The simFlight Network Forums

Ignore Axis

Hi:

I use both Honeycomb Yoke and Thrustmaster Joystick.

I've built a profile for FSLabs Airbus but I cannot get FSUIPC to ignore the axis of the X & Y axis of the Honeycomb yoke.

-I select "profile" button in the axis tab.

-I move the X axis and hit the "ignore" button.

-I hit "OK"

-I repeat the process for the Y axis.

But when I'm back in the cockpit and move the Honeycomb yoke, the flight control of the airplane keeps responding.

I want the axis to be ignored but not buttons.  

Thanks,

Aaron Ortega

9 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I use both Honeycomb Yoke and Thrustmaster Joystick.

I've built a profile for FSLabs Airbus but I cannot get FSUIPC to ignore the axis of the X & Y axis of the Honeycomb yoke.

-I select "profile" button in the axis tab.

-I move the X axis and hit the "ignore" button.

-I hit "OK"

-I repeat the process for the Y axis.

But when I'm back in the cockpit and move the Honeycomb yoke, the flight control of the airplane keeps responding.

As the documentation does explain, the Ignore facility in the assignment tab is merely to ignore it whilst assigning, in case an axis is constantly jittering and so supplanting the one you want before you can get to assign it.

To "ignore" an axis for a specific aircraft or profile you simply delete its assignment. If it isn't actually assigned it is ignored when you are back in the cockpit. This is what profiles are for.

Pete

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

As the documentation does explain, the Ignore facility in the assignment tab is merely to ignore it whilst assigning, in case an axis is constantly jittering and so supplanting the one you want before you can get to assign it.

To "ignore" an axis for a specific aircraft or profile you simply delete its assignment. If it isn't actually assigned it is ignored when you are back in the cockpit. This is what profiles are for.

Pete

Ok.  I'll give that a go.  Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I've noticed that if I assign letters and delete the numbered entries for controllers in fsuipc6.ini that the numbers come back the next time I start the simulator. 

1.  Is there anyway to prevent that.  I thought if I had letters assigned it should not put the numbers back in.

2.  If I understand correctly, if I just let it do whatever it wants in the main fsuipc6.ini but put the letter assignments in the aircraft profile then the numbers will NOT show up for the aircraft - is that correct?1

14 hours ago, DakotaPilot said:

I've noticed that if I assign letters and delete the numbered entries for controllers in fsuipc6.ini that the numbers come back the next time I start the simulator. 

1.  Is there anyway to prevent that.  I thought if I had letters assigned it should not put the numbers back in.

No, the number entries are needed. The numbers assigned to yout devices are read from the registry, and then mapped to the letters based upon the GUID (and name). Both entries are needed in that section as this shows the mapping between the letters and the IDs.
Ince you are using joyletters, the letters are used in the assignment sections.

14 hours ago, DakotaPilot said:

2.  If I understand correctly, if I just let it do whatever it wants in the main fsuipc6.ini but put the letter assignments in the aircraft profile then the numbers will NOT show up for the aircraft - is that correct?1

You don't really need to 'put the letter assignments in the aircraft profile' - this is all done automarically. Once you are using JoyLetters, you will see the assigned letter in the assignments panels rather than the JoyId. Thats it really, nothing complicated. If you are manually editing the ini then you should also use the joyletters, but if you use the joyids they will be converted back to letters using the current mapping the next time the ini is re-written.

I wouldn't worry about this. You can use the letters in most situations, but sometimes the joyIds are needed and so the mapping section is useful.

John

I normally use the letters in my profiles instead of numbers as it helps me remember what controller it is.  I've been not worrying about it until I got a new yoke and throttle setup and had to deal with both numbers and letters which I did not remember doing before.

I'll not worry about it then.

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, DakotaPilot said:

I got a new yoke and throttle setup and had to deal with both numbers and letters

But you shouldn't nee to do anything if you have AutoAssignLetters set to Yes - any new device will automatically be assigned a device letter.
However, if not using that option, you do need to manually assign a letter to a newly connected device. To do this, you change the number to a letter in the [JoyNames] section for both the GUID and name entries of the new device. When FSUIPC is restarted, it then adds back in the joyid entries for the letter mapping to function correctly.

John

Ensure you label your usb cables and ALWAYS bung 'em into the same usb slots on your PC... or the world ... MAY ... end. 🤣

I label them say "Saitek Throttle Quadrant" and "Rear USB Top Outer"  -- or "Hub Port 2" for example.

Work out an abbreviated system / draw a diagram, whatever to make it easier... !

16 minutes ago, Gabe_62 said:

ALWAYS bung 'em into the same usb slots on your PC... or the world ... MAY ... end.

This really shouldn't be necessary, especially if using the JoyLetters facility. This handles changes in Joy Ids, but not GUIDs, but they shouldn't change when changing USB ports. A change if GUIDs will always need some manual editing if the FSUIPC .ini file, but is straightforward when using JoyLetters, more complicated otherwise...

John