The simFlight Network Forums

Need Offset Commanded N1

Hi Mr. Dowson, i wonder if exist an offset in FSUIPC where the simulator write the commanded value of N1 in TOGA condition in advance. I explain more fine: i wrote a script Sioc for my throttle with motor DC and now works very fine but in Toga condition when i push the switches the levers advance  not smooth because the position of them is calculated at the moment based on the  value of offset 088C/0932. I would like to know if there is an offset where there is the value commanded / target of N1. I don't know if i explained fine my request. Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Giuseppe Reda

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Reda said:

i wonder if exist an offset in FSUIPC where the simulator write the commanded value of N1 in TOGA condition in advance.

Not that I know of. It must be one of the parameters in the specific Aircraft.cfg file. Of course, you can read it when set by TOGA, in offset 07FA. Wouldn't that be sufficient for your purpose? I would have thought so.

Pete

Thanks so much Mr. Dowson, i will try and i back !...

Also , there is a legend about the FMA status code (Thrust mode) that normally i read on offset $0505 and these are: (from that i understand) 1 = A/T on no mode selected  2= TO/GA - N1 mode   3= SPD Mode but there are also others that i don't know what are  (4,5,6,8,9) can you illuminate me about it ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Giuseppe Reda

Hi Mr. Dowson i tried the offset suggested but that don't give me nothing, no value.... stay all the time to 0. Also i gave a chance at the offset 07F4 (sound similar in description) and also this nothing... i declared in sioc in this way "Var 0066, name N1, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $07F0, Length 2    // N1 VALUE HOLD". I exclude that i can take this information from aircraft.cfg because this value change everytime changing some parameters of aircraft (weight, wether condition, reduced take/off ecc.) then everytime the N1 calcolated it's different, that's why for me is important to know where i can take the N1 calculated value (not in % but offset value).

Thanks

Edited by Giuseppe Reda

Also , there is a legend about the FMA status code (Thrust mode) that normally i read on offset $0505 and these are: (from that i understand) 1 = A/T on no mode selected  2= TO/GA - N1 mode   3= SPD Mode but there are also others that i don't know what are  (4,5,6,8,9) can you illuminate me about it ?

Offset 0505 is part of the area used by Project Magenta. You need to refer to Project Magenta documentation of ask PM support.

i tried the offset suggested but that don't give me nothing, no value.... stay all the time to 0. Also i gave a chance at the offset 07F4 (sound similar in description) and also this nothing.

07F4 is the autopilot N1 hold switch. It is either true (=1) or false (=0), no other useful value.
07FA is the autopilot RPM hold var.

Maybe these only apply to aircraft with RPM/N1 hold facilities on the autopilot? I don't know. FSUIPC is only providing variables available from SimConnect.

The valueu I think you may be looking for is, as you say, computed based on many things -- including whether you use a derated value for assumed temperature, different flap settings, V1 values for the runway, and so on. I don't know where that is computed within the Sim code, if it is. I've only ever used it with add-on systems, like ProSim.  Sophisticated add-on aircraft will also be computing it themselves. Are you sure that the sim itself uses anything other than max thrust?

By all means have a look through the SimConnect "Simulation Variables" available (they are tabulated in the P3D SDK on the L-M website) and see if any of those look likely to be what you want. If you find it, let me know and we'll see if it is mapped to an offset, or if not, put it on the list. I must admit I see nothing likely.

Pete

Thanks for the reply Mr. Dowson... I thinked that a offset standard related was there but... Because i remembered that at times of FSX there was a Boeing 737 of default and when you gave the TOGA Command the N1 value was raising until this stop at a due point (i.e. 94% or 97% ecc..depends ..). I was thinking that this stop point value was codified in a FSUIPC Offset.. like an objective to reach from the simulator software... But maybe i'm wrong... anyway i will investigate on Prosim side (i use this add-on) to see if i find something... also i will give an eye to P3D side .... and if i find some solution i will report you. Thanks for the cooperation.

Best regards,

Giuseppe Reda

• 3 years later...

Sorry, I cannot help with the PM offsets - you need to ask Project Magenta. In FSUIPC, we just allocate 88 bytes to PM, starting at offset 0x04E0.

But looking at the PM offset document (available from https://www.projectmagenta.com/downloads/), offset 0504 is 2 bytes in size (and so also covers 0505):

0504 2

AP Mode 3 (Annunciator Values) (Read Only)

Autopilots Active (Bits 0 = none or any combination of 1, 2, 3 (bit 3), i.e. value 5 would be A/P 1 and 3 active)
Thrust Channel (Speed modes)
Vertical Cannel (ALT etc.)
Horizontal Channel (HDG etc.)

0xAuto * 0x1000 + 0xThr * 0X100 + 0xVer * 0x10 + 0xHor

This value is just an anunciation, i.e. it doesn't set any mode!

John