The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot move windows to other monitors

Bolar492

Hi,

Since updating to SP3 I can't move any of the windows to my other monitors. I have everything set Administrator and I've tried without Administrator as well. I have also tried each airport in turn to see if it is just one or more is not working, but it appears it id all of them. I have tried changing settings but nothing seem to help. Also, I am not getting a log file anywhere to send .

Alan

How are you attempting to move the windows and what happens when you try?

You should see a file called output_log.txt in your tower3d_data folder or if you start the sim using tower3d.bat you should have a game.log folder in the root directory. 

There's also an output_log.txt in the \Tower!3D Pro\mmwindow\mmwindow_Data folder that might have some information of worth.

Hey Alan,

Please navigate to Tower's mmwindow folder and launch dbrite.bat and adirs.bat as Administrator. It will then generate and adirs.log and dbrite.log. After you get both the files please post here.

Hope this makes things easier for you. We are waiting for the two files so, that we can help you further to resolve the issues.

Thank you,

AJ

Where is Tower!3D Pro installed.  You might try a different directory or drive.  I use E:\Games for my installation.  I find that installing to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) has issues changing or writing files in those directories due to both antivirus and Windows.  Try a different directory such a C:\Games if you don't have a second hard disk and see if that helps any.

Right, I am getting really fed up with this issue and the infrequent responses I am getting from Feelthere I have done everything they have instructed me to do, but still it doesn't work They keep asking for logfiles from the mmWindows after running them individually as administrator. The problem with that request is there are NO LOGFILES to send. I have now just uninstalled everything to do with Tower!3D Pro, and any registry entries as well. I then did a clean install of 3D Pro, hoping that would fix it. Was I being stupid to think that might do the trick???

Well, the same thing happened, and now I don't know where to go with this as Feelthere don't appear to be interested in this problem.  

So, C'mon Feelthere, get your thinking caps on and get this problem fixed.

Alan

Alan,

When you say infrequent, we answered you every single day. By all due respect we took Christmas off ourselves too.
There is nothing to fix on our software related to this problem; obviously something is happening on your computer that is blocking even our bat file to create a log file (which does for pretty much everyone). So please make sure you fix your computer's read/write permission, firewall and antivirus. Once you can provide us the log files we can help you. Until you can't then  you need to make sure your computer is not blocking the software.

Vic

Hi Alan

Feel There are on the money for me, I remember when I installed the program it did block some files and this indeed caused the issue, I havent totally resolved it as I have not had time yet but as soon as I disable my anti Virus it immediately worked

thanks

Wayne

Alan

Yes its definitely Anti Virus software that's causing it for me, I have uninstalled tower 3D and made some changes in my Av software such as to not automatically  delete some tower files and added some exceptions for steam but I think the damage has been done. I suspect it will be necessary to remove all traces of Tower 3D from steam and to uninstall and reinstall my Av with those AV changes so next time I install AV and tower 3D it does not block those tower files, in the mean time just disable your anti virus when you play until you can find a solution, hopefully that's your issue too. I will let you know if this works for me

Cheers

Wayne