The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D or Tower 2011

Gazdon

For those that have both which do you get the most fun out of? I know its early days with Tower 3D but imagine the same number of add ons as Tower 2011. I personally like Tower 2011 having played it almost every week since release and the few bugs in Tower3D and lack of manual plus it does not run as well as Tower 2011 on my system. I may change my mind but I like voice command rather than clicking here and there. Would like to see what Tower 3D Pro will offer but will have to wait for that.

I would have to vote for Tower!3D.  Not only over Tower!2011 or Tracon!2012 or ARTCC!2013, whoops the third sim never came out, sorry ;-)

What with point and click commands, and not having to type or talk to your computer.  It gets kind of embarrassing when you are talking to your computer at work. Plus I'm not getting any younger and tend to forget all the commands. Not to mention forgetting what command I was looking for while going through the list of commands.

Seeing the planes get pushed back, and roll out to the runway and take off.  Seeing the jet engine heat exhaust.  Watching the service vehicles run around and the ramps move in and out.  Hearing the screech of the tires as the planes land. Listening to the engines roar as the planes takeoff and gain speed. Being able to follow the planes as they land or takeoff.  Sorry another whoopsie, I forgot that feature is going away (F1) :-(.

Plus probably a dozen or so other subtleties I have not discovered yet.

Plus, it can only get better from here!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you FeelThere,
Hugs and Kisses,
RickyJ

• Upvote 1

Okay, now I'm starting to even see more, now that I've gotten myself all hyped up.  The weather with the fog and the rain (where are those wipers when you need them) and the thunder and lighting the sun rising and setting and the glare of the sun (probably some real technical fancy name for that sun glare other than sun glare). I don't remember seeing that in the previous games.

The spacing (sometimes) of incoming flights, not having to vector them when landing or departing (maybe a nice future choice). 

" I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it "

The Pointer Sisters

RickyJ

• Upvote 1

Once we have the SP + Real Traffic (with more aircraft types) + Real Color + a few more add-ons, I do not think Tower 2011 will hold a candle to it.  Personally, I do not really enjoy speech recognition types sims.  Of course I will welcome the other features that the Pro version will bring us. 

Yea, I'm waiting for the SP.  Went back to 2011 because of all of the BS runway alerts in Tower 3D.  I read that they are working on them for the SP so hopefully they will get them straightened out.  I really like'd playing Tower 3D a lot so will try it again when the SP drops.  After playing Tower 3D I did switch from speech recognition in 2011 to using the key board and think I like that a lot better.

For me, speech rec is 50% the reason this sim is better than the rest, in fact it's the reason I ditched the rest, they are less realistic and less enjoyable, T3D with bugs fixed and speech rec will be ahead  of the rest for sure!

Thumbs up to feel there!

Gareth