The simFlight Network Forums

christmas list done

Russellfire

Guys, I spilled my coffee the second time laughing on your posts :) It reminds me to the good ol' days on the old forum.
You forced it so let me be a pre-Santa and give you some background information;
Yes, T!3DP is planned for this year. Currently we are working on bugs (by the way everything we fix for T!3DP will be released for T!3D too as a free service pack, so we are not giving up on the non Pro folks) and yesterday we had a successful multiplayer test (not a session yet, just saw the communication working). It is also needed for the multimonitor feature so I hope next week or the following I can confirm a working multimonitor for T!3DP.
I certainly hope that we can lock the development in a few weeks. We are already beta testing the product without multiplayer so once it's implemented all we have to do is to test it in local and far away connections. The plan is to release it on time to allow a possible Service Pack before Xmas.
There will be no European airport for this year but next week (unless we find some issue during testing) we plan to release our next airport add-on and Nyerges Design is ready to support it by a new version of RT and will release the necessary RC too.

Now let me go back to the North Pole to check on the elves :) 

Very good news, Pro before Christmas! :) So this airport to be released next week I assume is the smaller one you talked about some time ago that will allow special features supported later by the Pro version. This was not a question, just thinking out loud :)

Mike     

Folks,

Please let me repeat myself; this is the plan, not a promise. If we are not happy by the quality we will not push it our pre-maturely just to make sure it's out for the season. Even with very careful testing there are always some issues (which we always try to solve by SPs) so until at least I'm not aware of any problem we will keep fixing them inhouse before we release it for you. 
Many times (especially after release) developers are accused for "using paying customers for beta testing". I know it's frustrating but please let me give you some inside info:
When we let's say test speech I use my English US Win 10 to test it. There will be some test on UK and some other European languages (See, until these tests we can't yet confirm if the new speech will work on a non English US Windows or not) but it's simply not possible to test all kind of Win versions and languages, videocards, antivirus, etc so once a customer start using it in an environment that was not available to us it is possible he/she will discover something right away thinking how come we didn't catch it sooner.
So what we always try to do is push the software to it's limit on our existing configurations and won't release it until it passes the test at least on these limited number of computers.
We also make unplanned exceptions; I rather not say which or how many, but I can tell you many feature that we planned for PRO only made into the non PRO release as we decided they are too cool to hold it back from non PRO customers. Even in the past when we developed airplanes for publishers we added features that we liked ourselves and wasn't in the contract because we wanted to share with you.
So please be patient, please trust me we are as excited as you are to push everything out as soon as possible but we also want you to be happy with your product and avoid frustration as much as we can.

..and most importantly; thank you very much to you guys making this community such a happy place that will make me check the forum even on Saturday just like in the good ol' days :)

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Vic

Thanks Vic,

Every time you offer this kind of insight or "backstage tour" of how you do things, the more we as customers understand, and the less we complain :-)  Thank you for making us a part of the process; that is exactly what makes this forum such a fun place, and it keeps us coming back as well.  Now just so as not to break with my earlier promise, let me just say, I am still waiting (holding my breath even) for KATL. I categorically DO NOT want you to release it before it is ready, but that does not meant that I do not want it now ;-)  How is that for a contradiction?  I was just out there a couple of weeks ago with my 6-year old son.  [For anyone else who lives in ATL, there is a wonderful place on top of the south-side daily parking deck (the domestic side of the airport/not international) that has a fantastic view of of runways 9L/9R/10, especially when there is an East traffic flow]  God what a place to hang out when things are busy!  Nothing like the scent of jet fuel on a crisp autumn afternoon :-)  We got blasted by exhaust as a Lufthansa A340 made its turn onto 9L at Mike2 intersection.  My son asked, "Did that plane just fart on us?"  I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the day.

LOL, my son made similar comments especially in public when at least a dozen people heard him :)

Talking about backstage tour; it would be so nice to make an open office day or have some feelThere happening somewhere around the world. It may could turn into an annual event :)

The plan is to release KS.. this or the next week. If everything goes as planned the next release after KS.. is going to be a major, major release :) KATL may be pushed back depend how much work we need to get done after the major release :)

Vic

Got a feeling it will be KSAN.  The hints so far is that it is a smaller airport with a displaced threshold, and which has a single daily 777 flight in and out.  KSAN has also been done for Tower2011, and so far all airports for Tower3D have been fields that were done for Tower2011.

• Upvote 1

I dont think it will be KSAN. Could very well be, but if my prediction of T&G operation in Pro is correct and the new airport support this new feature KSAN would not be a strange selection, not much GA traffic there :) Naturally my T&G Pro feature may be wrong, then KSAN very well might be the new airport. Time will tell I guess :) 

Am I the only one feeling like a kid at Christmas? Pro, new airports. Fun times :) (maybe I should get out more, you know get a life) :)

mike

Wow, what a great testing session! I just tested the "to be released KS.." airport at 11:00 AM local on it's single runway and to be honest I was sweating :) Until PRO's release I will recommend a specific runway to use as the other direction could create some unresolvable situation. By using PRO's "exit at taxiway x" feature make it workable but still pretty intense as the arrivals are approaching at 5 miles between them and you also need to take care the departures :)