The simFlight Network Forums

No changelog found for v6...

Hi guys,

I have FSUIPC6 installed and registered and working well in both P3Dv4 and P3Dv5. Thank you!

I did not see a change log anywhere in the SDK docs or anywhere else, just curious if anything new in v6 besides P3Dv5 compatibility. Did I miss the doc someplace?

Thanks!

James

1 hour ago, 737-SimGuy said:

I did not see a change log anywhere in the SDK docs or anywhere else, just curious if anything new in v6 besides P3Dv5 compatibility. Did I miss the doc someplace?

Change logs are provided for increments. FSUIPC6 is a new version with built-in compatibility for both P3D4 and P3d5 and is ready for onward developments as P3D5 develops. Apart from the new Installer, now also supporting the Add-on.xml method which seems so popular with some, there are no notable new user facilities.  What were you expecting?

Pete

As Pete says, change logs are simple text files containing updates between incremental releases, and there is none for this release as its a first major release. The change history sonce FSUIPC5 is maintained in the FSUIPC History document, which should be available in your FSUIPC6 documents folder (under your windows Documents directory).

John

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

which should be available in your FSUIPC6 documents folder (under your windows Documents directory).

Ahhh yes there is the piece I was missing, I didn't realize the docs were no longer in the same folder as FSUIPC.DLL.

Thank you.

James

2 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You could also try looking at the installation guide which will tell you where things are installed!

I did read it and learned I could install FSUIPC outside the P3D folder, but obviously missed that tidbit about where the docs went. And yes, I am aware what a ChangeLog is 😉, My Avatar may say "newbie", but I've been simming since 1994! Been using this software since Adam wrote the first version. In fact Pete visited my hangar back in about 2003ish to fly my cockpit. Good times. Anyway, I'll stop bothering you.

James

25 minutes ago, 737-SimGuy said:

In fact Pete visited my hangar back in about 2003ish to fly my cockpit. Good times.

Ah, yes. Hi James. Hope you are well!

I remember that visit well. In fact I have a picture pinned up here somewhere of Enrico and I in the pilot seats of your cockpit! Was that 2003? I think we popped over after a visit to PFC's place in Sacramento.

Do you still have the same 'pit?

Pete

22 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Ah, yes. Hi James. Hope you are well!

I remember that visit well. In fact I have a picture pinned up here somewhere of Enrico and I in the pilot seats of your cockpit! Was that 2003? I think we popped over after a visit to PFC's place in Sacramento.

Do you still have the same 'pit?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes all good here. Still have the same cockpit, although it has come quite a long way from when you and Enrico flew it. And about three years ago I converted it to the 737 MAX. I spend more time flying these days than building, she is mostly complete 🙂

Here is a link to a pic if you are interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8f11zcerq9f4tf4/James_MAX.png?dl=0

Take care. Sincere thank you for the many many years of FSUIPC.

James

16 minutes ago, 737-SimGuy said:

And about three years ago I converted it to the 737 MAX. I spend more time flying these days than building, she is mostly complete 🙂

Here is a link to a pic if you are interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8f11zcerq9f4tf4/James_MAX.png?dl=0

Really nice!  What screen are you using now -- curved with multiple projectors? WidevieW or all on one PC? Are you still using Project Magenta, or switched to SimAvionics or ProSim (though ProSim haven't released their MAX yet, or maybe they have to Beta testers).

Stay well.

Pete

5 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Really nice!  What screen are you using now -- curved with multiple projectors? WidevieW or all on one PC? Are you still using Project Magenta, or switched to SimAvionics or ProSim (though ProSim haven't released their MAX yet, or maybe they have to Beta testers).

Stay well.

Pete

I switched to Sim-Avionics several years ago and love it. Mark has evolved it into a great product, very comprehensive indeed. As far as my screens go they are probably the most neglected part of my setup! I use three 100 inch pull down screens with three Optima 1080p projectors, driven by a single nVidia Titan X gpu. Immersive Display Pro does the warping for 200 degree view. Someday when I grow up I would like to do the curved screen or LCD screen setup, but I'm pretty happy with it for now, and P3Dv5 has nearly doubled my framerate so that allows me to crank things up 🙂

I've been having fun 🙂

James

P.S. - Thank you John for the nice comments!

22 minutes ago, 737-SimGuy said:

As far as my screens go they are probably the most neglected part of my setup! I use three 100 inch pull down screens with three Optima 1080p projectors, driven by a single nVidia Titan X gpu. Immersive Display Pro does the warping for 200 degree view. Someday when I grow up I would like to do the curved screen or LCD screen setup, but I'm pretty happy with it for now, and P3Dv5 has nearly doubled my framerate so that allows me to crank things up 🙂

I'm using TruView, which is NatVis's tailored version of Immersive Display Pro. the installation and screen was all done by Nat Crea.

Currently Truview doesn't want to play with P3Dv5, so i can't move over yet.  I thought it was to do with DX11 v DX12, but that should theoretically affect you too, with Immersive Pro.

Are your views using P3D ViewGroups?  Maybe it's to do with the changes of method (we used to use nVidia Surround instead, but since P3D4.5 ViewGroups has been better).

Of course, with 3 flat screens Immersive Pro has not got a lot to do.  The warping is mostly the compensation for the curvature on a curved screen. What exactly does Immersive Pro do for three flat screen projections?

Pete

50 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'm using TruView, which is NatVis's tailored version of Immersive Display Pro. the installation and screen was all done by Nat Crea.

Currently Truview doesn't want to play with P3Dv5, so i can't move over yet.  I thought it was to do with DX11 v DX12, but that should theoretically affect you too, with Immersive Pro.

Are your views using P3D ViewGroups?  Maybe it's to do with the changes of method (we used to use nVidia Surround instead, but since P3D4.5 ViewGroups has been better).

Of course, with 3 flat screens Immersive Pro has not got a lot to do.  The warping is mostly the compensation for the curvature on a curved screen. What exactly does Immersive Pro do for three flat screen projections?

Pete

Fly Elise IDP last update in March included DX12 and P3Dv5 support. In fact that was my first clue that v5 was about to be released. So it’s working fine. 
I use ViewGroup exported from IDP after my warping calibration. The warping corrects the perspective even on flat screens, at least for me in such a large span, and also more importantly allows me to correct the alignment between screens without have the projectors mount exactly perfect. Also my screens, being pull downs, have some wavy spots in them and I correct for that with the warping as well. And of course I have three different view groups, one aligned for each pilot and also a center alignment for taking pics from the back of the cockpit. 

James

4 minutes ago, 737-SimGuy said:

Fly Elise IDP last update in March included DX12 and P3Dv5 support. In fact that was my first clue that v5 was about to be released. So it’s working fine. 

Ah, so I need to chase Nat to get his version of the software updated, pronto!

5 minutes ago, 737-SimGuy said:

And of course I have three different view groups, one aligned for each pilot and also a center alignment for taking pics from the back of the cockpit. 

Yes, same here. Though I got so used to using a centre compromise over the last few years that now, using a captain or first officer view, depending where I'm sitting, I'm actually off a little without realising it! (I'll get used to it ...).

Pete