The simFlight Network Forums

(Tower 2011) KMIA 08R Issues

BillA

Hi, I have noticed that when commanding airplanes to taxi to runway 08R from the ramp all the planes end up lining up and waiting on 08R instead of holding short. All other runways work fine and they hold short.

Ok they entered the runways when told to taxi to runway 8R (for american) and 9 (for yukon).  Both aircraft American and Yukon taxied from ramp and taxied to their runways and entered the runways without holding short.  Now ive tested the same command to runway 12 and they all hold short of the runway.

Running Windows 7 64bit

Speech is installed and setup correctly and working fine.

computer specs

MSI P55-GD65
Intel i5 750
Corsair 8gig DDR3
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 1gig DDR5
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
Maxtor SATA 200gig 8MB Buffer 7200

Corsair CX600 600W PS

game.zip

Hi, I have noticed that when commanding airplanes to taxi to runway 08R from the ramp all the planes end up lining up and waiting on 08R instead of holding short. All other runways work fine and they hold short.

Hi Bill,

I'm guessing that you're using the multi-player version of Tower. If so, ... for some weird reason, the packaged airfield data with the MP version is inconsistent with the single-player version of Tower. Much of it is the same, .. but, a couple of changes were made, .. that kinda screws things up.

In the SP version, Runway 8R etc., is referred to as .. 'eight right', ..but, in the MP version it's referred to as 'zero eight right'. This causes a problem in the MP version, as most of the airfield data, for the taxiway gates etc, .. refer to 8R NOT 08R, .. which is why the 'gate' triggers don't work. They will work for 8R, .. but not 08R!!

This actually affects all the single digit runways at KMIA (8L, 8R & 9) and KLAX (6L, 6R, 7L & 7R).

In order to fix this, .. you're gonna have to edit a couple of files for each airport. i.e. for KMIA .. Miami_Airport.afx  and menu_map_miami.map

NB!! .. make a backup of your Tower! 2011 folder ... just in case.

Run the 'AirfieldEd.exe' program, located in your \Tower! 2011 folder. Load the Miami_Airport.afx file. In about the center right of the display, you see a box with the heading 'Roads and routes', and below that should be the runways and taxiways etc.

Click on the 08L value to highlight it .. then click on Edit. Just remove the 0 from the 08L .. in the name field. Close the box by clicking on the red X in the top right corner.

DO exactly the same for 08R and 09 .... just removing the zeros.

Click on Save, .. and overwrite the existing Miami_Airport.afx file.

Next we have to edit a file in the \Tower! 2011\MenuData folder  .... using a text editor etc..

Open the .. menu_map_miami.map file .. using a text editor of some sort. You'll see some info at the start, .. followed by this runway info:-

Runway=08L 319 90 26R

Runway=26R 353 89 08L

Runway=08R 334 121 26L

Runway=26L 369 121 08R

Runway=12 298 218 30

Runway=30 328 235 12

Runway=09 224 301 27

Runway=27 259 301 09

.. just remove the 0 from 08L, 08R and 09, .. so it looks like this:-

Runway=8L 319 90 26R

Runway=26R 353 89 8L

Runway=8R 334 121 26L

Runway=26L 369 121 8R

Runway=12 298 218 30

Runway=30 328 235 12

Runway=9 224 301 27

Runway=27 259 301 9

Save the file, ... and that's it. :)

Test that out, .. and see how it goes.

You'll have to do the same thing for KLAX, .. but I'm sure you can figure those filenames out.

I have no idea why they changed the runway numbering in the MP version, .. the SP version works fine. It would have worked ok, if they thought to change all the taxiway gate numbering as well. Weird!!

I play the SP version, as it remembers your ADIRS and DBRITE window sizes and screen layout etc. .. the MP version doesn't. Another .. Weird!!! :???::

BTW, it would have been MUCH easier for me, .. and you, ..  just to attach the fixed files to this post. Unfortunately, the powers that be, .. get jittery about such things. :razz:

Good Luck

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

Thank Tom yes I have the multi-player version and that definitely did the trick.  Now its working properly and the planes are holding short. Plus feels better being able to say 8L and 9 instead of 08 or 09.

Much appreciated.

Bill

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Worked like a charm!!

Tower 2011

Chicago O'Hare, aircraft  taxiing to Runways 32L and 32R taxi onto the runway upon arrival at the runway without clearance.  Has this been a problem for anyone else?  And if so, is there a fix, as simple as the LAX and MIA single digit runway problem?

Roy

On 02/03/2014 at 6:13 PM, Thomasew said:

Runway=08L 319 90 26R

A quick Question,

What does the figures 319 & 90 represent in the above quote. I understand the others are runway allocations/headings, but what are the other figures for?

Kev M