The simFlight Network Forums

Any landing traffic at KPHX Rwy 26 that rolls out far enough down the runway to exit at taxiway B5 will over run this exit and just sit on the runway!  This necessitates the controller to have to issue two (2) commands to get the aircraft clear of the runway in order to direct him/her to the terminal.  Whichever command is issued, makes no difference, because the aircraft will only clear the runway on the first command, then stop again.  The second command then gets him/her going toward the terminal, but only if the airplane is fully stopped..  Issuing taxi instructions to aircraft rolling out on Rwy 26 will not work for long roll aircraft intending to exit at TW B5.  It is a procedure that gets the aircraft safely off the runway for the impending landing of the following aircraft to that runway.  If there is still someone sitting on RW26 just past TW B5, the following aircraft will go around.  KPHX can get a bit busy on the west flow and this problem will cause you some missed approaches.

Roy

Thank you Kev...  I have avoided the PHX west flow for that reason since I made this observation..  Anything you can do to help would certainly be appreciated. 

Do you have the Chicago Airport (KORD)??  I'm having a wee problem sending departures to runway 32L.  They do NOT stop at the holding post!!  When they arrive at the approach end for take off, they just taxi right onto the runway without clearance.  Not a great problem, but that's not supposed to be that way it's supposed to be.  Not in real life, anyway.  But, in real life the airplanes REQUEST take off clearance, but I can understand why this is not feasible in this program. 

Thanks for the help, by the way.  You have already helped me out of a couple of problems and I appreciate it.  

Roy

8 hours ago, kickerpicker said:

Thank you Kev...  I have avoided the PHX west flow for that reason since I made this observation..  Anything you can do to help would certainly be appreciated. 

Do you have the Chicago Airport (KORD)??  I'm having a wee problem sending departures to runway 32L.  They do NOT stop at the holding post!!  When they arrive at the approach end for take off, they just taxi right onto the runway without clearance.  Not a great problem, but that's not supposed to be that way it's supposed to be.  Not in real life, anyway.  But, in real life the airplanes REQUEST take off clearance, but I can understand why this is not feasible in this program. 

Thanks for the help, by the way.  You have already helped me out of a couple of problems and I appreciate it.  

Roy

Try this thread

Gareth

Gareth & Roy & nyergesdesign if they are monitoring this,

What's happening is that the aircraft are not swinging off the runway at the turnoff point but going slightly further, but not past the actual intersection. They then turn off the runway and stop and don't seem to have anywhere to go. They are not up to the stop gate at this stage. You give the taxi command and it proceeds to the stop gate as normal, needing a further command to taxi from there. It seems that whatever commands the A/C to turn off at a certain point is not commanding the A/C to turn off early enough.

I has it twice last run but the screen grabs that I took only showed the radars etc. i.e. second monitor screen. I will try again when I can next time it happens.

Kev M

1 hour ago, 707FAN said:

Gareth & Roy & nyergesdesign if they are monitoring this,

What's happening is that the aircraft are not swinging off the runway at the turnoff point but going slightly further, but not past the actual intersection. They then turn off the runway and stop and don't seem to have anywhere to go. They are not up to the stop gate at this stage. You give the taxi command and it proceeds to the stop gate as normal, needing a further command to taxi from there. It seems that whatever commands the A/C to turn off at a certain point is not commanding the A/C to turn off early enough.

I has it twice last run but the screen grabs that I took only showed the radars etc. i.e. second monitor screen. I will try again when I can next time it happens.

Kev M

Hi

It can be fixed in the editor if your familiar, when the a/c turns off the runway on to a taxiway it will continue forward until it either reaches the hold gate or the end of the section of taxiway (as it is in the editor) wheich ever comes first. if the hold is on the "second" stretch of taxiway the a/c will need two comands as it will hold at the end of the first taxiway then again at the hold.

To fix you need to edit the setion of taxiway in the editor to ensure the hold gate is before any taxiway intersaections to avoid the a/c holding twice.

You can slightly reduce/increase the ground roll of the affected aircraft in the planeEd, that may fix the late turn offs, Not tried but in theory it should work.....

Gareth

Guys,

I had a session today with heaps of landings on 26 & 25R. A 739 exited at B5 with no problems. Not one exited at B6 which I think is the problem  turnoff.

I am recording which exit the different types use to try & find the troublesome one. This also helps control ground movements especially when intermixed with cessna's B190's etc. landing very short on 25R.

I will keep trying. Also the taxiways B5 n B6 look Ok to me. I will look further though.

I've really got to adjust the 739 landing distance as it is far too long compared to the 738.

All good fun.

Kev M

• 2 weeks later...

Henrik,

The problem was not the airplane landing distance being longer than the runway. It was stopping 4 taxiways short of the runway end but instead of turning off and moving up to the gate & waiting for the taxi instructions, it goes just past the taxiway turnoff off the runway and stops. You need to give it a taxi command to get it to the gate then another to get it to taxi to terminal. I think it is something funny with the turnoff but can't find what it is. By shortening the landing run and making it more realistic compared to the A320 it turns off one taxiway shorter and works good. For me, problem fixed.

Kev M