The simFlight Network Forums

displaced threshold

renhoef

I have noticed that arriving planes at runway 28 for TIST and 27 for KSAN will land correctly at the threshold point, but you cannot tell; a departing plane to line up and wait, then tell the arriving plane that the departing plane is in position, it will result in a collision.

RickyJ

That's a pity. If the real word airports would only consider landing over the top of lined up aircraft followed by aircraft taking-off over other aircraft in their landing roll (like some crazy aviation version of leap frog) just think how much they could increase their capacity!! ???

But count me out! I'd switch to trains ?

1 hour ago, futureboy said:

I have noticed that arriving planes at runway 28 for TIST and 27 for KSAN will land correctly at the threshold point, but you cannot tell; a departing plane to line up and wait, then tell the arriving plane that the departing plane is in position, it will result in a collision.

RickyJ

Sorry, just asking for some clarification.  The planes at KSAN land on the runway now (not threshold) correct?  Also, can you give the command, "Line up and wait", and or "Line up and wait behind next landing a/c??"  

4 minutes ago, renhoef said:

Unfortunately KJFK doesn't have displaced threshold feature I guess. 

Really? I have not tested that one out yet, but obviously KJFK has several displaced thresholds.  VIc, can you confirm it KJFK's displaced thresholds are intended to function realistically, or if not whether something planned for them?

47 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

KJFK has no displaced thresholds.

Vic

I beg to differ.  Please take a closer look at the approach ends of Runways 31R, and 22R, for example.  Both have substantial displaced thresholds, that are visibly marked, both in the sim, and in the real world.

24 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

I beg to differ.  Please take a closer look at the approach ends of Runways 31R, and 22R, for example.  Both have substantial displaced thresholds, that are visibly marked, both in the sim, and in the real world.

I thint what Vic ment to say was "KJFK has no displaced thresholds simulated.....yet" :)

I thought that Pro would just automatically recognize displaced thresholds in every airport and adjust traffic accordingly.  Perhaps Vic could offer a bit more insight into how this works, and whether there is a problem or intent to go back and include them in the other airports that have them.

@Renhoef: Nu alleen schiphol nog dan is alles geregeld...

If only we could get a voice command clearing landing aircraft to cross RWY whatever on their way to the terminal all would be well ;-)

Willem

52 minutes ago, renhoef said:

No more sinking aircraft at KSAN, and airplanes landing at the numbers since I downloaded SP1. Thanks. Good work....

Is the SP for KSAN out?  I have not seen any announcements. Just checked my download and it appears to be the same version as before.