The simFlight Network Forums

OMDB - Runway 30R arrival - Incorrect procedure Vacating Runway

MJKERR

2 hours ago, battlehawk77 said:

What type of aircraft did not accept the command?

Anything I want to send to Terminal 2 via M8
So far only Sky Dubai, all configured as 738
I will start keeping a record of each flight number

59 minutes ago, Salad said:

I use the "Take next available exit left or right" straight after giving cleared to land, haven't had any issues.

I agree that works perfectly well, but there are times when using an exit further to the west is preferred
Ideal when an aircraft is taxiing eastbound on Taxiway M
The incoming aircraft can then be left at M8 for some time

Tested again

Created a test schedule file with just 10 arrivals
FDB 738
Again it receives the command but once landed ignores it, as a result exits (escape) at the default K9

09:00:38 * FDB01 => ADD HISTORY: FDB01:  Tower, SKY DUBAI 01 with you Runway 30L.
COMMAND: FDB01 RUNWAY 30L CLEARED TO LAND
09:00:44 alt: 3000 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 =>   PARSE CMD:  RUNWAY 30L CLEARED TO LAND
09:00:44 alt: 3000 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 => RUNWAY roadcut: RUNWAY THREE ZERO LEFT  CLEARED TO LAND 
09:00:44 alt: 3000 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 => SAY: RUNWAY THREE ZERO LEFT  CLEARED TO LAND  SKY DUBAI ZERO ONE
09:00:44 * FDB01 => ADD HISTORY: FDB01: RUNWAY 30L CLEARED TO LAND FDB01
COMMAND: FDB01 EXIT AT TAXIWAY M8
09:00:52 alt: 3000 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 =>   PARSE CMD:  EXIT AT TAXIWAY M8
09:00:52 alt: 3000 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 =>  TAXIWAY roadcut: EXIT AT TAXIWAY MIKE,EIGHT 
09:00:52 alt: 3000 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 =>  AT  roadcut: EXIT AT TAXIWAY MIKE,EIGHT  
09:00:52 alt: 3000 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 => SAY: EXIT AT TAXIWAY MIKE,EIGHT   SKY DUBAI ZERO ONE
09:00:52 * FDB01 => ADD HISTORY: FDB01: EXIT AT TAXIWAY M8 FDB01
SET PlANE: FDB01
09:06:54 alt: 99 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_INCOMING to STATE_LAND
Clicked: FDB01
SET PlANE: FDB01
CMDTREE: tree_ground_incoming
09:07:03 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 => Landing cnt on runway: 30L    cnt: 2
09:07:35 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_LAND to STATE_ESCAPE_RUNWAY
09:07:35 * FDB01 => ADD HISTORY: FDB01 Successful landing. +10 pts
09:07:35 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 30L * FDB01 => escape cross: K9

4 hours ago, MJKERR said:

but there are times when using an exit further to the west is preferred

As @crbascott has already mentioned, it is a matter of timing to have planes leave the runways at a certain taxiway.
There are players who are very good with the EXIT AT TAXIWAY command. I haven't been able to find the sweet spot yet. For me the command works in about 30 percent of the cases.

I prefer to use the VACATE RUNWAY command when the plane is at about 500 feet above the ground. For me this works most reliably.
I don't use the EXIT AT TAXIWAY command at all because it simply doesn't work reliably for me.
https://youtu.be/xdG8lWAZxFQ

6 hours ago, EliGrim said:

it is a matter of timing to have planes leave the runways at a certain taxiway
I prefer to use the VACATE RUNWAY command when the plane is at about 500 feet above the ground. For me this works most reliably.I don't use the EXIT AT TAXIWAY command at all because it simply doesn't work reliably for me.

As explained above, for OMDB there is not really enough time to use either command 
When any aircraft that should be directed a direct route to Terminal 2 has successfully landed it is less than one second from K9
I have now found out why this was sometimes working a few days ago but had stopped recently
I was using the pause button and just by luck the aircraft was at the correct position
Lately I had stopped doing so as I had become more familiar with the airport and my voice commands were not being rejected so frequently

It would have been helpful that the strip confirmed the exit and route, just like it does for departing aircraft