The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.03 and GFDevFSX problem

Hello,

Sine I've upgraded FSUIPC 4.02 to FSUIPC 4.03, when I launch FSX, GFDevFSX (Software Bridge to Goflight Modules) crash during initialisation processus.

When I close GFDevFSX.exe in "Windows Crash Error Dialog" FSX finish initialisation, and It avalaible, with all FSUIPC functions. But GoFlight Modules not work.

The only think I do in FSX was to upgrade FSUIPC 4.02 to FSUIPC 4.03.

Software : FSX RTM US version.

Golfight FSX capable drivers : 1.70

FSUIPC : 4.03 (registred)

Pete, have you heard same problem with another virtual pilote with same configuration ?

Can you tel me where I can download previous FSUIPC 4 version (4.02) ?

Thanks

Sine I've upgraded FSUIPC 4.02 to FSUIPC 4.03, when I launch FSX, GFDevFSX (Software Bridge to Goflight Modules) crash during initialisation processus.

That sounds as if, with FSUIPC4 now delaying its initialisation to avoid the serious crashing of FSX when two or more SimConnect clients are being loaded together, it is clashing with Goflight's initialisation.

Does the Goflight program generate a Security Warning dialogue at all?

These sorts of SimConnect problems have been notified to Microsoft and we are awaiting a solution. In the meantime it would be best to avoid running your GDDevFSX.exe program until AFTER FS is loaded and ready, or at least until the loading progress bar is well past its half-way mark.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

I also use FSUIPC4 4.03 together with GoFlight modules and the new Driver 1.70.

I don't have any problems.

I never get a Warning window, Security Warning dialogue or Error.

Also not at the first start after installing the driver 1.70.

The way to run I use is

1/ Start FSX

2/ If FSX is running I start the GoFlight driver.

The way to run I use is

1/ Start FSX

2/ If FSX is running I start the GoFlight driver.

Thank you for the confirmation. It seems it is likely related to the SimConnect start-up problems already reported.

Whether there's a separate solution which can be implemented in the GoFlight driver, I don't know. Hopefully, if the appropriate information is sent to GoFlight, they can also work out a way to avoid the problem. Since in this case it is the EXE crashing rather than FSX itself, it seems that a programmed recovery should be possible.

Regards

Pete

Whether there's a separate solution which can be implemented in the GoFlight driver, I don't know. Hopefully, if the appropriate information is sent to GoFlight, they can also work out a way to avoid the problem. Since in this case it is the EXE crashing rather than FSX itself, it seems that a programmed recovery should be possible.

Thank's EW321 and Pete,

I've deactivate Goflight EXE bridge in EXE.XML file (Appalication Data/Microsoft/FSX folder).

And started manualy GF EXE Bridge when FSX is ready, and plane loaded by FLT.

It's work fine now.

I've deactivate Goflight EXE bridge in EXE.XML file (Appalication Data/Microsoft/FSX folder).

And started manualy GF EXE Bridge when FSX is ready, and plane loaded by FLT.

It's work fine now.

Hopefully MS will fix this problem soon so such work-arounds won't be needed.

Regards

Pete

Do you know how to stop GFC from auto starting? I have looked but can't seem to find how it auto starts with FSX.

Then I didn't know it did autostart -- but as CyberAvia says above, it will be because it adds itself to the EXE.XML file in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file. Just change the relevant entry in that to show

True

for now. Or simply rename the file so it won't even be used.

When/if MS fixes the problems of two or more Simconnect clients loading together you can change it back.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks! That sounds like what I need to disable.

One other unrelated question if I may.

What is a "good" number for the FS Data Rate? I mean one that would provide adequate data transfer; maybe I mean a minimum value. I have always had mini pauses in the pmRJ PFD/ND. When I run the pmRJ without connection to FS, I get a very smooth movement of the PFD and ND. Once connected via WideFS, the movement is choppy. I'm still looking over my network configuration. I know the problem is in there somewhere.

Regards,

Richard

What is a "good" number for the FS Data Rate? I mean one that would provide adequate data transfer; maybe I mean a minimum value.

The WideFS frame rate should match the FS frame rate. Anything around or above 20 fps should be okay -- even less does actually seem smoother in FSX than you'd think, and getting as much as 20 in FSX is not easy at present in any case!

I have always had mini pauses in the pmRJ PFD/ND. When I run the pmRJ without connection to FS, I get a very smooth movement of the PFD and ND. Once connected via WideFS, the movement is choppy.

Choppy? I thought PM's display software smoothed things anyway?

What's the FS frame rate? What does Wideclient show as the average frame rate? They should match within reason. The WideFs ones can be more if there is a lot of data, suffucent to warrant more than one data frame transfer for every FS frame.

Run the system, see the choppiness, close FS and the clients down, then look at the WideClinet and wideServer log files. They should be clean of erros (except possibly initial connection and final disconnections), and there will be a performance summary at the end.

If there are no errors, but the performance is erratic, if may be that FS isn't leaving enough time for other things to process. You'd need to limit frame rates a tad.

Regards

Pete