The simFlight Network Forums

KSAN for Tower!3D Pro : wrong info

Kl408

I bought KSAN today and downloaded the zip file from  bmtmicro.

There are two .exe files in the zip and a txt file.

The txt file has one line: Please use KSAN_for_Tower3D_SP1 for the non Pro version and KSAN_for_Tower3DPro for the Pro version.

Pretty straightforward, right??

Wrong, there is no Pro in the zip file, it has SP1 and SP2...

Logic would suggest to use the SP2 file for my Pro version of Tower!3D but if they changed the name for the exe they would also change the txt file to reflect this, or ??????

Any info would be appreciated before I mess up my install

Tnx

Willem

I have just downloaded KSAN again, and I see the same as KI408 - i.e. no obvious Pro file. If I assume that the SP2 file dated yesterday is for Pro then it is disappointing that when going for the install the default directory is "FeelThere/Tower 3D" not "FeelThere/Tower!3D Pro".

Incorrect default install folders are the cause of a significant number of pleas for help on this forum. I feel for those customers who do not know that this forum exists.

Vic & team, I stand with KI408 in requesting clarification and I ask for better default install routing in future upgrades & add-ons.

(It's still a great sim though!!!!!) ?

I just tried redownloading it and got the same thing.  Previously the two .exe files were labeled:  KSAN_for_Tower3D_SP1 and KSAN_for_Tower3DPro_SP1.

We have been expecting a new version (SP2) of KSAN for the last few days, so my guess its that they just uploaded it to the server, and accidentally misnamed the files.  I would suggest holding off for a few hours, or until Vic replies to this thread.  I am sure they will correct it as soon as possible.

Looking at the files for the previous version (SP1) the Pro version is slightly larger than the standard version.  Thus the 2nd file is most likely the one for Pro if you are feeling adventurous.  However, I would still hold of for clarification from Vic.

22 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

I just tried redownloading it and got the same thing.  Previously the two .exe files were labeled:  KSAN_for_Tower3D_SP1 and KSAN_for_Tower3DPro_SP1.

We have been expecting a new version (SP2) of KSAN for the last few days, so my guess its that they just uploaded it to the server, and accidentally misnamed the files.  I would suggest holding off for a few hours, or until Vic replies to this thread.  I am sure they will correct it as soon as possible.

Or they did not misname them but accidentally put sp1 and 2 into one zip, as you suggested I'll wait for Vic to sort things out ?

Okay,  I just tried the second file (the one labeled SP2) in T3DPro and it works, but there is also a new version of Real Traffic, which you must also download and install if you are using Real Traffic.  Looks like they moved SKW and CPZ from the commuter terminal to terminal 2.

2 hours ago, Flightsimpilot said:

Just downloaded Real Traffic for Pro, KSAN has no aircraft at the terminals has anyone the same, I know it is Nyergesdesign issue but I wondered if it is my fault in someway  before taking further steps. I did download KSAN SP2 before.

I experienced this after installing KSAN SP2, but before installing the new version of Real Traffic.  Thus, I suspect that after installing KSAN, you installed Real Traffic to the wrong location (is your Pro installation different from the default location?  If so, then be sure to point it to the root directory of your Pro installation) and thus never really installed it to Pro.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Folks, it was just a naming issue. I'm uploading a new version (same files but correct txt and naming. The beer is on me next time for this :)
Oh by the way; feelThere is turning 15 years old this year. This weekend we will have a nice company meeting in Prague. I've been always thinking about it; would you be interested to meet somewhere and have a nice little feelThere meeting where we could meet in person, tell stories, ask questions, etc?

Vic

1 hour ago, FeelThere said:

Sorry Folks, it was just a naming issue. I'm uploading a new version (same files but correct txt and naming. The beer is on me next time for this :)
Oh by the way; feelThere is turning 15 years old this year. This weekend we will have a nice company meeting in Prague. I've been always thinking about it; would you be interested to meet somewhere and have a nice little feelThere meeting where we could meet in person, tell stories, ask questions, etc?

Vic

yes, definitely.  But, I can't make Prague (would be nice).  Where did you have in mind in the States? 

Chris

3 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Vic

Could we get a specific list of the changes in KSAN SP2? 

Vic,

In a perfect world I would love to meet up with the FeelThere team and the other members of this forum. I am sure it would be a really enjoyable & interesting event. Sadly, I think real world logistics would significantly reduce attendance pssibilities. If the 'locations' of members of this forum are correct you seem to have customers from all over the world so travel, even for such a potentially great meeting of FT friends, might be too difficult. My family home is thousands of miles from where I work so a trip to chat with my T3D sim buddies instead of going home would not go down well at home.

May I propose the first meeting is at KATL? (How about that for an idea Avwriter?!?! ?)

4 hours ago, winsaudi said:

Vic,

In a perfect world I would love to meet up with the FeelThere team and the other members of this forum. I am sure it would be a really enjoyable & interesting event. Sadly, I think real world logistics would significantly reduce attendance pssibilities. If the 'locations' of members of this forum are correct you seem to have customers from all over the world so travel, even for such a potentially great meeting of FT friends, might be too difficult. My family home is thousands of miles from where I work so a trip to chat with my T3D sim buddies instead of going home would not go down well at home.

May I propose the first meeting is at KATL? (How about that for an idea Avwriter?!?! ?)

Ha ha.  KATL works for me :-)  Look at it this way.  According to statistics you will all come through here sooner or later anyway.  Supposedly, you even have to change flights here when you die, but let's try not to wait that long ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Vic -- I am having a problem with the KSAN add-on. Just purchased two days ago from FSPILOTSHOP. When I select KSAN, Tower! 3D Pro hangs at 99% loading. I have Real Traffic for 3D Pro (and Real Color Bundle) and it works fine for all those airports. Gabor thinks it is because the version I downloaded yesterday is an old version (KSAN for Tower! 3D, dated 12/6/2016). Can you see if there is a new version and if so, make sure FSPILOTSHOP has it, so I can redownload it?

Many thanks,

Peter

Pro wasn't released until February, so I'm pretty sure the version you have is for regular 3D. I'd ask for a refund and get the current version from the FeelThere site. I've found that the FeelThere site is cheaper and they have sales. 

The FeelThere version contains an installer for regular 3D and Pro.The installer for KSAN is KSAN_for_Tower!3DPro_SP2.exe and is dated 3/29/2017.