The simFlight Network Forums

Nyerges Design - Real Traffic/Color Refresh Request

crbascott

Since it has been brought up in several topics, I thought I'd create a separate topic to request a real traffic/real color refresh from Nyerges Design. It is very obvious the RT schedules are primarily at least a couple of years old. A few flights with "new" big planes like the A380 and Dreamliner have been added, but the schedule itself has not been updated much since Tower!2011's heydey. It is most painfully obvious at KPHL where there is a large amount of US Airways ("Cactus") flights that ceased to exist in April 2015 if I'm not mistaken. Bottom line, this great product released in 2017 should at least have a schedule that reflects 2017 traffic.   

We are a passionate customer and our overall satisfaction with Tower!3D Pro relies more on third party efforts than in the past (no longer able to create/modify airports, terminals, airplanes, liveries, etc.). So, my ask is for FeelThere to assist in pursing needed updates from Nyerges.    

Thanks - just trying to make a great product even better!

• 3 weeks later...

It's been 3 weeks since I brought up the RT/RC refresh request so I thought I'd' share Nyerges' responses from Facebook. Not the support and responsiveness I was hoping for - which again is a concern with the 3D approach. I'm not sure what they are working on or what their priority is, but based on this exchange (or lack thereof) I don't think a refresh is is in the plans.

Nyerges_FB.thumb.JPG.a9424cd2b1e39580ca5758099e4b36ab.JPG.

Even with Tower!2011 I would build my own schedules since RT was out of date - which was somewhat understandable for a 6 year old product. I even created a few liveries and planes (the yellow Spirit livery, the "new" American livery, A380s, Dreamliners). 

With the Pro schedule being antiquated, I've done the same thing ... created fresh schedules. However, the issue now is there are missing airlines/liveries (i.e., white planes). Hopefully, someone will figure out how we add new liveries ourselves or Nyerges (or a new developer) will step up their game. When I see "contact the developer" it does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling that the question/issue will be addressed.   

7 hours ago, tyljiang said:

The Only issue I run into with creating my own schedule is when you update the IATA codes for certain airlines, such as Piedmont, which in game is PI but now is EN, you lose the skins since they're bound to the old code. 

Yep,  that was the greatness of Tower!2011 ... flexibility and customization. With the Pro setup, we are at Nyerges' mercy to provide us updates (add the A359 to KPHL, adjust the takeoff lengths so planes included in the antiquated schedule can actually depart, etc.).

Sadly, Nyerges is very silent as far as Pro goes. They did release a new real color for KDTW for Tower!2011 although it is probably a collection of airplanes/liveries already released and nothing new.      

On 4/10/2017 at 0:50 AM, tyljiang said:

The Only issue I run into with creating my own schedule is when you update the IATA codes for certain airlines, such as Piedmont, which in game is PI but now is EN, you lose the skins since they're bound to the old code. 

The IATA code for Piedmont should be US. 

• 6 months later...