The simFlight Network Forums

Need to brighten the Taxi Light

coabill

Taxi Light is really dim, can hardly see it..  If Possible even make it like an LED lamp in the Nose Gear. As I have seen them with LED lights..  But it does need to be brighter, it is very dim, ended up having to use landing light in its place just so I could see where I was going.  It was that dim..

2019-12-25-19-39-19-290.jpg

2019-12-25_19-33-47-647.jpg

2019-12-25_19-39-19-290.jpg

• Like 1

Taxi light does seem a bit dim even on the new hotfix. It might be angled wrong though. I did some testing on landing with just the nose taxi light on and it was quite bright when being pointed towards the runway, rather when on the ground when I think it's pointed to far upward. When taxiing around terminals it seems to illuminate the walls much brighter than the ground. 

1 hour ago, dahsteak said:

Taxi light does seem a bit dim even on the new hotfix. It might be angled wrong though. I did some testing on landing with just the nose taxi light on and it was quite bright when being pointed towards the runway, rather when on the ground when I think it's pointed to far upward. When taxiing around terminals it seems to illuminate the walls much brighter than the ground. 

Noticed the same yesterday it illuminates the terminal walls at quite a distance but not so much ground in front of the aircraft. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, coabill said:

I got it pretty much after it came out, but I also have latest update too.. 

if you purchased and downloaded prior to 24 December '19 use your download link to collect the new installer.  uninstall the plane. install the new hot-patch edition as administrator.

also, a detailed SP is in the works.   see -