The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG B737-700: LEDs for A/P P/RST, A/T P/RST, FMC P/RST not working

hermann

*** Moved to FSUIPC7 support sub-forum ***

Hello from Austria!

As above said, LEDs for A/P P/RST, A/T P/RST, FMC P/RST are not working.

I tried these offsets: 

65F1 2 BYTE x 2 MAIN_annunAP[2] Boolean

65F3 1 BYTE MAIN_annunAP_Amber[2] Boolean

65F4 2 BYTE x 2 MAIN_annunAT[2] Boolean

65F6 1 BYTE MAIN_annunAT_Amber[2] Boolean

65F7 2 BYTE x 2 MAIN_annunFMC[2] Boolean

FSUIPC Vers 7.3.8  

Thanks in advance for your help

Rgds Hermann

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to FSUIPC7 support forum

There is not much I can do about this at the moment as the SDK for the PMDG 737-700 has still not been published, and I have received no information in SDK updates since version 3.0.25. I will take another look at the PMDG offsets but any information that you can provide is helpful - such as what is the last offset that is holding the correct information?

...maybe try the following offsets, adjusted backwards from 65FD which has been reported as MAIN_annunSPEEDBRAKE_ARMED:

65F3 2 BYTE x 2 MAIN_annunAP[2] Boolean

65F5 1 BYTE MAIN_annunAP_Amber[2] Boolean

65F6 2 BYTE x 2 MAIN_annunAT[2] Boolean

65F8 1 BYTE MAIN_annunAT_Amber[2] Boolean

65F9 2 BYTE x 2 MAIN_annunFMC[2] Boolean

65FB 1 BYTE x 2 MAIN_DisengageTestSelector[2]

i.e. adjust the offsets by 2 bytes,

It would be useful to determine the first offset that needs adjusting for this (or the last offset that is valid). It looks as if a new 2-byte variable has been added but I'm, not sure where...

John

Ok, I found the issue. The MAIN_annunAP_Amber[2] (65F3) and MAIN_annunAT_Amber[2] (65F6) were only allocated 1 byte each. This accounts for the 2-byte difference.
So, the correct offsets are as follows:

65F1

BYTE x 2

MAIN_annunAP[2]

Boolean

65F3

BYTE

MAIN_annunAP_Amber[2]

Boolean

65F5

BYTE x 2

MAIN_annunAT[2]

Boolean

65F7

BYTE

MAIN_annunAT_Amber[2]

Boolean

65F9

BYTE x 2

MAIN_annunFMC[2]

Boolean

65FB

BYTE x 2

MAIN_DisengageTestSelector[2]

0: 1 1: OFF 2: 2

Updated document attached.

John

Offset Mapping for PMDG 737-700.pdf

Sorry, but no lamp is lighten.

The last offset where a lamp is ok is 65F9. All others below not. 

These three lamps have an own testswitch: (1) for red and (2) for amber.  

With this switch only FMC works.

But when I use the main-test-switch for the lights, then AP and AT light, but FMC not (what for FMC is ok, I think). So I mean that AP and AT are assigned to some other lights .

46 minutes ago, hermann said:

Sorry, but no lamp is lighten.

What do you mean by this? The PMDG offsets only report state, you cannot write to them.

If the offsets are not holding the correct data, then there is nothing I can do about this - they are just populated from what is received from the FS.
I believe those offsets to now be correct, according to the SDK header file that I have, Offsets 0x65EA (MAIN_NoseWheelSteeringSwNORM) and 0x65FD (MAIN_annunSPEEDBRAKE_ARMED) are correct, and those inbetween are assigned based upon the latest NG3 SDK header file. I am not that familiar with the 737, so cannot verify those offsets (it is not clear to me what they should contain), but if there are any issues, nothing can be done until the SDK has been published, and then (assuming the SDK header file is correct - if not I will update once published) it will be an issue for PMDG.

1 hour ago, hermann said:

With this switch only FMC works.

But when I use the main-test-switch for the lights, then AP and AT light, but FMC not (what for FMC is ok, I think). So I mean that AP and AT are assigned to some other lights .

Maybe ask about this on the PMDG forums, but I don't think this will be supported (by PMDG) until the SDK is released, but you may get a response from another PMDG user.

John

2 hours ago, Djeez said:

Indeed, these offsets do not work as expected,

You mean that they don't hold the expected data values...

2 hours ago, Djeez said:

and neither do the corresponding LVar's, such as L:switch_3391_73X

Not sure about that one - do you mean that that also does not hold the correct value? Which switch is that? Is there a mapping of (lvar) switch number to function anywhere?

You can control the switches using the Rotor Brake controls. But I guess you know that and are trying to determine the state of these switches, no?
I'll check to see if I can see any lvars that hold the state.

John

Sorry about not being clear.

The Rotor brake controls do work. My intention is to light up LEDs when the A/P, A/T, or FMC button light up and for that I need to either inspect the offsets, or the LVars.

What I see (as Hermann posted) is that the value is always 0, regardless of the state in the virtual cockpit on screen. This is for both the offset as well as the LVar, for all three (A/P, A/T, FMC).

-Emile.

Yes, that's what I (eventually) understood, but thanks for clarifying.

Sounds like it is an issue for PMDG, but as the SDK has still not yet been officially published, there is not that much that can be done at the moment.

I will take a look though, but, as I said, I'm not that familiar with the 737 at the moment and I'm not sure how to get these to light up - they flash or either remain off. I need to get more familiar with the aircraft's systems and cockpit layout anyway...

Cheers,

John

What I see (as Hermann posted) is that the value is always 0, regardless of the state in the virtual cockpit on screen. This is for both the offset as well as the LVar, for all three (A/P, A/T, FMC)

In the meantime I found out, that FMC button is ligting up when I use address 65F9 (1 byte)

Rgds Hermann

19 minutes ago, hermann said:

In the meantime I found out, that FMC button is ligting up when I use address 65F9 (1 byte)

That is as (newly) documented :

65F9 2 BYTE x 2 MAIN_annunFMC[2] Boolean

I guess the next byte 65FA is for the copilot button. The other offsets must be correct then, just not populated correctly by PMDG.

Cheers,

John

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/1/2022 at 7:33 PM, John Dowson said:

That is as (newly) documented :

I guess the next byte 65FA is for the copilot button. The other offsets must be correct then, just not populated correctly by PMDG.

Cheers,

John

Hi again! 

Have you got some news from PMDG meanwhile? 

Best regards 

Hermann 

11 hours ago, hermann2441 said:

Have you got some news from PMDG meanwhile? 

Well, the SDK has been published so you can raise a ticket on this issue now if needed - or I guess I could do this... Are 65F1/65F2 (MAIN_annunAP) and 65F5/65F6 (MAIN_annunAT) still not populated correctly (it was commented that 65F9 holding MAIN_annunFMC was)? Please try first with the latest 737-700 version (3.0.56)  and let me know if those are working or not.

John

I see offsets 65F3/65F4 alternating between 0/1 when the AP annunciator is flashing orange, and 65F1/65F2 alternating between 9/1 when flashing red (and the alarm sounding), so those offset certainly seem to be working. And also offsets 65F5/65F6 alternating between 1/0 when the A/T annunciator is flashing orange. So all seems ok to me - haven't checked 65F3/65F4, but presume those are also ok.

So, the annunciator offsets for A/P P/RST, A/T P/RST, FMC P/RST all seem to be correct.

John

2 hours ago, hermann said:

Is it correct to set 65f1 to 4 byte to switch this LED  on in both cases? 

And the same with 65f5?

In the moment it works, but I hope you can confirm it.

You cannot set them - the PMDG offsets are read only. To control PMDG aircraft, use custom controls - see the following FAQ entry:

This is a misunderstanding:

I have a LED connected with an output connected via Mobiflight and Offset 65F1.

This LED lights when FS2020 sends 'AP red' 

I want THE SAME led to light when FS2020 sends 'AP orange' via 65F3.

So I use Offset 65F1 but with 4 bytes. 

It works perfekt but for sure I asked you, if there could be some side effects. 

Brgds Hermann 

Apologies if I'm not posting this in the right place.  My Precision Flight Controls Throttle Quadrant works with all other airplanes in MSFS....BUT not the CRJ 500/700/900 or the PMDG 737.  I went to page 2 in the EFB for the CRJ as instructed on their forum, but the axis were not "seen" by the EFB utility.  In PMDG, throttle 1 axis worked fine, but not throttle 2.  There was some issue with the reverse lever on throttle 2 being very eratic in it's movement, and the throttle would not advance.  Anyone else have this issue with both airplanes?  Again, the Baron and Diamond DA62 work fine (both axis' are mapped in FSUIPC correctly) in MSFS and have worked fine since I installed MSFS 2 years ago, but both the CRJ and PMDG 737 are not working.

11 hours ago, N987PL said:

Apologies if I'm not posting this in the right place. 

Of course this is the wrong place - what does your question have to do with the PMDG 737 Leds for A/P P/RST, A/T P/RST, FMC P/RST, that this topic is about?
I am not going to answer your question here (or even read it fully). Please find a relevant topic, and if you cannot find one then create a new topic with a relevant title. I will delete your comment (and my response) from this topic in a few days.

You have over 44 posts already and so you should really know how and where to post by now....

Note also I am away this weekend, so will not be responding now until Monday.

John