The simFlight Network Forums

PFChid64.dll support for ms2020

paddler

I can not get FSUIPC to recognize and therefore calibrate axis on PFC C2 Professional USB console.It has recognized and calibrated my MFG pedals. The C2 device is recognized by MSFS as a control device. I do have FSUIPC 6 working successfully in P3Dv5.

10 minutes ago, paddler said:

I can not get FSUIPC to recognize and therefore calibrate axis on PFC C2 Professional USB console.It has recognized and calibrated my MFG pedals. The C2 device is recognized by MSFS as a control device. I do have FSUIPC 6 working successfully in P3Dv5.

You posted in a thread about PFCcom64.dll, which is for serial port PFC devices, not USB.  Are you sure you have installed the correct driver, PFChid64.dll?

Does MSFS recognise the axes -- all of them, including the throttle quadrant? and all of the switches and dials? Are there displays being driven?

Pete

Pete,

Apology for the wrong thread, I suppose that I targeted PFC in the title instead of wanting to generate a new PFC thread. I do have PFChid64.dll installed. MSFS lists the C2 but it also does not seem to recognize any of the components such as yoke, throttle nor dials or switches when I try to set them in MSFS either. I have validated and calibrated everything within the PFC Test GUI and PFC Calibration programs and all seems to be fine. I am totally stymied by what is not connecting properly. I have been using the 172 as the plane to establish an initial FSUIPC calibration. In the FSUIPC7 folder I imported my old FSUIPC6.ini file and renamed it to FSUIPC7.ini and all of the old P3D aircraft are shown in the profiles folder.

Rick

Hi,

do see axis in Windows Control Panel-->All Control Panel Items-->Devices and Printers-->Game Controllers Settings-->... ?

If not then the C2 Pro is not configured to use the axis as Joystick controller but then the axis will be recognized by FSUIPC, if the PFChid64.dll is placed in FSUIPC7 folder.

The PFChid64.dll has to be the latest version from Download Links or FSUIPC.com , as earlier versions didn't work for FSUIPC7.

Download Links

PFC HID device driver for FS9, FSX, FSX-SE and P3D PFCHID
includes PFChid.DLL for 32-bit sims, and PFChid64.dll for P3D4 , P3D5 and MSFS (FS2020)

FSUIPC.com

PFC DLL includes PFC.DLL for FSX/P3D1-3, and PFChid64.dll for P3D4 , P3D5 and MSFS (FS2020)

Thomas

12 hours ago, paddler said:

I have validated and calibrated everything within the PFC Test GUI and PFC Calibration programs and all seems to be fine. I am totally stymied by what is not connecting properly.

Sorry, I'm a little confused by this part. "all seems to be fine" but "not connecting properly". Can you elaborate for me, please?

12 hours ago, paddler said:

I imported my old FSUIPC6.ini file and renamed it to FSUIPC7.ini and all of the old P3D aircraft are shown in the profiles folder.

The names of aircraft in MSFS won't be the same, so if your only assignments are to specific P3d aircraft they won't be applied in MSFS.

Pete

Hello Pete,

When I couldn't get FSUIPC7 to pick up any of the PFC controls when attempting to calibrate axes, there was no indications on scan of axes input or on calibration of axes, I went through the "standard procedures" of unplugging and plugging in the C2 Console, restarting the computer and also using the PFC Test GUI and PFC Calibration programs to ensure that the C2 console was functioning properly in them. It was. So the C2 console is connected and working on the computer. As indicated earlier, when I couldn't get FSUIPC7 to recognize the console I also went into MSFS Controls to see if I could calibrate it there. The C2 console was recognized but I couldn't seem to bind buttons or axes for it in MSFS either, though this may be because I am not yet familiar with the MSFS process for doing so. I would prefer not to use MSFS controls, I like the flexibility of FSUIPC.

Sorry, I couldn't attach a file working on a separate computer) but here is what I have in my FSUIPC7 folder located on the same drive as MSFS.

• Folder Profiles (- all the separate P3D aircraft profiles)
  • FSUIPC7 before Profiles.ini
  • FSUIPC7.exe
  • FSUIPC7.ini
  • FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv
  • FSUIPC7.key
  • FSUIPC.LOG
  • FSUIPC7-prev.log
  • offsetStates-V0.1.ods
  • PFChid64.dll
  • PFCmacroIndex.csv
  • Readme.txt
  • SimConnect.dll

As indicated before FSUIPC7 does connect with MSFS.

I had copied over my FSUIPC6.ini and renamed it to capture all of the general assignments such as single engine prop etc. Should I just delete this and let FSUIPC7 build a new .ini file and start from scratch? Do I just delete my renamed file and rename the FSUIPC7 before Profiles.ini (assuming that this file came about when I started MSFS because I already had installed my old renamed .ini file).

Thanks for all of your help, I do know how busy you are right now.

Rick

1 hour ago, paddler said:

Should I just delete this and let FSUIPC7 build a new .ini file and start from scratch?

If all your assignments are in Profiles then, yes, that would be a good idea. Otherwise just delete the Profiles folder and all of the Profile specific sections of the INI and start off with your generic assignments.

You can provide text files here very easily -- ZIP them first, then they aren't very big.

Pete

Hello Pete,

None of that worked. I went into MSFS Controls and deleted any assignments for the rudder and brakes for my MFG Crosswind rudder pedals. I attempted to do the same for the C2 Pro console but was unable to find any assigned. After verifying again my FSUIPC7 axes assignments and calibrations for the rudder pedals. Now there was no response from the rudder pedals in MSFS.

Rick

3 minutes ago, paddler said:

After verifying again my FSUIPC7 axes assignments and calibrations for the rudder pedals. Now there was no response from the rudder pedals in MSFS.

So you can assign and calibrate in FSUIPC7, but the result has no affect in MSFS? That's stange, as all the main axes are definitely working well. Some of the more esoteric ones aren't (like aileron trim, rudder trim, and all the slew axes).

I think you need to enable Axis logging in FSUIPC7, then do a test -- just with one axis, like rudder. no need to fly, just make sure MSFS is running and ready. then ZIP up both the FSUIPC7.LOG file and your FSUIPC7.INI file. Oh, also the FSUIPC7.Joyscan.csv file if there is one. Attach the ZIPs to a reply here.

Pete

Just now, Thomas Richter said:

do you have as well the related PFChid64.log and PFChid64.ini files in the FSUIPC7 folder?

Oh, yes. Thanks Thomas. i should have asked for those, though for the HID driver probably the more important logs are the FSUIPC ones.

I'll need to leave looking at them till morning anyway. Off to bed now!

Pete

7 hours ago, paddler said:

The additional two files as requested.

Thank you. I was just going to start looking at the files, but:

The "FSUIPC.ini.test.txt.7z" can't be opened (even by 7zip) -- seems to be fault. Could you try again -- but make sure, please, that it is actually "FSUIPC7.INI", the one you are using. The modified name is a little worrying (same as the name change of the Log "FSUIPC7_prev test.log".

Pete

As well as needing a good FSUIPC.INI file to look at, next time you test the Cirrus with FS2020 please first change these highlit lines into your PFChid64.INI file:

[Debug]
Console=No
LogComms=No
LogData=No
LogDecode=Yes
LogDevices=Yes
LogDeviceChanges=Yes
LogToDebugger=No
LogIPCwrites=Yes
LogMacroNames=No
LogLoopActions=No
LogTxData=No
LogReadCounts=No

Then upload the PFChid64.log, Zipped, please.

As far as I understand you, the Cirrus was working fine on P3D5  though you didn't specifically mention the use of PFChid64.DLL - you just said "I do have FSUIPC 6 working successfully in P3Dv5."  Can you clarify that please?

With FSUIPC7 + PFChid64 do you mean you get nothing registered from the Cirrus is FSUIPC's "Buttons & switches", nor "Axes"? Try using the FSUIPC logging facility -- log Buttons/Keys and also Axes.  Then try some of the Cirrus buttons and switches, and one move each for the axes (yoke, throttle, trim). ZIP up the FSUIPC7.Log for me too -- but ONLY if you get a response ot anything in the assignments tabs.

Pete

Pete,

Yes I had it all working in P3D v4 and V5. It worked in V5 with the PFChid64.DLL.9 This morning when I just tested again as per your latest request the throttle, prop and mixture axes were recognized and calibrated and worked in the sim. The yoke was still not recognized in FSUIPC7 for axes assignment nor calibration but they were recognized and worked in the MSFS sim. The C2 yoke that I have is their Jetliner model. Most buttons tested were recognized by FSUIPC7 but the rocker switch assigned to Elevator Trim by the C2 Console did not show. None of the other switches such as lights etc worked either. The Flaps switch did. Below are the new zipped files for the last test.

Thanks again for all of your efforts.

Rick

FSUIPC7.zip

45 minutes ago, paddler said:

Below are the new zipped files for the last test.

The file you attached is empty. Can you try again please?

the throttle, prop and mixture axes were recognized and calibrated and worked in the sim.

So, this was definitely with FSUIPC7 assignments and calibrations?

The yoke was still not recognized in FSUIPC7 for axes assignment nor calibration but they were recognized and worked in the MSFS sim.

So this is different from what I understood. So the normal Joystick type axes are okay in P3D5 after all?  It's rather strange then that they aren't seen as normal joystick axes in FSUIPC7.

Another user (Thomas, in fact), told me this:

The Axes can be reprogrammed via a PFC tool to be a Joystick or via Driver (PFChid) only. So it depends on what his is programmed to. Here definitely not as a Joystick controller and so I don't see it as a Joystick controller with axes and buttons but only as a HID device.
I can see the axes only in FSUIPC 

I'm not sure I've ever encountered another user with this setting. In P3D how were the yoke axes seen? (What Joystick IDs in the Assignments tab).  Don't worry remembering, just show me your FSUIPC6.INI file, please.

Most buttons tested were recognized by FSUIPC7 but the rocker switch assigned to Elevator Trim by the C2 Console did not show. None of the other switches such as lights etc worked either.

I'm a bit concerned about the contrast between your "Most ..." and then "None of...".  Can you clarify please. If "most" switches are okay, surely listing the ones which aren't wouldn't be too arduous. Trim Up and Trim Down, plus all light switches (what's that, 4?). What are the "others" please?

And by not working, do you mean not seen by FSUIPC or not working in MSFS.  Many of the Event controls used are broken in MSFS and we're waiting for ASOBO to fix them. With a list i can try them here.

Oh, I've fixed PFChid64.dll so that it doesn't fill its log up with lines about "pfc.mcro" when you are using one! You can download it again to replace your copy. It doesn't change anything else though -- just removes the spurious logging.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

47 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

The file you attached is empty. Can you try again please?

So, this was definitely with FSUIPC7 assignments and calibrations? 

A. Yes that is correct.

So this is different from what I understood. So the normal Joystick type axes are okay in P3D5 after all?  It's rather strange then that they aren't seen as normal joystick axes in FSUIPC7.

Another user (Thomas, in fact), told me this:

The Axes can be reprogrammed via a PFC tool to be a Joystick or via Driver (PFChid) only. So it depends on what his is programmed to. Here definitely not as a Joystick controller and so I don't see it as a Joystick controller with axes and buttons but only as a HID device.
I can see the axes only in FSUIPC 

A. I have no idea where I would find such a PFC tool or how and what to modify in the Driver PFChid.

I'm not sure I've ever encountered another user with this setting. In P3D how were the yoke axes seen? (What Joystick IDs in the Assignments tab).  Don't worry remembering, just show me your FSUIPC6.INI file, please.

A. zipped FSUIPC6 file attached below.

I'm a bit concerned about the contrast between your "Most ..." and then "None of...".  Can you clarify please. If "most" switches are okay, surely listing the ones which aren't wouldn't be too arduous. Trim Up and Trim Down, plus all light switches (what's that, 4?). What are the "others" please?

And by not working, do you mean not seen by FSUIPC or not working in MSFS.  Many of the Event controls used are broken in MSFS and we're waiting for ASOBO to fix them. With a list i can try them here.

A. I will do a list of PFC buttons and switches and send that along in a few minutes.

Oh, I've fixed PFChid64.dll so that it doesn't fill its log up with lines about "pfc.mcro" when you are using one! You can download it again to replace your copy. It doesn't change anything else though -- just removes the spurious logging.

Pete

Pete,

See responses above.

Rick

FSUIPC6.zip

Pete,

As of my last test and flight just completed all of the C2 switches work in MSFS. All Jetliner yoke buttons that are not preassigned by PFC show up in FSUIPC7 for assignment (which I have not yet done). So buttons A 0,1,2,3,4,5,7 and 8 do sshow in FSUIPC for assignment. I will now download the new PFChid64.dll.

Thanks.

Rick

21 hours ago, paddler said:

As of my last test and flight just completed all of the C2 switches work in MSFS.

Okay.

Also, according to the Logs you supplied earlier (3 messages above), the axes are all responding okay too. So can you now list exactly what isn't working for you? i'm still a bit confused about it.

If you are still using your FSUIPC6.INI renamed to FSUIPC7.INI, none of your Profile files will be working as the names of the aircraft in the assorted [Profile....] section of the INI won't match any of the MSFS names. So the general assignments will apply, and there you don't have any made for the yoke, only for the rudder & brakes (not on the Cirrus), and Throttle, PItch and Mixture on the quadrant.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks. I have company coming over so will get back to you late this afternoon. I really just need to verify if the yoke axes show up in FSUIPC7 yet for assignments and calibration. The yoke does now have proper effect within MSFS while flying. I have deleted my FSUIPC6.ini renamed file and downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC7 before a very earl flight this morning to see if turning AI traffic to 0 had any affect upon my severely decreased frame rates ( down to 10-15 from 21-25).

Thanks.

Rick

Hi,

I picked up and connected the C2 Pro here now.

The C2 has for axes they are different, Ail / Elev / Ail-Trim / Rud-Trim.

The Controller are seen by both MSFS and FSUIPC but neither can see those axes. You will find that you will not see any axes working in Windows Game Controller panel.

Can you confirm this?

I really just need to verify if the yoke axes show up in FSUIPC7 yet for assignments

Only the Throttle axes will be recognized in FSUIPC but not in MSFS.

Thomas