some clarification would help me understand.

Pierre 

Hi,

any possible value that can go into a profile will then be used when that profile (AC) is active and the standard value will be ignored. So what you say is not true.

Being in the FSUIPC5.INI the parameter will now apply to all, and not only to the CRJ.

If the lines show only when you created the CRJ profile then you created something different or used an AC without profile.

Thomas

I understand the profile one, and I do use a profile for the CRJ. But I do not understand why it's adding the RudderBlendLowest=1 and the two axis parameters in the FSUIPC5.INI and not in the profile file? It only does that for that plane. Also I already have the  RangeRepeatRate=10 in all of my profile, so why is it repeating in the FSUIPC5.INI file. Being in the FSUIPC5.INI the parameter will now apply to all, and not only to the CRJ.

Some clarification would help me understand.

To clarify what Thomas has explained, Profile setttings only override any non-profile settings is and when you make profile settings. The idea is that you can have, say, different or additional button or keypress assignments for profiled aircraft whilst many more general button or key assignments which you don't override will still apply.

The only exception is if you make any profile axis assignments. then none of the general ones will apply to such aircraft. this is done because otherwise they could cause conflicts. Axes are active all the time, whilst buttons and keypresses only actually operate when you use them.

Being in the FSUIPC5.INI the parameter will now apply to all, and not only to the CRJ.

I think those parameters are defaults (the two in the [Axes] section certainly are).  It looks like you have no general axis assignments or calibrations in any case, so those parameters aren't doing anything. If you make axis assignments and calibrations for the CRJ then they will be overrideen, for the reason just explained. (That isn't the case for buttons and keys. also just explained).

Pete

Thank you both for the info,

I still found it strange that, even if I delete these lines:

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10

in the FSUIPC5.INI and that I copy them in the CRJ pro profile file.  When I restart  P3D they are re-insert in the FSUIPC5.ini again.

Also is it possible that the CRJ is the only plane that requires the PollInterval=10 & RudderBlendLowest=1 , I never saw those parameters added for the other planes I have.

I am trying to keep my INI clean, by having a generic FSUIPC5.ini and a separate profile per airplanes. So for all my planes have the Joystick, axis and Buttons defined in the profile files and not in the FSUIPC5.ini.

Pierre

40 minutes ago, nantelp said:

I still found it strange that, even if I delete these lines:

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10

in the FSUIPC5.INI and that I copy them in the CRJ pro profile file.  When I restart  P3D they are re-insert in the FSUIPC5.ini again.

It isn't really strange. Why would you think that? There are always default parameters created in the INI -- see the [General] section for a really large example.

42 minutes ago, nantelp said:

I am trying to keep my INI clean, by having a generic FSUIPC5.ini and a separate profile per airplanes. So for all my planes have the Joystick, axis and Buttons defined in the profile files and not in the FSUIPC5.ini.

There will alsways be default sections as well. There is no problem with this.

Pete