The simFlight Network Forums

RJTT traffic problem

Dalsgaard83

Hey there.

I have a problem with the new Tower3D DLC for Rjtt Haneda airport. Between 60-120 into a session, suddenly no more JAL or ANA flights will request push and start, or will arrive, even though they are in the schedule (RT schedule). I was advised, that i could submit a log file in here, so somebody could figure out from that, what the problem might be. So i have attached the log file for the latest session. The last flights to request push was ANA575 at 10:57 and JAL233 at 10:58. The next in the schedule was to be ANA112 at 11:02 and JAL45 at 11.04, but they didn't show up.

output_log.txt

If you search the log for the flight numbers, you'll find this line for a lot of them: "Airplane dropped, no declared terminal".

I'd say the terminals or respective gates for these types of jets were full and the game calculated the restart of inbound flights differently.

If you have an editor like Notepad++, you can see in the lines 7964 until 8184 which planes are incoming and set to be outbound again. The "airplane dropped" messages start at line 10033 with ANA112, which means the game engine couldn't fit them in, neither as set to the gate nor as a restarter.

How does that happen? Well, in real life planes regularly sit in the taxiways waiting until their assigned gates become available (JFK is notorious for this). But this is not how Tower! 3D works (one wishlist item for the next version was to make that happen and eventually fill the taxiways with waiting planes). If an aircraft won't get a gate, it won't spawn. You might see this in effect sometimes when you have a longer period without arrivals and then suddenly, after one flight requests pushback, another one going to the same terminal spawns as arrival.

Gate availability is a major issue with this game engine and it is magnified by loading 8 hours of flights. This issue is quite evident when playing with Real Traffic. The only workaround I’ve found is to use schedule snippets thus reducing the negative impact that can occur with using a full schedule. 

I’d recommend using @battlehawk77’s custom schedule for RJTT as he provides snippets for each of his 7 daily schedules. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I wonder how the engine can handle this problem in different ways.

At RJTT the aircraft will land, but tell you "...handle this airplane (at the gate) first."

At KATL the aircraft will land and go straight to the occupied terminal, where you will have a crash.

At KJFK the aircraft will land only if the gate is available. I made a schedule for an international terminal (Lufhansa, Air France...) and overcrowded this terminal with arrivals (and according departures). All the planes landed only when the gates were available, some hours later.

So, why does the same engine different things? 

6 hours ago, argus99 said:

I wonder how the engine can handle this problem in different ways.

At RJTT the aircraft will land, but tell you "...handle this airplane (at the gate) first."

At KATL the aircraft will land and go straight to the occupied terminal, where you will have a crash.

At KJFK the aircraft will land only if the gate is available. I made a schedule for an international terminal (Lufhansa, Air France...) and overcrowded this terminal with arrivals (and according departures). All the planes landed only when the gates were available, some hours later.

So, why does the same engine different things? 

You've described different scenarios ... I don't really see how the three are related other than the scenarios could be handle better. 

RJTT - I've seen this occur in the past but rarely. For whatever reason, it seems to be an issue at RJTT as it has been mentioned multiple times. Would have to see the log file to understand exactly what is happening in this situation. 

KATL - are you talking a plane crash or game crash? Bottom line, the plane landed and there was a gate was available. Different scenario all together. 

KJFK - for all airports a plane won't land if a gate ins not available. For your custom schedule you need to strategically time the departures and arrivals. It doesn't matter the size of the airport ... from TIST to KLAX  ... gate availability is an issue and will continue to be for all airports released for this version.