The simFlight Network Forums

Help... Missing assignments

danny78

21 minutes ago, danny78 said:

i have installe FSUIPC 7 and now i can not for example not assign a yoke-button to PTT. I am missing Assignments within FSUIPC7

The picture you post is just of the basic FSUIPC7 window so I don't know why you posted it. what was the point of the picture?

Assignments are, as usual, done via Menu facilities. Have you looked in the Menus?

Pete

EDIT: Opened new thread instead of piggybacking on this in case it's a different issue

I have the same issue, I just uninstalled and re-installed using the installer located here:   http://www.fsuipc.com/download/FSUIPC7.zip

Is there a newer link? The about window says it expired on 8 September 2020. I've been using the beta all of October before this. 

The key file was created on 10/28/2020 but this is what is says inside:

[User]
Name=MSFS Beta License
Address=Time Limited to 08/11/2020

Edited by Joe Nekrasz

Hmmmm.  I've done that three times now.  When the key screen comes up, I have skipped, tried on one install to continue with the pre-populated info, etc.  I even tried on one of the installs to put my license info from FSUIPC6 purchase in there off of SIMMarket.  Maybe I'm accessing the wrong link for the latest install.  Would you be so kind as to direct me to the correct download link?

Then you are not using the latest installer. What is the build date of the FSUIPC7 version you are using? If its not 30/10/2020 then you need to update - check your FSUIPC7.log file, or the Help -> About dialog.

Also, when downloading, maybe your browser is giving you a cached/older copy of the installer, so try clearing your cache.

I have checked all 4 available downloadable files and they are all correct.

John

1 hour ago, N987PL said:

Will do  John.  I've done that all three attempts.  Ran the uninstaller, made sure that Windows had also removed from programs so the registry was cleaned up.  Will try again.

Check to see if you have an older version installed in a different folder. For some reason I had an older beta installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\FSUIPC but this latest installed to C:\FSUIPC. That was the cause of my issues. 

I take it you are running the one on the desktop, no? If so, try running the one in the folder that also has the key file. There is no .log or .ini in that folder, so it hasn't been ran. That's where you installed and where the key file is. There is no key file on your desktop. If you want to run it from there (not recommended!), then you need a key file on the desktop.

Its usual to drag a shortcut to an application to the desktop, not the application itself!

I would remove those desktop files, and create a shortcut instead if you want one. 

Hi,

your last pic shows that you have FSUIPC7.exe as well on the desktop, WHY?? If you start that EXE then the LOG and INI file is of course placed in the same location. As the Key file is in a different location FSUIPC7 runs as not registered.

Remove the files from desktop and uninstall FSUIPC7. Make sure the installation folder is empty and all referenced FSUIPC7 start icons are deleted. Then do a new installation but make also sure you don't install from the ZIP file, it should be in any case unzipped in a different folder.

Thomas

John and Thomas.  That's my point.  When I run the .exe out of my H: FSUIPC7 folder, the .ini and .log files went to my desktop.  I didn't direct it there.  Before, my .ini and log files were placed in my application folder (FSUIPC) that I created after running the .exe.  I'll go through your instructions about uninstalling again Thomas.  I"ve been through this process multiple times now.  Thanks for responding.  Right now, I"m at a loss after using FSUIP7 successfully since MSFS release.  And, Thomas, that IS my process.  I unzip to a working folder, run the .exe from there and direct it to my H: FSUIPC7 folder.  Again, same thing I've done over and over again.

Well, I think I figured it out, although I can't explain it.  I had been running the .exe (right click run as Administrator) on the install.  For some reason it was creating a phantom .ini and log on my desktop instead of in my FSUIPC7 folder.  I tried just clicking on the .exe and everything was placed where it was supposed to.  MSFS is connected and everything is working.  MUCH appreciate your willingness to hang with me on this.  I'm a long-time licensed user of FSUIPC and I look forward to purchasing FSUIPC7!  Update - The issue was copying the original .exe from my installation folder to the desktop instead of just putting a shortcut on the desktop.  By placing the FSUIPC7.exe file on the desktop, it was placing a new .ini file and log on the desktop when running.  Once I changed the desktop icon to a shortcut and left the FSUIPC7.exe in my installation directory, all's well.